Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Cane305 @ 05/17/12 10:49 PM
Anyone know on estimated demo release?

# 142 austezie @ 05/17/12 10:52 PM
Why In Gods name was there so much DEAD AIR??? I really want to pull for this game but, It just doesn't seem like they have made alot of breakthrough with this years game in regards to features. It def seems like NCAA 12.5 smh

# 143 HarkTheSound @ 05/17/12 11:11 PM
LOL. I haven't looked to see if it's been addressed in the other 16 pages, but on the very first throw of the game (around the 24 second mark) you can literally hear the sound of the ball swooshing through the air!

Woooooow! That's almost as bad as that cannon going off after the bomb catches on the old Maddens this gen...I'm bitterly disappointed right now.

# 144 illwill10 @ 05/17/12 11:13 PM
Even though the vid was disappointing(mainly dead air), the improvements to dynasty still have me excited for NCAA

# 145 Scrapps @ 05/17/12 11:14 PM
Really? That was NCAA 13'? I wouldn't have known the difference. Looks identical to 12'. If that was an attempt to "show things off", I can't even begin to imagine what they might be hiding. Yikes.

# 146 PowerofRed25 @ 05/17/12 11:19 PM
Man why is the pass D not getting more attention. ALL the defensive plays against the pass were terrible.

- Play 1 (Pass play 1, Drive): Defense is in what appears to be a Quarters Zone, but the defender that has the 2nd quarter from right took himself out of the play because he had his back to the offense the whole play.

- Play 3 (Pass play 2, Curl Flats): I don't even know what this defense is. The DB's are in a Cover 2 Zone, but the middle linebacker (who ended up defending the play) dropped almost into a deep 3rd. I'd say this was a sign of a Tampa 2 style defense, but the right hook zone completely abandoned his position (at one point two defenders were within a step of each other).

- Play 4 (Pass play 3, Slip Screen): The defense is in Cover 2 zone but absolutely no one reacted to the slip screen, which is odd considering the supposed read/react improvement. There were 4 defenders completely out of the play and covering grass.

- Play 6 (Pass play 4, Drive w/automotion): The defense is in Cover 2 ZONE, but look at BOTH OUTSIDE CORNERBACKS. The one on the LEFT runs with the automotion drive WR halfway across the field before running almost directly to the rear pylon. What the?! The one on the RIGHT ran all the way from the numbers to the hashmarks only to stop and cover... something... AND THEN, when the pass was released, he sprinted further to the middle of the field.

- Play 7 (Pass play 5, Gun Smash TOUCHDOWN): This is laughable defense. I can't even figure out what play the defense called. It LOOKS like Cover 3 Zone, but where in the world were some of the defenders going?! The right deep third defender completely left his zone, running with a WR when he should have passed him off and got caught out of position in exactly the spot he should have been for the TD (he also didn't even attempt to react to the pass). The middle deep 1/3 safety did the same thing, bailed to his right (plays left). It's almost as if a user was controlling the D and used the triangle button to shade the D to that side.

A few of the hook zone defenders weren't even in the play. Look at how the short hook defender lined on the slot WR on the right is. He jams the slot WR, then his animation glitches out and he's out of the play until the ball goes sailing over his head (hey, at least he didn't slap it away 10 yards from the play). The two middle hook zone defenders completely left the middle of the field. The underneath was wide open the whole play. They were covering nothing but grass.

----------------------------------------

For a company that is well known for cherry picking the very best of preview videos, that video was truly awful. You could have labeled it NCAA (Insert any old year here) and I wouldn't have known otherwise. It didn't showcase any new features, I didn't see any sort of new throwing motions or throw trajectory. The defense may have been reading but they sure weren't reacting to anything. That was just awful.

# 147 WizKhid @ 05/17/12 11:19 PM
Well I for one am still looking forward to the game even after the video Lol.

As long as the game doesn't come out with the same bugs that '12 came with. I will be happy but beside that I'm really looking forward to dynasty mode and the things I will do

# 148 weeeeeeez @ 05/17/12 11:20 PM
How can they not understand the college atmosphere ? Unbelievable.

# 149 arobbi3 @ 05/17/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by austezie
Why In Gods name was there so much DEAD AIR??? I really want to pull for this game but, It just doesn't seem like they have made alot of breakthrough with this years game in regards to features. It def seems like NCAA 12.5 smh

Herbstreit speaks two lines in the video. This is definitely not the finished commentary. I can't imagine it being any better than 12, but it can't be this quiet in the finished product.

# 150 BA2929 @ 05/17/12 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane305
Anyone know on estimated demo release?
Usually it's a week prior to the release date.

And to everyone complaining about commentary:

Any chance they just don't have the commentary 100% for this video? I mean, there are two months until release. I highly doubt this is going to be the finished commentary product. Sounds like a demo to me.

# 151 CHIEFxxROCKEM @ 05/17/12 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Usually it's a week prior to the release date.

And to everyone complaining about commentary:

Any chance they just don't have the commentary 100% for this video? I mean, there are two months until release. I highly doubt this is going to be the finished commentary product. Sounds like a demo to me.
Demos don't have commentary

# 152 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/17/12 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Man why is the pass D not getting more attention. ALL the defensive plays against the pass were terrible.

- Play 1 (Pass play 1, Drive): Defense is in what appears to be a Quarters Zone, but the defender that has the 2nd quarter from right took himself out of the play because he had his back to the offense the whole play.

- Play 3 (Pass play 2, Curl Flats): I don't even know what this defense is. The DB's are in a Cover 2 Zone, but the middle linebacker (who ended up defending the play) dropped almost into a deep 3rd. I'd say this was a sign of a Tampa 2 style defense, but the right hook zone completely abandoned his position (at one point two defenders were within a step of each other).

- Play 4 (Pass play 3, Slip Screen): The defense is in Cover 2 zone but absolutely no one reacted to the slip screen, which is odd considering the supposed read/react improvement. There were 4 defenders completely out of the play and covering grass.

- Play 6 (Pass play 4, Drive w/automotion): The defense is in Cover 2 ZONE, but look at BOTH OUTSIDE CORNERBACKS. The one on the LEFT runs with the automotion drive WR halfway across the field before running almost directly to the rear pylon. What the?! The one on the RIGHT ran all the way from the numbers to the hashmarks only to stop and cover... something... AND THEN, when the pass was released, he sprinted further to the middle of the field.

- Play 7 (Pass play 5, Gun Smash TOUCHDOWN): This is laughable defense. I can't even figure out what play the defense called. It LOOKS like Cover 3 Zone, but where in the world were some of the defenders going?! The right deep third defender completely left his zone, running with a WR when he should have passed him off and got caught out of position in exactly the spot he should have been for the TD (he also didn't even attempt to react to the pass). The middle deep 1/3 safety did the same thing, bailed to his right (plays left). It's almost as if a user was controlling the D and used the triangle button to shade the D to that side.

A few of the hook zone defenders weren't even in the play. Look at how the short hook defender lined on the slot WR on the right is. He jams the slot WR, then his animation glitches out and he's out of the play until the ball goes sailing over his head (hey, at least he didn't slap it away 10 yards from the play). The two middle hook zone defenders completely left the middle of the field. The underneath was wide open the whole play. They were covering nothing but grass.

----------------------------------------

For a company that is well known for cherry picking the very best of preview videos, that video was truly awful. You could have labeled it NCAA (Insert any old year here) and I wouldn't have known otherwise. It didn't showcase any new features, I didn't see any sort of new throwing motions or throw trajectory. The defense may have been reading but they sure weren't reacting to anything. That was just awful.
I think the gameplay was set on Varsity. That would explain a lot of the D lapses on those plays.

# 153 sportzbro @ 05/17/12 11:35 PM
Ehhh, definitely rethinking my pre-order.

# 154 TheTruth437 @ 05/17/12 11:41 PM
As of now, I'm not planning on buying NCAA Football 13.

# 155 bigsmallwood @ 05/17/12 11:49 PM
Too much dead space in the commentary. I'm struggling to see the gameplay related changes. I'll wait for the demo, but right now it leaves much to be desired.

# 156 LionsFanNJ @ 05/17/12 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I think the gameplay was set on Varsity. That would explain a lot of the D lapses on those plays.
I don't know if thats the case, because on varsity along with being able to pass like mad, you also end up being able to run through some gaping holes. The running game didn't show that, AND he was running out the type of game that really works in the past iterations, SB/I-Form.

I just really want to get my hands on the demo at least, since i never got season pass. Maybe some things will show better than what was in this weak video. But damn thats disappointing.

# 157 sportzbro @ 05/17/12 11:52 PM
The lack of excitement, the same tired commentary, dead air, goofy player movement, and old equipment that were just shown have pretty much halted any momentum they had going. All of that out-weighs the minor dynasty updates and passing improvements.

Yep, definitely canceling the pre-order and putting it towards Live 13 or Fifa 13 after watching that.

What a disappointment. I just don't think the PS3/360 era of NCAA got off one the right foot, and it wont ever be great on this gen of consoles. The thought of that sucks, but that is the reality of this series...

# 158 Cane305 @ 05/17/12 11:55 PM
Makes u wonder if they are putting these videos out to see what people notice and hopefully fix them before release!!! Or maybe that's wishful thinking...

# 159 mm boost @ 05/18/12 12:03 AM
IDk to me it looks like they don't have everything included for the final build. It doesn't appear that they have their new lighting model implemented yet, but maybe that's just me. Regardless, I can't wait to get this game and get madden. Both will be awesome!

# 160 mtoo22 @ 05/18/12 12:12 AM
Why can't anyone ever say this is 12 with 13 graphics or 13 with 12 graphics. Were always guessing. I just have a bad feeling about all of this. I want to be positive but this just has a bad vibe to it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.