Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Trax is no more. At least for Madden NFL 13. The team will use an original score this year.

Also of note. The top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL will have their cadence captured for the game.

Quote:
Every year, members of the “EA Trax” team would sift through thousands of songs to come up with the 20 or so that would give gamers a sense of cool and cutting-edgeness as they played America’s highest-selling sports game.

This year, however, the Madden creative team wanted to go in a different direction.

The presentation in “Madden NFL 13” has been completely redone, from the all-new menus (they’re very industrial looking… in a good way) to the quarterback cadences (recorded in-person for each of the “top ten quarterbacks,” according to EA) to the recently introduced announcing crew of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

And the accustomed sound of “EA Trax” just didn’t go with the new look.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DickDalewood @ 05/15/12 12:49 PM
The little sample clip provided in the article is pretty badass.

# 22 Reed1417 @ 05/15/12 03:25 PM
i am going to miss EA Trax as i have found some pretty good music because of that but i did love that new theme they played in the webcast the other day.

# 23 bigbob @ 05/15/12 03:36 PM
Normally I'd be against this idea, but last year I think I turned all but 3 songs off so it won't be a bad thing.

# 24 TheUndogmatic @ 05/15/12 04:41 PM
I actually like having soundtracks in sports games. I've found some really good music through them. But EA sports has done a mediocre job with them in the past couple years, in both the NHL and Madden franchises. The soundtracks have been either too small or too boring, or both. Madden and NHL 08-10 had amazing soundtracks, but they've been lagging ever since. It would've been cool if EA had done a submission thing where you could submit songs you'd like in the soundtrack, but hey, if they think it'll make for a good gaming experience, I'm all for it. I love the score actually, it's awesome.

# 25 psychraider32 @ 05/15/12 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
This is a good step. I remember being pumped up by "NFL films" style "orchestral" (?) music in NFL Fever. Less is more.
I miss the music from that game.

# 26 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 06:13 PM
I loved the mvp05 soundtrack...after that, I think that the music from asb04 , the baseball sounding stuff lent it a lot of atmosphere

# 27 Broncos86 @ 05/15/12 06:14 PM
I'd love an option for 100% ESPN Radio.

# 28 inkcil @ 05/16/12 06:08 AM
Ryan36,

MVP05 and MLB Show 06 were were the two best sports videogame soundtracks, IMO. A close third for me was the soundtrack for NBA Live 05.

# 29 PGaither84 @ 05/16/12 06:51 AM
Only top 10?

Sad panda face...

I liked Alex Smith's new "let it roll!" and "Kill Kill!" and other new bits.

I don't expect them to have everyone, especially backups, but most of the starters would be nice.

# 30 STLRams @ 05/16/12 08:16 AM
I'm fine with EA trax gone, but has it been announced that will have the option for custom audio/soundtracks. Would love to add my own staduim music to the game.

# 31 oneamongthefence @ 05/16/12 11:04 PM
I like the new music. I always enjoyed the NFL films music so this is up my alley. The arrangements sounded really good.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

# 32 Aftershock9958 @ 05/16/12 11:24 PM
I don't believe they've announced if they're going to have custom soundtracks or not, but I can't see how they wouldn't after removing the licensed music. When a game shoots for realism, you don't pull the music you're using for a stadium atmosphere without adding something to replace it.

At least that's my take, and I hope I'm correct.

# 33 SageInfinite @ 05/16/12 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
My only question is...Are they trying to brand this score permanently. I mean when I hear Fox NFL's theme I know it, Year to year it doesn't change, Same goes for CBS...So is this the theme they're going to use every year in madden or is it just for this year??
I think this would be a really good idea. Stick with the music, make it iconic. Make people think Madden whenever they hear it. I hope EA/Tiburon does this. Great idea.

# 34 Sports fanantic @ 05/16/12 11:44 PM
Take a page out of FIFA for their music selection.

# 35 Eman5805 @ 05/16/12 11:50 PM
For real, I only listened to like....3 songs each year.

I did always like the remixes to NFL Films songs used last gen.

This one in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23N68zMOLSc

# 36 Patriots#12 @ 05/17/12 05:14 AM
I like the change though I hope they kept the Sam Spence tracks.

# 37 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/17/12 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
I still don't understand why sports games don't tie in with online radio, and provide streaming music instead of standard music that will get old after a few days. I know EA would be more than capable to team up with Pandora or iRadio and deliver this feature.
This is actualy a great Idea. Itd be great to be able to listen to your favorite Radio stations. Also itd be gerat to be able to add your own music to the game (via the music playlists already on your console) or even podcasts.

# 38 ODogg @ 05/17/12 09:23 AM
This is great because, aside from that one year when EA used Iron Maiden and other classic rock bands, EA Trax has always STUNK with the crappy new music that's out today. THANK YOU EA!!

# 39 DeuceDouglas @ 05/17/12 10:37 AM
I'm fine with this. Even if the new stuff sucks I'll just listen to whatever is on my iPod instead.

# 40 OPDriver @ 05/20/12 04:21 PM
Just that little sample is sweet!!! Love the score! Got me pumped up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.