Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ChaseB @ 05/14/12 09:47 PM
By all means give feedback as brutal as you want -- as long as you don't call me names(!)

# 42 carnalnirvana @ 05/14/12 09:55 PM
it sounded OK...

it sounded like something recorded in a quiet room with nothing happening...

i wish you guys could actually use in game calls, it might be hard to find a call without the guys saying a name but i am sure you can find something...

it sounds OK but it lacks emotion. It really sounds like lines given to someone to read...

# 43 ZoneKIller @ 05/14/12 09:56 PM
I thought it was about the same as last years just different voices to be honest.Nothing special.It just doesnt blend together.Like the volume of the voices will get louder or something.And when they call a touchdown it sounds like the worst student in Drama class trying to get excited but cant.Just didnt do it for me.I hope the final build is better.But not expecting anything.

# 44 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
By all means give feedback as brutal as you want -- as long as you don't call me names(!)
How complete is the audio here to what we should expect in final product?? There was some noticeable dead space in the video and not many names. Should we expect that in retail version or is this a long ways away from being finished?

# 45 StL_RamZ @ 05/14/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Actually you can. If you hold the A button on the play you want it will select it and you can scroll to the other plays. Only when you release the A button will it call that play, even if you have a new play highlighted. It works the same way in the play call screen. I still agree that the old system was 100x better.
Oh yeah I didn't kno that worked with the audibles I thought just the play calling lol

Whoops my bad lol thanks

# 46 CarryTheWeight @ 05/14/12 10:15 PM
In the few clips we saw, there didn't seem to be much specificity about what was occurring --- more player-specific commentary or situation-specific commentary in big situations (INT, Touchdown) would greatly enhance what's already there.

Also, what I've seen other games do with commentary is stitch two or more lines together to create dynamic and specific situations, e.g. "Touchdown!/Stevie Johnson!...(beat, for crowd noise and/or celebrations)...43 Yards/and a simply spectacular run after the catch!" Transition to the replay. As the replay rolls, have Phil chime in with a specific comment about Johnson's ability or a generic comment about the situation generated by the stitched comment (the run after the catch, in this case).

It's situations like this that will make the experience much better than just a few throwaway lines. More specificity, more emphasis on individuals or the team, more increasing enthusiasm and FLOW. We're far removed from the age of Sports Talk Football. It's time Madden capitalizes on what the sports gaming industry (and even other branches of EA itself) has been working on for over a decade.

# 47 ch46647 @ 05/14/12 10:18 PM
Very underwhelmed with that video. But I am still holding out BIG TIME hope for June 4th/

The only thing that bothers me is how EA releases these underwhelming videos and expects us to be impressed. They have done this for years, I mean are THEY impressed with that particular video? I appreciate getting early videos and I am sure things will come together much better then that. But if I were EA I would ATLEAST have a little 1 minute video prepared where everything comes together perfectly as far as the audio goes. I could barely even hear the crowd and didnt hear any of the new hitting sounds. If they want to hold off on this big gameplay thing that is completely fine. However, atleast make the audio sound the best it can in this short video showing off the audio.

# 48 djordan @ 05/14/12 10:19 PM
Wait a minute?....Is this what they said they were working on when the said last year "We will overhaul the commentary for Madden 13. That's why it isn't up to par in Madden 12". This was my biggest fear and the in-game footage showed it. The commentary sounds so bland and doesn't flow smoothly at all.

Vick play..- "Takes the snap from the shotgun..He'll throw it over the middle.. (Weird bland voice change).. Touchdown.

How about "Vick take the snap from shotgun"?

# 49 Gleebo @ 05/14/12 10:25 PM
Looks like last year and the year before and well you get it. They need to start over...

# 50 huskerwr38 @ 05/14/12 10:28 PM
It was a very small sample size. BUT in that sample size, there was lots of dead air such as on that beginning kick-off with the Cowboys and Eagles and then Nantz said "He'll have a chance to take off." When he downed it.

Then we heard two lines repeated by Simms. I was a bit let down to be honest.

And for everyone who keeps commenting on the gameplay...there is another gameplay blog coming up that is supposed to be of big change so hold tight.

# 51 roadman @ 05/14/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
Looks like last year and the year before and well you get it. They need to start over...
Yeah, ok, Gus and Chris look the same this year and sound the same too.

# 52 WLU Golden Hawk @ 05/14/12 10:31 PM
Different commentators same results

# 53 billylee0000 @ 05/14/12 10:34 PM
I wanna see how different the commentary would be if phil simms and jim nance actually got to commentate over the madden gameplay O.o

# 54 Da-Man @ 05/14/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billylee0000
speaking of gameplay audio....I like the improved commentary though it sounds robotic at times
Did it ever occur to you that maybe just maybe Simms and Nantz are robots in real life?

# 55 scottyo60 @ 05/14/12 10:42 PM
The fact Collinsworth is gone has me interested. I wish I heard louder crowds? But imagine that will get fixed.

# 56 roadman @ 05/14/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLU Golden Hawk
Different commentators same results
Strongly disagree. The commentating last year was the worst. Not even close.

# 57 djordan @ 05/14/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Well, when the change to Chris & Gus happened, most people realized that the actual commentators aren't the problem...it was the scripting & audio engineering/direction...that seems to be the same issue even after all this talk of new & more dynamic audio. Hence, it all seems the same.
Co-sign!......

# 58 Gleebo @ 05/14/12 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, ok, Gus and Chris look the same this year and sound the same too.
May have different voices behind the microphones but this game is not the MLB the Show where they have perfected the game play and graphics for the most part so they can tweak from year to year and its acceptable.
Madden has been horrible for years and to me it looks like the same exact game as previous years. If the game was decent then they could get away with it but if your happy with an upgrade to Chris and Gus over everything else that is wrong with this game year in and year out, plunk down your 59.99 plus tax and enjoy the new commentary and same piss poor gaming experience.

# 59 roadman @ 05/14/12 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Well, when the change to Chris & Gus happened, most people realized that the actual commentators aren't the problem...it was the scripting & audio engineering/direction...that seems to be the same issue even after all this talk of new & more dynamic audio. Hence, it all seems the same.
When is the game released, late August?

Isn't there time to tune things between now and then?

Isn't that when the final verdict should be taken into account?

# 60 roadman @ 05/14/12 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
May have different voices behind the microphones but this game is not the MLB the Show where they have perfected the game play and graphics for the most part so they can tweak from year to year and its acceptable.
Madden has been horrible for years and to me it looks like the same exact game as previous years. If the game was decent then they could get away with it but if your happy with an upgrade to Chris and Gus over everything else that is wrong with this game year in and year out, plunk down your 59.99 plus tax and enjoy the new commentary and same piss poor gaming experience.
Is that what you meant?

This thread is about commentary.

Not taking this off track, but be my guest.

Edit-- Says game play too, so over 20 pass trajectories, no leaping LB and DB's, and yet, it's the same game? Everyone from here has been hollering about pass trajectories and physic LB's and DB's forever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.