Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
  • Fast forward to 8:45
  • EA Sports and Madden NFL 13 has partnered up with NFL Fillms
  • QB cadences have returned
  • Crowds in the past were recorded with 4 microphones, in Madden NFL 13 they used 24 mics
  • When big plays happen, you hear the highs and lows
  • Recorded grunts and hits from mic'd players, which has been implemented into the game
  • Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had recording sessions together and ad-lib audio was captured

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 roadman @ 05/11/12 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
I really am taking the bait with this game. I'm surprised at the low hype score with EA's efforts and their communication with changes that so many people have had on their wish lists.

Damn, I wish Directv would put back GTTV
Not to derail the thread, but I watched GTTV on the Spike network about a month ago on DirectTV.

# 42 spankdatazz22 @ 05/11/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
I really am taking the bait with this game. I'm surprised at the low hype score with EA's efforts and their communication with changes that so many people have had on their wish lists.

Damn, I wish Directv would put back GTTV
I'd guess it's because of their history. It's not as if Tiburon hasn't tried to address the game's issues in the past; every year there are people that document Tiburon's addressing of wishlists. The problem is their implementation. For example, Pro-Tak was supposed to address several of the game's issues but obviously it didn't. They've tried addressing presentation concerns, franchise features, etc. The problem has always been their execution

# 43 RGiles36 @ 05/11/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I like this idea, but you wanna talk about unpopular. I'm an advocate for taking it a step further, and forcing us to select the snap count at the playcall screen to mimic the quarterback calling it in the huddle.
Yeah, for the competitive Madden gamer, I know that would be unpopular.

I just don't feel I should have to set a faux house rule to fake snap at least once per play just to have a shot at false start. Inevitably, I forget to do it and bam, I've gone 3-4 games without a false start. Unheard of I would think...

If making false starts automatic is not feasible, then they gotta add some reward to using the fake snap i.e. luring the CPU offsides. That was part of my CD feedback. Otherwise, what good is the fake snap if there is only potential to hurt my team?

# 44 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
WTF? Chase I love you lol. I just posted about this a couple of days ago asking were they going to bring back the on field **** talking and cadences from Madden 08. This is great. Thank you.
See if you believe. Then it comes true.

# 45 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yeah, for the competitive Madden gamer, I know that would be unpopular.

I just don't feel I should have to set a faux house rule to fake snap at least once per play just to have a shot at false start. Inevitably, I forget to do it and bam, I've gone 3-4 games without a false start. Unheard of I would think...

If making false starts automatic is not feasible, then they gotta add some reward to using the fake snap i.e. luring the CPU offsides. That was part of my CD feedback. Otherwise, what good is the fake snap if there is only potential to hurt my team?
SO tell me with this new QB cadences. Does that mean once the QB says what he says. Does the center automatically snap the ball or do we still have the choice to push the button and snap the ball ourselves?

# 46 DickDalewood @ 05/11/12 12:00 PM
Absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE that they brought the QB cadences back. That. Is. Awesome.

# 47 RGiles36 @ 05/11/12 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
SO tell me with this new QB cadences. Does that mean once the QB says what he says. Does the center automatically snap the ball or do we still have the choice to push the button and snap the ball ourselves?
Don't over-think it bro...LOL

# 48 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Don't over-think it bro...LOL
Maybe I'm just reading to much into it or just over reacting a little to much.

# 49 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Wow, these are great ideas and great things to add to the game. I hope it's implemented very well, but it sounds like great stuff to add to the realism. Good job by the audio guys. Did Chase have anything to do with this?

Having the right people with the right mindset working on a product can make ALL of the difference!
Did you just make a positive comment about Madden 13? JK bro

# 50 mestevo @ 05/11/12 03:04 PM
Maybe with the kinect integration we'll have our own cadence in superstar mode recorded and used in the game.

Not something I'd ever really wish for, but would be lying if I said I wouldn't use it to record some silly stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 51 Senator Palmer @ 05/11/12 03:37 PM
For those that want to give it the Zapruder Film treatment, here is a slow motion capture of all of the new gameplay clips from last night. Not the best quality, but maybe you can see some stuff you may have missed, as none of these clips were more than a few seconds long.

Vick Touchdown Pass:

Rivers Touchdown Pass:

Matt Cassell Sack:

Carson Palmer Sack:

# 52 ch46647 @ 05/11/12 03:45 PM
Thanks for that buddy! Love the first Vick TD pass. Pass trajectory looked MUCH better. Also, love the way the LB in man coverage on the RB in the flat didnt just magically turn and either swat the ball or turn and run after it. The ball just sailed over his head and he just kept chasing the running back because he didnt see the pass.

In last years Madden the second the ball is released the defenders anywhere on the field instantly turn to either make a play on the ball or chase where the ball is going to. This should make open field running a lot more exciting since you wont have a swarm of 8 defenders on you the second you catch the ball or make a juke on a defender. (I hope)

# 53 Armor and Sword @ 05/11/12 03:48 PM
I am starting to have little doubt that the network style presentation for Madden 13 is going to shape up as the best presentation this game has ever had. It really looks like the team has really listened to the community about how far the series was behind other sports titles in that regard.

So I am getting excited.

But I am really looking for a good improvement with tackling. To me that is critical to make Madden 13 a must buy. I have confidence the new passing logic/system is going to be really good and solve a lot of the issues in that area. I have a good degree of confidence the DB AI and nerf down of the super LB's will happen.

So far on some of the videos, I am not seeing that ridiculous pinball "one hit sends a guy flying" animations all the time. I really want that area to be improved big time.

# 54 poster @ 05/11/12 04:03 PM
On the Cassell sack, the RT just sits there and blocks nothing for a second as the rush outside backer comes in freely after the QB. Just awful.

While he picks up the delayed blitzer, his first read should be to get the outside backer. Gosh, I hope this somehow gets tuned before release.

# 55 newefan @ 05/11/12 04:08 PM
it sounds like that alot of the recordings with jim and phil were ad-libed nice to here that for a change

# 56 roadman @ 05/11/12 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Yes - unfortunately that's one of my gamekillers as well. The videos look ok, but not much different from Madden 12. The line play is exactly the same.
Let's hope Clint is able to fine tune before release.

# 57 PackerBacker123 @ 05/11/12 04:42 PM
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY CHANGED THE FONT ON THE SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!

# 58 bigbob @ 05/11/12 05:06 PM
I love the fact that whenever Cutler is running off the field, he goes to slap hands with Lovie Smith and Smith basically ignores him.

One thing that worries me is that during the Rivers to Jackson Touchdown, Eric Berry just stood their, staring at the ball instead of trying to even attempt to swat it down (which he would have actually intercepted it with how poorly placed it was).

Two things I liked. The crowd during some of the scenes definitely sounded like a real NFL crowd which is thanks to the 24 mics that they used. The other thing was seeing two people hit Palmer at the same time. As the one was wrapping and lifting Palmer up, the other seemed to wrap him up as well.

# 59 jmurphy31 @ 05/11/12 05:13 PM
On paper, I love these new additions/changes, but I still need to see the implementation of them in the game (especially the commentary). Two years ago I think IGN had the article on Gus Johnson being in the game and they played the clip of him doing actual play by play and it sounded great. Then we got the actual game. The commentary just never fit in (random pauses, excitement for no reason) and it also was incorrect a lot of the time (Welker is one of the best QB's in the league)

I am hoping for the best. The last line Nantz says about the team winning without their star running back has a ton of potential to add to franchise mode if its implemented right (If Steven Ridley is injured I wouldn't want to hear that). I hope they ahve a ton of those type of audio tracks though

# 60 StL_RamZ @ 05/11/12 05:49 PM
Idk guys this might be THE YEAR....

6/4 is the date

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.