Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

*UPDATE - The audio in this clip is generic football SFX used for video only not in game audio.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BezO @ 05/22/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's not about only being positive or sugar coating something. It's a video of a guy salsa dancing. To sit here and take a video of a touchdown celebration and then start comparing it to actual gameplay is ridiculous.
Maybe, but are we here to talk about the vid or to insult other OS members opinions?

Quote:
The "he looks stiff" comments are well warranted and I would agree. But to say that this is the reason why gameplay sucks or that being happy with this is settling for sub-par gameplay doesn't have anything to do with the video.
Indirectly, it could be why gameplay sucks. This had to be mo capped, along with any other celebrations added. That's time that could've gone towards mo capping desparately needed gameplay animations.

Also, IMO, it shows EA's tendency to half a**. Why waste time animating the celebration if they're not going to do it right? And TD scorers don't celebrate by themselves. Every TD I see, the scorer is celebrating and in order to not draw a penalty, his teammates are waiting for him to finish so they can congratulate him. If they're going to do it, do it right.

Quote:
As for the video, yeah, it looks a little stiff. But as a Chiefs fan, I'm only going to see this maybe one or two times in my entire time of playing Madden so it's fine to me. Could it look better? Of course, everything could. But I'm not going to sound off about how "it looks bad so the game must be terrible". I'm taking it for what it is, a video of a touchdown celebration and nothing more.
What makes you think the Chief celebrations or any of your other opponent's celebrations will be done better?

Any way, my real point is that these vids are posted for us to comment on. We all come here to talk about the game. Once you turn your attention to OS members, posting opinions about them, you're stepping over the line. If celebrations make or brake the game for someone, it's not up to other OS members to judge them. If someone feels poor celebrations indicate how other parts of the game will be, again, not for OS members to judge them. IMO, if you're not talking about the game, what you have to say probably shouldn't be said.

# 62 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 03:01 PM
Obviously in the first clip there is no emotion from anybody whatsoever but in the second clip there is two guys celebrating in the background albeit pretty far away from Cruz.

# 63 Goofybub23 @ 05/22/12 03:06 PM
Haha love this dance! I know it takes time away from bigger problems to put these things in but they are still fun! Will probably be trading for Cruz just so I can see it everytime

# 64 huskerwr38 @ 05/22/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Antonio Brown's dance has got to make it. But Ahmad Bradshaw's spike > Gronks lol I'm not a fan o either team really but I'd love to see Bradshaw run into the endzone and immediately jump doing a 180 and spiking that football.

I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any player spike the football in Madden. Is there a way to do that?

# 65 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any player spike the football in Madden. Is there a way to do that?
I feel like we have but it's always look a little wonky because of the way the ball would bounce. I don't recall seeing any last year but I could be wrong. I know in the Presentation & Gameplay Playbook trailer they showed at the very end the "Gronk Spike". Hopefully there will be some variations of spikes in there like maybe the John Taylor jump and between the legs spike from the Super Bowl.

# 66 huskerwr38 @ 05/22/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
I think this is the reason people aren't excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNea4eBjrY

We've been here before... in fact, that dance does kind of look like they did it in '09 -- wasn't OchoCinco on that dance already?

Are all of those celebrations still in the game?

# 67 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Are all of those celebrations still in the game?
Definitely not all of them, just because a lot of them are illegal now. Also, that was something they hyped for Madden 09 was the user-controlled celebrations where when you scored, you ran to the box and hit a button to do a celebration. Jumping into the crowd was my favorite.

# 68 huskerwr38 @ 05/22/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Wow, thats a good question. But they do have some spikes but I had to actually youtube em.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNea4eBjrY

i didn't realize this was the same clip some else posted. but I'lll keep it here too I guess.

Is there a way to trigger a player to do a regular ol' spike a football I guess is what I'm asking. Nothing else tied to it.

# 69 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/22/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Only at OS can an 11 second video be dissected like its a dead frog in a high school class.

The point of the video is to show you the dance, not how the players behind them move. It's probably an early build of the game (as the dev stated earlier in this thread) so there's still a chance whatever is wrong ets fixed.

Quote:
This is my thought on this thread. It's an eleven second clip of a guy salsa dancing and we've seen comparisons of gameplay between Tecmo Super Bowl and Madden. The conclusion of being satisfied with subpar gameplay based on being satisfied with an eleven second clip of salsa dancing.

I mean, seriously. If this is what happens when they give us a video this short of a guy dancing, I don't even know if I want to see what happens June 4th.
Guys let's be honest here. We only need 11 seconds of a video to determine if we like the animation or not. This is why it was posted up, for us to judge. EA felt fine with 11 seconds being long enough , so what is the problem?

I personally don't need 11 minutes or hours of one Victor Cruz animation salsa dance to properly judge it. 11 seconds is more than enough. In the video it was not accurate.

I'm sure EA is fine with the criticism, and if they did not get the truth then they will never be able to reach star status, and only have to hear how the others do it so much better.

Now that I'm sure they are tired of hearing.

# 70 jpdavis82 @ 05/22/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Guys let's be honest here. We only need 11 seconds of a video to determine if we like the animation or not. This is why it was posted up, for us to judge. EA felt fine with 11 seconds being long enough , so what is the problem?

I personally don't need 11 minutes or hours of one Victor Cruz animation salsa dance to properly judge it. 11 seconds is more than enough. In the video it was not accurate.

I'm sure EA is fine with the criticism, and if they did not get the truth then they will never be able to reach star status, and only have to hear how the others do it so much better.

Just an idea, call me crazy, but what if they put the video out there for people to judge so they could tweak it for the final version?

# 71 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just an idea, call me crazy, but what if they put the video out there for people to judge so they could tweak it for the final version?
Preposterous!

All kidding aside though, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly why it was done. With as quickly as the scoreboard changed after garnering feedback, nothing would shock me at this point. With these short videos like this, I don't really get the feeling that they're released for hype. Obviously, they are on some level otherwise why release it? But it seems more like a 'here's what we've got, this is it in the game, what do you think?' type thing.

Obviously, I could be wrong and we could get Mr. Roboto de Salsa come August.

# 72 roadman @ 05/22/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
Can't their QA testers do the same?

# 73 djordan @ 05/22/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Are you serious? lol. We could we possibly tell the devs in the 11 second clip they already don't know? I mean really... What we told them they can find out by looking up at youtube clip of the real V.Cruz Salsa dance.

# 74 jpdavis82 @ 05/22/12 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Are you serious? lol. We could we possibly tell the devs in the 11 second clip they already don't know? I mean really... What we told them they can find out by looking up at youtube clip of the real V.Cruz Salsa dance.
Obviously not, see original Madden 13 scoreboard

# 75 djordan @ 05/22/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Obviously not, see original Madden 13 scoreboard
WE cannot edit in game celebrations...

# 76 Pezell04x @ 05/22/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

I'm ok with people saying the dance is terrible, it's the other stuff that's annoying.

"Oh, look at the players sliding"

"Oh, look at how they walk back to the sideline/huddle"

Stuff like that on a WIP piece of footage is weak. It's the same with the Simms/Nantz thread. There's no way that what they showed in that video is a final version that will be in M13. I highly doubt Nantz won't name guys like Vick or Rivers, but the thread is an absolute slamming of EA.

I'm all for giving criticism to the company. I've had many issues with how EA has handled the NHL series (especially EASHL) but I think that the stuff that goes on here is a little ridiculous.

# 77 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/22/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
I'm ok with people saying the dance is terrible, it's the other stuff that's annoying.

"Oh, look at the players sliding"

"Oh, look at how they walk back to the sideline/huddle"

Stuff like that on a WIP piece of footage is weak. It's the same with the Simms/Nantz thread. There's no way that what they showed in that video is a final version that will be in M13. I highly doubt Nantz won't name guys like Vick or Rivers, but the thread is an absolute slamming of EA.

I'm all for giving criticism to the company. I've had many issues with how EA has handled the NHL series (especially EASHL) but I think that the stuff that goes on here is a little ridiculous.
Yes I agree somethings can be out of line, and delivered in the wrong way. I will say we have some very observant people in here, but at the sametime we do need to focus on the words WIP.

We should just focus on the dance, as that was the reason the video was posted, but to think about it. They judge other things in the clip also because they have seen those same actions in the previous version, so they react to it in hopes it gets corrected.

Anyway I feel because of this thread we will get a better V.Cruz salsa dance

Lets keep an eye out on this.

# 78 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 04:31 PM
I get the feeling that June 4th is without a doubt going to be monumental and there isn't going to be much middle ground. It's going to either be a monumental failure or a monumental success for people. Definitely going to be interesting.

# 79 BezO @ 05/22/12 04:31 PM
Quote:
...but I think that the stuff that goes on here is a little ridiculous.
Is it better to insult folks though? Why not just disagree or ignore the post?

Everyone's opinion is ridiculous to someone.

# 80 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/22/12 04:31 PM
Quote:
Sounds good to me. I would be happy if they sped it up a little. The arms can come a little closer to the body also, but sped up would be fine if that is all they can do at this time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.