Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This NCAA Football 13 video showcases the USC Trojans intro and the new studio update with Rece Davis.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BlueNGold @ 05/11/12 10:40 AM
Was the commentary from Nessler supposed to sound exactly the same as all of the past games in that clip?

# 102 SageInfinite @ 05/11/12 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper_kobe
Yes believe it or not 2K is not perfect in everything they do...though this board will come to that realization the same time Satan starts wearing a coat.
Get outta here with that man. Nobody said 2k was perfect, but to say the commentary is "not very good" is a ridiculous statement imo. Their games have consistently had some of the best commentary in the business.

# 103 Pokes404 @ 05/11/12 12:05 PM
I didn't realize the sanctions on USC were that damaging. It's going to be tough to compete with only 10 players on the roster.

# 104 SteboSSK @ 05/11/12 12:35 PM
Lol at the OP getting banned. Funny thing is he was defending EA tooth and nail in the middle of last year. He was the guy that said the pass coverage was "superb" lol.

# 105 huntt26 @ 05/11/12 12:45 PM
I think the logo is in the wrong place here... but maybe not. Might just look strange since his name is literally #7 QB

# 106 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
I think the logo is in the wrong place here... but maybe not. Might just look strange since his name is literally #7 QB
Here is the ESPN overlay

# 107 bigbob @ 05/11/12 12:52 PM
I feel like, other then the Davis cut-away's which are great, it just looks like the same NCAA that we've been use to.

# 108 mcmike9 @ 05/11/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
For next year they need to tighten up Rece's audio bigtime. Also, I wish they would remove the "and that does it for us here in the studio," it sounds abrupt. I think instead Rece should set the stage and then we should cut right to the graphics, then Brad.
Completely agree. His audio is a little choppy, and they should eliminate "that does it for us here in the studio" completely.

# 109 mcmike9 @ 05/11/12 02:49 PM
Why is NCAA Basketball from a couple years back the only game that ever used both ESPN and CBS? And featured both announcing crews and exact graphics. I thought that was such a step forward, only to be never seen again.

# 110 TheTruth437 @ 05/11/12 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Get outta here with that man. Nobody said 2k was perfect, but to say the commentary is "not very good" is a ridiculous statement imo. Their games have consistently had some of the best commentary in the business.
Ridiculous? I also agree that NBA 2k12 has some of the best commentary in the business. But if I don't compare it to other sports games, it really isn't up to my standards. NBA 2k12 doesn't have very many team/player specfic lines, so that's the main reason why I don't think the commentary is "very good".

I suppose we agree to disagree.

# 111 Pezell04x @ 05/11/12 03:12 PM
I like what was shown for the most part. I don't think they'll cut to a studio update that early, I honestly think they put it in there to show it. Well, at least I hope so. A couple things irked me:

- Crowd is still dead
- Dead air while the team is running out
- Coach audible is awkward

Honestly, part of me hopes that this was just spliced together and they're still working on some audio parts because I didn't notice a major difference from intro to kickoff.

Either way, NCAA 13 will be in my tray on July 10.

# 112 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
Ridiculous? I also agree that NBA 2k12 has some of the best commentary in the business. But if I don't compare it to other sports games, it really isn't up to my standards. NBA 2k12 doesn't have very many team/player specfic lines, so that's the main reason why I don't think the commentary is "very good".

I suppose we agree to disagree.
Well at this point I just think you feel games don't have good commentary, or compared to a real broadcast.

Relative to the market, 2K has outstanding commentary. NCAA has bad commentary by any standards.

# 113 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.S.T.X.B.
LMAO!!!!!!!
lol Hilarious.

On a side note, I wonder when the dynasty has names for everyone, will Rece Davis mention any players?

Like if Danard Robinson broke some kind of record, would he say "Robinson had a big game for Michigan on the ground."

Or something like that.

Edited: After thinking about it for 2 seconds, I realize aint no way in hell that's in there. I guess that also rules out no Heisman watch for the studio updates.

# 114 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekcots11
idk if it will be in dynasty. but ive had the rosters since 2009 and the announcers do say their last names. even the complicated ones. but its patchy. so obviously it sounds like they edited it in. but its better than nothing right?
Oh I know the announcers say the last names, they have said them since ps2.

That's what made me wonder if maybe Reece Davis would say them. But after thinking about it, I seriously doubt it.

# 115 TheTruth437 @ 05/11/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Well at this point I just think you feel games don't have good commentary, or compared to a real broadcast.

Relative to the market, 2K has outstanding commentary. NCAA has bad commentary by any standards.
Yep. I compare any sports video game to a real broadcast, not to another sports video game broadcast.

# 116 cameroncrazie07 @ 05/11/12 04:37 PM
only complaint is they still only show 10-15 guys running out of the tunnel, just looks off to me

# 117 bigbob @ 05/11/12 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroncrazie07
only complaint is they still only show 10-15 guys running out of the tunnel, just looks off to me
That's always something that bothered me.

Personally, I'm not one to complain about visuals because if I want something that looks perfect, I'll watch or go play football.

But having only 10-15 guys running out with the team has always looked odd to me.

# 118 Exile04 @ 05/11/12 05:09 PM
ok so i found a few things fun. 1st Washington was ranked #5 in the nation as awesome as i would like that i find it hard to believe.

2nd the texas tech upset. the way he was talking doesnt make any sense or have any rythem to it.
"How far will they fall? the unthinkable has happened" Im sorry but Tech beating the longhorns is not the unthinkable. Im over it

# 119 OGKing @ 05/11/12 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
ok so i found a few things fun. 1st Washington was ranked #5 in the nation as awesome as i would like that i find it hard to believe.

2nd the texas tech upset. the way he was talking doesnt make any sense or have any rythem to it.
"How far will they fall? the unthinkable has happened" Im sorry but Tech beating the longhorns is not the unthinkable. Im over it
Listen. They were most likely playing dynasty mode. That's why Washington somehow was #5. It also explains Texas Tech beating Texas. It's in dynasty.

# 120 mrprice33 @ 05/11/12 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's always something that bothered me.

Personally, I'm not one to complain about visuals because if I want something that looks perfect, I'll watch or go play football.

But having only 10-15 guys running out with the team has always looked odd to me.
Something tells me if they went for 50-60 guys the game would look like a slideshow, or the guys running out would look like the models on the sidelines.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.