Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 sgibs7 @ 05/02/12 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Good stuff!! I will record a random online game session and hit you up and we can discuss what I am doing wrong. Justin Smith just gets shredded on the outside on this counter everytime and gets held up by a WR blocking most of the time if he is not on his back.

I would love to end the debate and arguments over different gameplay styles, the exploits get old and tiring is all when fun can be had with everyone on the same page!

We all want madden to better each and every year, I feel we gotta cut the link that holding it back every year and thats the cheaters!
you use that defense and you wont have a problem wiht it anymore. you will blow the counter up in the backfield.

this is where the "education" of the gm comes into play.

the counter might be considered over effective or glitchy or cheesy BEFORE you know about this (or other ways to stop it)

thats kinda why i dont consider anytihng a glitch bc everytihng has a counter - its just about spendin the time to find it. not everyone has the time, but thats what im here for - to do it for you

# 82 baller7345 @ 05/02/12 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Adjust x
We can ever play a game and I show it to you, things like the Flat/Slant out flood, or the Corner/Streak flood. My gamertag is Adjuss and I wouldn't mind showing you guys the other side off the fence.
The corner/streak/flat flood I'm fine with, its a common passing concept. But the Slant/Flats that are used in M12 aren't the same slant flats used in nfl.

That is what a slant flat concept looks like (I know they look like posts but the article and video I took this off of was definitely slants). The main reason they are removing slant outs (aside from many people saying they were broken) is because they simply aren't ran in the nfl. They aren't even on route trees and while some plays have routes that aren't on the route trees it is normally a safe bet if you can't make the route tree and are a variation of the slant then you aren't being used very often in the nfl.

EDIT:

Found a better image to use as an example of an actual slant flat passing concept.

# 83 sgibs7 @ 05/02/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
The corner/streak/flat flood I'm fine with, its a common passing concept. But the Slant/Flats that are used in M12 aren't the same slant flats used in nfl.

That is what a slant flat concept looks like (I know they look like posts but the article and video I took this off of was definitely slants). The main reason they are removing slant outs (aside from many people saying they were broken) is because they simply aren't ran in the nfl. They aren't even on route trees and while some plays have routes that aren't on the route trees it is normally a safe bet if you can't make the route tree and are a variation of the slant then you aren't being used very often in the nfl.

ya the slant out isnt even a route. its a way to create a flood but not really sound football.

glad to see the zig route make an appearance this year.

# 84 WFColonel56 @ 05/02/12 10:53 PM
Quote:

EDIT:

Found a better image to use as an example of an actual slant flat passing concept.
but even though the slant out isnt apart of a route tree the slant out+flat route combination used in madden attacks the defense in the same way that a curl-flat route combo or the sail route combo...by attacking the flat defender

even though it isnt X's and O's logical in the sense that thw slant out inst a route on the route tree the route combination is X's and O's sound and logical by the way that it attacks a zone defense

but the purple zones effectiveness made things difficult to manage
(cough gibs cough)

# 85 baller7345 @ 05/02/12 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
ya the slant out isnt even a route. its a way to create a flood but not really sound football.

glad to see the zig route make an appearance this year.
It was in the game this year (unless its different than the whip unders which is what I was understanding it to be), it just wasn't a hot route (which is awesome).

I used it like crazy since a lot of the plays out of GB's book have those routes being ran by the slot guys. It also helps that my personal dislike for the slant outs meant that I didn't run more than maybe 5 of them all year which should at least make me ready for a world in which they don't exist. Speed outs FTW! lol

# 86 sgibs7 @ 05/02/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't have any video but anybody can go into practice mode against the CPU and see exactly what I am talking about. Defensive pass interference is for making illegal contact with an intended receiver when the ball is in the air. Defensive holding/illegal contact/illegal use of the the hands is for making illegal contact with a receiver after 5 yards prior to the pass. In Madden that penalty does not exist so a CPU or User defender can make all the contact they want with receivers 6-99 yards from the LOS before the pass without worry.

i have tried hitsticking my opponent in games and I always get pass interference called when they dont have the ball so the PI is there.

im not really sure what instances you are referring to - i havent played one game this year where I thought the outcome of the play was effected becuase of the issue you mentioned.

it should 100% be fixed for the sake of fixing it to make it represent the game more life like. are you talking about when defenders and receivers liek warp into each other? or the jostling between the players?

Overall though it doesnt effect the game to the point that you would win or lose a game based off it.

# 87 baller7345 @ 05/02/12 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
but even though the slant out isnt apart of a route tree the slant out+flat route combination used in madden attacks the defense in the same way that a curl-flat route combo or the sail route combo...by attacking the flat defender

even though it isnt X's and O's logical in the sense that thw slant out inst a route on the route tree the route combination is X's and O's sound and logical by the way that it attacks a zone defense

but the purple zones effectiveness made things difficult to manage
(cough gibs cough)
The other thing is when a WR would run a slant out it technically should be easier to pick it off since the route is breaking towards the outside part of the field and is running way from the QB meaning that it would be easier for a DB to undercut the route and pick it off in real life but the way they ran then in Madden its basically impossible. You could stop them but they were still so effective that comparing that flood to your standard Strong flood with the 10 yard out route is simply not worth using unless you are planning on rocket catching the out route.

Random other thing that annoyed me and has annoyed me for awhile is pretty much noone actually runs a true Bench concept. Everyone turns it into a 4 verticals shakes concept and calls it bench. I know its because its easier just to refer to the play but EA should just give you guys the 2 streaks and 2 deep corners play stock so that I don't have to hear people keep calling it Bench for another year. There is no high low read in that play ran like that....

# 88 baller7345 @ 05/02/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
i have tried hitsticking my opponent in games and I always get pass interference called when they dont have the ball so the PI is there.

im not really sure what instances you are referring to - i havent played one game this year where I thought the outcome of the play was effected becuase of the issue you mentioned.

it should 100% be fixed for the sake of fixing it to make it represent the game more life like. are you talking about when defenders and receivers liek warp into each other? or the jostling between the players?

Overall though it doesnt effect the game to the point that you would win or lose a game based off it.
I believe the main instances he is referring too are where you can basically run slightly slower in front of the WR and slow him down so he doesn't get to a streak or whatever route he is on.

I know I have seen a few instances where they games pass interference animation actually triggered and it didn't call the penalty. One of which was the final of a launch tourney (which luckily for me I still managed to win) where I was throwing a deep out and Jimmy Smith shoved Jennings out of the way 10 yards downfield and picked it off. It was an actual shove animation...completely left me speechless.

# 89 WFColonel56 @ 05/02/12 11:23 PM
Quote:
The other thing is when a WR would run a slant out it technically should be easier to pick it off since the route is breaking towards the outside part of the field and is running way from the QB meaning that it would be easier for a DB to undercut the route and pick it off in real life but the way they ran then in Madden its basically impossible. You could stop them but they were still so effective that comparing that flood to your standard Strong flood with the 10 yard out route is simply not worth using unless you are planning on rocket catching the out route.

Random other thing that annoyed me and has annoyed me for awhile is pretty much noone actually runs a true Bench concept. Everyone turns it into a 4 verticals shakes concept and calls it bench. I know its because its easier just to refer to the play but EA should just give you guys the 2 streaks and 2 deep corners play stock so that I don't have to hear people keep calling it Bench for another year. There is no high low read in that play ran like that....
most people ran it with a streak to that side of the field as well pushing the cover3 or4 deep 1/3 or 1/4th zone deep

# 90 baller7345 @ 05/02/12 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
most people ran it with a streak to that side of the field as well pushing the cover3 or4 deep 1/3 or 1/4th zone deep
I meant when ran against man coverage. It should have actually be defensible using man coverage unless you have a QB who can place it perfectly everytime. With the way it was ran in Madden though it was basically impossible to stop in man coverage unless you played some form of combo coverage. A route that breaks to the outside and down field isn't something that should be automatic against man defense in my opinion.

# 91 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Thank you kind sir

I was honestly beginning to think everybody was pretending to not know what I was talking about as some kind of practical joke, lol.
I have a play in my niners pb that does exactly what you speak Big F, Ill look it up a few minutes and tell you what it is and you can run it and see the LBs and safeties run rigth into my TE's and slow them down and the ball will sail where they should of been able to make a play!

Edit: SingleBack BIG TE Cross

Run that play and you will see it almost every time when the TEs cross!

# 92 BlackBetty15 @ 05/03/12 12:29 AM
Quote:

Well, when you obviously hit stick a wr yea the game will call it, but the CPU never gets called on PI. There is no animation for it. I really don't understand how people either aren't seeing this or its not a big deal. I mean...really? 15 yards or ball placed at the apot of the foul not a big deal...again, ask Miami hurricanes how crucial a PI call can be...or Ohio state for that matter because it allowed them to win the NC. I mean PI calls can and ARE a game changer or at least a momentum swinger in the least. So for there not to be an animation for it and not being called...or more sadly you can max out the sliders and it still never gets called is sad. Yea I can hit stick the crap out of the wr while the ball is in the air...and yes obviously PI will get called...but come on...if this is EA'S and yalls way of saying PI is accuratley portrayed in this game may the gods of football smite thee.

# 93 roadman @ 05/03/12 12:51 AM
Gibs, I'm assuming you are mostly an online player, and maybe PI is triggered online more going against another player, but going against the CPU, PI is called once, maybe twice a season if that, with the DPI slider cranked.

What Blackbetty is referring to is spot on.

# 94 primetime9 @ 05/03/12 04:11 AM
i hope they change the way the 3 bar helmets look. like the ones the RB's wear. the bars are too close together and not big enough. (Michael Vick facemask)

# 95 sgibs7 @ 05/03/12 09:01 AM
i know exactly what you guys are referring to now.

yes it totally needs to be fixed. 100%.

at the same token I havent felt this was a issue that plagued the game. The timing of it (in my opinion) is difficult to pull off on a every play basis. It cant really be done unless you are chucking deep and if you are manipulating the receiver in that manner then i would expect your opponent to do something about it and attempt the manual catch.

i feel the pain for the guys that play CPU only bc this would be a nigthmare - knowing you could do this every rip.

is this something that you guys can honestly say that you do every single play? (still needs to be fixed) im just trying to gauge what the honest feedback of it is.

# 96 Smoke6 @ 05/03/12 09:07 AM
Quote:

at the same token I havent felt this was a issue that plagued the game. The timing of it (in my opinion) is difficult to pull off on a every play basis. It cant really be done unless you are chucking deep and if you are manipulating the receiver in that manner then i would expect your opponent to do something about it and attempt the manual catch.

i feel the pain for the guys that play CPU only bc this would be a nigthmare - knowing you could do this every rip.

is this something that you guys can honestly say that you do every single play? (still needs to be fixed) im just trying to gauge what the honest feedback of it is.
In single player its frustrating when it happens and it happens on plays where there should have been more seperation between the defender and WR. if you want it can happen all the time and most times its forcing the AI to pass the exactly where you want him too each and every time.

Online, its a tactic used by many and with the warping of players to get tot he ball even while making contact is the icing on the cake. If you are a step or 2 behind the intended WR, then it is what it is and you just have to make a play after the catch. But to intentionally hold someone from making a completion is beyond scandalous.

# 97 Illustrator76 @ 05/03/12 09:17 AM
Quote:

Yes, I feel it is. There are a few Online Franchises that are even starting to institute a "No switch rule" when the ball is in the air because of this BS. It is ridiculously cheap and unfair to the offense. Basically, throwing a pass comes down to who can select their guy and turbo/warp to the ball the quickest while knocking the other guy out of position. EA just needs to fix all of the penalties in their football games in general. Screw all of their "supposed" telemetrics or whatever else they claim to use for tuning this stuff. The bottom line is that EA wants little Timmy to be able to have fun and success while playing defense, and not have to suffer the consequences of calling a Cover 2 Sink against a 4 Verticals play.

Ugh...

# 98 ODogg @ 05/03/12 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Just to add to this. Our league played 4 seasons and we had 32 guys. We saw two pi calls during that entire span. Two. Also, the tactic that big is referring to is common. If you use the RB button you can bump receivers at the line. It completely holds them and is blatant illegal contact. Sometimes your receiver won't ever get past 5 yards. Total mess.
they really just need to fix the damned slider for it. I have mine at 99 in NCAA and we've played three seasons and I've seen one PI, on ME versus the computer, LOL. so stupid.

# 99 Smoke6 @ 05/03/12 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Just to add to this. Our league played 4 seasons and we had 32 guys. We saw two pi calls during that entire span. Two. Also, the tactic that big is referring to is common. If you use the RB button you can bump receivers at the line. It completely holds them and is blatant illegal contact. Sometimes your receiver won't ever get past 5 yards. Total mess.
uhm, no on this one taz, you can hold them up to 5 yds but have to release them if it gets past that if im not mistaken what you are saying. But I have seen streak routes be held up with the defender getting right in the path of the WR and slowing him down by slowing down himself right in front of him with without a penalty being called.

But yea I believe the rule is for after 5yrds!

# 100 Illustrator76 @ 05/03/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
they really just need to fix the damned slider for it. I have mine at 99 in NCAA and we've played three seasons and I've seen one PI, on ME versus the computer, LOL. so stupid.
I can agree with this. If EA wants to have the default penalties basically NEVER get called, then fine, but when you crank that slider up, you better darn well start seeing realistic penalties. Also, there need to be sliders included in Online Franchise for the people that want more realistic penalty calls there as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.