Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 poster @ 05/15/12 11:23 AM
What I heard during the gameplay just doesn't sound good enough. It is boring, scripted and lacks the emotion of a real time broadcast.

There has been many a time when they have release a video that makes you shake your head due to how poor it was. Perhaps June 4th has something to do with it, but they seem to think this is really good. Otherwise, it makes no sense to release it.

If names are not said during the announcing of gameplay, that will be awful.

# 142 iamgramps @ 05/15/12 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
You do realize that it was a video about audio and announcing right? They could have pulled that game footage from 2 months ago and put the commentary on it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Exactly, I can only assume that during the early stages of development marketing provides the team with dates info will be released, etc. These blogs and video footage could have been prepared months ago, because the blog content doesn't appear to be rushed or thrown together. This leads me to believe alot of this stuff was prepared long before now.

Plus, I don't think this content was to showcase the final version of the game. It was to show us how the game will sound from the booth and on the field. With more info coming out June 4th, I'm sure there is a limit on what they can show. Regardless, everyone is not going to be happy with the game, and people will complain about something. Me personally, I enjoy Madden and look forward to this years version. If the commentary does not work well, I'll just turn it off.

# 143 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
Where's Hiroshima?
yee of little faith....

# 144 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Aren't we juding what we see NOW though? Maybe I should just speak for myself, but if I were to voice my opinion of the commentary in the vid, it would be just that, my opinion on the commentary in THIS vid.

Now, I do understand folks feeling like this is what we're going to get because little ever changes from even the earliest vids (not counting rosters, blatant glitches, etc). But we're still talking about what we're seeing now. Isn't that why the vid is posted? Aren't we supposed to be discussing what we like & don't like?
True, but deeming an entire component as a failure after hearing less than 1% of what it has to offer is a little premature, no?

# 145 ABR173rd @ 05/15/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's funny when people take the "what we see is what we get" to the extreme. lol

I completely agree that E3 normally follows that trend, with that build being pretty much what we can expect but not this early. Shopmaster tweeted something about there being like 15 builds of the game so, personally, E3 will be more of point of no return, imo.

That said, when I went back and looked at the video, there is indeed a lot "he" references and seemingly no player names. It made me think back to the commentary thread Chase started. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043136672

The commentary in the video was an improvement, imo, and I think in franchise mode, the storylines will seem more specific. I think people judging the overall effect of the commentary on early builds of Play Now games, is premature. To each their own though.

I just don't get this, it's a total franchise killer as it detracts from the individual players themselves and the franchise's storyline. MLB the Show can do it, NBA2k can do it, so why is it so hard for EA to record all of the names in the game. I noticed on the V-Jax TD and on the Int there was no commentary on either player that made a big play. Using "He" is a cop out in 2012. In the NFL they would have mentioned every player that made a play by name and usually coupled that with some information regarding that player.

It's easy to say yes EA is headed in the right direction, and to some extent I can concede that. But overall from what I've witnessed so far EA is still playing catchup and will be for awhile. Hopefully June 4th has the "updated" commentary...

# 146 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/12 11:33 AM
Just got this tweet from Matt Bialosuknia M13 audio director this morning

@mbialosuknia Pregame commentary was great, but crowd and play by play audio was just like Madden 12 to me

Matt Bialosuknia ‏ @mbialosuknia
@jpdavis1982 Not sure when that OS/Pasta Padre mix was captured but it's way out of date. Stay tuned for updates.

# 147 Smoke6 @ 05/15/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
What I heard during the gameplay just doesn't sound good enough. It is boring, scripted and lacks the emotion of a real time broadcast.

There has been many a time when they have release a video that makes you shake your head due to how poor it was. Perhaps June 4th has something to do with it, but they seem to think this is really good. Otherwise, it makes no sense to release it.

If names are not said during the announcing of gameplay, that will be awful.

Reminded me of Joe Montana Sports Talk!

# 148 roadman @ 05/15/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

@mbialosuknia Pregame commentary was great, but crowd and play by play audio was just like Madden 12 to me

@jpdavis1982 Not sure when that OS/Pasta Padre mix was captured but it's way out of date. Stay tuned for updates.
And there you have it.

I said earlier in this thread that I saw those plays in April when the first game play was played.

# 149 Smoke6 @ 05/15/12 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I just don't get this, it's a total franchise killer as it detracts from the individual players themselves and the franchise's storyline. MLB the Show can do it, NBA2k can do it, so why is it so hard for EA to record all of the names in the game. I noticed on the V-Jax TD and on the Int there was no commentary on either player that made a big play. Using "He" is a cop out in 2012. In the NFL they would have mentioned every player that made a play by name and usually coupled that with some information regarding that player.

It's easy to say yes EA is headed in the right direction, and to some extent I can concede that. But overall from what I've witnessed so far EA is still playing catchup and will be for awhile. Hopefully June 4th has the "updated" commentary...
Maybe all this is to actually build up super hype once june 4th rolls around and they show us how they can plug stuff in just like that in so short of time. If not then posting these vids is going to bring out the beasts.

Something big has to happen on june 4th fellas or its just gonna be madden as usual!

# 150 DeuceDouglas @ 05/15/12 11:41 AM
Quote:

Makes sense. It's not like EA is actually hyping this particular video. They didn't upload it to their YouTube like the rest and I haven't seen it anywhere but those two places. Seems more like one of those things that gets sent really early on with a "Don't run until x/x/xxxx" note and by then it's completely out of date, just like pretty much everything we've seen thus far.

# 151 Smoke6 @ 05/15/12 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And there you have it.

I said earlier in this thread that I saw those plays in April when the first game play was played.

And you know what?

This goes against everything EA has ever stated regarding madden right!

"We ran out of time" - After seeing these early vids and impressions and asked if this or that can be changed, these too were supposed early builds!

"Maybe next year" Statements made in early dev cycle of madden every year for the past 8 yrs.

I can go on and on and im sure someone like BIG F can find and post links to all of this. But it baffles me how ALL OF A SUDDEN they can get stuff in this deep into the cycle when they claimed this was never possible before.

So with all that said, this game should frequently stay upto date as far as the missing "tuning" features from last year, stable patches in a timely manner regarding gameplay issues and whatnot.

# 152 SteelerSpartan @ 05/15/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Maybe all this is to actually build up super hype once june 4th rolls around and they show us how they can plug stuff in just like that in so short of time. If not then posting these vids is going to bring out the beasts.

Something big has to happen on june 4th fellas or its just gonna be madden as usual!

^^Im tired of these going off in my head with this series....Ive made my peace with Madden games and get some old school level fun factor with them...but Id like to love the game because its an amazing sports game an not just that its feeding somewhat my love for NFL Football

# 153 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/15/12 11:51 AM
Quote:

Good news then,guess Ill stay tuned for those updates;if your wrong you should be kicked in the

# 154 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/15/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
How about privately they've tuned. We don't know that, do we? We are outsiders looking in. I don't think we are privy to what bugs and what they have tuned or tweaked till going gold outside the forums.

So, what to they do from E3 to it goes gold? Take vacations till it goes gold and then come back for feedback?

On Twitter, I've read where they tuned and squashed bugs up to E3.
My question is what is being done privately that they would not want to share with us? This is just a guess on my part , as many do in here just guess. I would think the things they are working on privately is the patch.

Now with Bugs being worked on. That is a given and has to be done,but that doesn't prove that the game will be solid, just less messed up.

It's cool I was hyped a few days ago , but after seeing this video and hearing the commentary I was turned off. I will chill out, and just wait to see what happens, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't need 82 hours of commentary to hear the failure. But I do need more than a handful of lines on probably pre-alpha video. It would be like saying the entire pass trajectory system they implemented was a failure based on one screen pass.

And if video's we see in May and June are what we're going to see in August then I guess this is the first year you'll be able to be sacked on 1st and 20 and have it be 1st and 24 (1:30). Crowd noise will also be virtually non-existent and no teams or players will ever be mentioned. They did just update the scoreboard as well so I guess this will be the first year that what we see in May is in fact different than what we get in August.

We've never seen EA deliberately show as little gameplay as possible like they have this year. There wasn't even a point to having the Audio Playbook yesterday because the only new thing we got was the Madden Theme. June 4th is when the cat's out of the bag.
Nothing wrong with you and I feeling differently about this video, or how differently we want to view it.

I agree June 4th is the day when the cat comes out the bag.

# 155 BezO @ 05/15/12 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
True, but deeming an entire component as a failure after hearing less than 1% of what it has to offer is a little premature, no?
Short answer, yes. But I think 2 things are going on...

1 - Folks are judging what they see today. Nothing wrong with that as that's what the vid is for.
2 - Folks, based on past experiecne, are then responding to others saying it's only a WIP. Nothing wrong with that either.

Sure, this could be the year Madden shows us one thing & releases a better version later. We're all hoping for this.

# 156 BezO @ 05/15/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
C'mon Bezo, we are discussing a commentary build in May and now through that tweet we know it's old, whatever that means. My point is I will discuss it in context, not as if this is a sign of the "fail" or "success" that is to come.
I agree, we can only discuss it in context. But you can't blame folks for taking the next step given Madden's past. It wouldn't be the first time we saw a vid this early only to see the same in the final release.

Quote:
If I was remodeling a home you were thinking about buying and I showed you a video walk through 9 months into a 12 month project, we would discuss it in that context.
Unless you had a history like Madden's where not much changes in the last few months.

# 157 djordan @ 05/15/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Unless you had a history like Madden's where not much changes in the last few months.
Exactly! If I saw the contractor's work beforehand no way would I believe anything will change between the 9-12 month mark.

# 158 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/15/12 12:32 PM
Quote:
I see I used a poor analogy. lol

Anyway, I think people should wait til at least E3.

Funny things is, even if June 4th is BIG and the game looks much improved at E3, some people, including myself will still say, can't be sure til August. However, if E3 is underwhelming, those same people, including me, will think August will be more of the same. lol

That's the just the way things are, it is what is.
Me personally E3 is all I need.

I think I also need to make clear that commentary will not be a deciding factor for me. What will be is the execution of the game. I' am not a fan of the animations this engine produces , but if the gameplay is executed good. Than that is good enough for me.

# 159 djordan @ 05/15/12 12:34 PM
Quote:

Funny things is, even if June 4th is BIG and the game looks much improved at E3, some people, including myself will still say, can't be sure til August. However, if E3 is underwhelming, those same people, including me, will think August will be more of the same. lol

LOL yeah you did.I disagree with your statment though. If the commentary makes a 180 turn along with the implementation of real time physics in regards to tackling, and smoother animations (running) at E3 I won't complain.

# 160 ABR173rd @ 05/15/12 12:35 PM
Quote:

Pretty much where I'm at. I don't expect much from EA at this point and I don't feel like they've built up enough trust to warrant giving them the benefit of the doubt. June 4th seems to be the target indicator here, and I can't wait to jump on this forum after the playbooks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.