Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
  • Fast forward to 8:45
  • EA Sports and Madden NFL 13 has partnered up with NFL Fillms
  • QB cadences have returned
  • Crowds in the past were recorded with 4 microphones, in Madden NFL 13 they used 24 mics
  • When big plays happen, you hear the highs and lows
  • Recorded grunts and hits from mic'd players, which has been implemented into the game
  • Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had recording sessions together and ad-lib audio was captured

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jetup2343 @ 05/11/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker123
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY CHANGED THE FONT ON THE SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!
How do you know?

# 62 StL_RamZ @ 05/11/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
For those that want to give it the Zapruder Film treatment, here is a slow motion capture of all of the new gameplay clips from last night. Not the best quality, but maybe you can see some stuff you may have missed, as none of these clips were more than a few seconds long.

Vick Touchdown Pass:

Rivers Touchdown Pass:

Matt Cassell Sack:

Carson Palmer Sack:
Omg look at the RB on the Cassel sack...looks like backbreaker

# 63 TreyIM2 @ 05/11/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, I'd like to know how u know this...and by scoreboard, I assume u mean scorebug ....and I hope this is true!

Anyway, I just want this damn game. Lol. And I hope I don't get bored so quickly as I did with 12, which surprised me with the new tackling system and improved graphics and lighting initially sucking me in, especially in the demo. I played the demo a banillion times but it felt like once I played the early release download, the excitement went away after a bit of play. Then I bought the actual game around official release day....
Well, I just FINALLY finished A SEASON in my franchise last week and I'm NOT much of an online game, at all, and played next to NO online games with 12 except one with a former co-worker. Hmm. Looking forward to more of a hook like 10 did to me, this time around/

# 64 speedy9386 @ 05/11/12 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Wow, it kinda does.

# 65 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 07:28 PM
Quote:
IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure it's the same as you will see here, but they did change the zero's. Hopefully they change the rest too before shipping it. I know Shop talked to Mike Young about it the other day.

# 66 green94 @ 05/11/12 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE that they brought the QB cadences back. That. Is. Awesome.
Completely agree - hated that they took this out last year.

Minute detail buts add so much realism.

# 67 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Completely agree - hated that they took this out last year.

Minute detail buts add so much realism.
Hasn't it been out since like 08? I don't think they have had it for a few years.

# 68 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I love the fact that whenever Cutler is running off the field, he goes to slap hands with Lovie Smith and Smith basically ignores him.

One thing that worries me is that during the Rivers to Jackson Touchdown, Eric Berry just stood their, staring at the ball instead of trying to even attempt to swat it down (which he would have actually intercepted it with how poorly placed it was).

Two things I liked. The crowd during some of the scenes definitely sounded like a real NFL crowd which is thanks to the 24 mics that they used. The other thing was seeing two people hit Palmer at the same time. As the one was wrapping and lifting Palmer up, the other seemed to wrap him up as well.
I agree with you on that. I seen this same thing during the gameplay playbook for NCAA13. Where a a WR was doing a drag route underneath and there was a LBer in postion to knock it down as it sailed over his head and he was looking at. He did not even attempt to knock it down. He just stood there. I'm just really hoping they are not dumbing down the D to much just to give the offense big lift this year. That would kill the fun of the game.

# 69 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
LOL True that. Just about every player looks the same size to be honest. Can't really tell a difference.

# 70 raguel @ 05/11/12 10:58 PM
Quote:
I don't get the BB reference but it kind of annoys me how the RB ends up behind the qb when he should be pass blocking. This seems to happen too much in Madden. I think it's rare in 12, tho.

# 71 StL_RamZ @ 05/12/12 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
I don't get the BB reference but it kind of annoys me how the RB ends up behind the qb when he should be pass blocking. This seems to happen too much in Madden. I think it's rare in 12, tho.
If u ever played backbreaker and u would notice how the player in that game bend in different situations...YouTube backbreaker buddy...

# 72 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/12/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
That's an issue wit EA. They either make the LB's react at light speed, or don't react at all.

They need to find a balance.
I totally agree. They should find a balance. But that has been the problem with EA for years with Madden and NCAA. They have not been able to find the right balance between offense and defense. The really need to balance it out according to ratings of the player. That would be a big step in the right direction. They really need to do something to make sure that either side doesn't have the upper hand.

# 73 bigbob @ 05/12/12 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I totally agree. They should find a balance. But that has been the problem with EA for years with Madden and NCAA. They have not been able to find the right balance between offense and defense. The really need to balance it out according to ratings of the player. That would be a big step in the right direction. They really need to do something to make sure that either side doesn't have the upper hand.
All we can do is hope that they were playing the games on "Varsity" and "Rookie", explaining why certain players didn't react in the Gameplay Videos.

# 74 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/12/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
All we can do is hope that they were playing the games on "Varsity" and "Rookie", explaining why certain players didn't react in the Gameplay Videos.
Well I hope. Because if not. Then I will disappointed about it. I'm so glad they have finally made it where the offense and D guys have to see the ball before been able to respond to the ball. But on the harder settings like All Pro and All Madden I don't want to see the AI responding on both sides of the ball like the setting is on rookie or pro setting. I just hope this is the case tho. That those videos was been played on rookie and pro settings. I guess we will get a bigger picture of the gameplay come E3 next month.

# 75 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/12/12 04:27 PM
I want 2 see how the mic'd up players will be represented in the game

# 76 at23steelers @ 05/12/12 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
I want 2 see how the mic'd up players will be represented in the game
They will be recording players talking about who they will place a bounty on next!!

# 77 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/12/12 06:22 PM
good one but I meant like will it be the same person EVERY WEEK lol

# 78 mrmass413 @ 05/12/12 08:39 PM
Mic'd up hopefully it will make the game more intense. I can hear ray Lewis right now

# 79 EAGLESFAN10 @ 05/12/12 09:48 PM
just imagine Peyton callin audibles and Ray Lewis is on defense talkin S*** lol

That would get me in the game

# 80 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/12 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmass413
Mic'd up hopefully it will make the game more intense. I can hear ray Lewis right now
Wait when did they say they would have a mic'd up segment in the game? I miss something?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.