Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 13 screenshot featuring Tim Tebow, well... Tebowing after a fake punt.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KANE699 @ 05/23/12 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Actually I believe it is against NFL rules for a player to remove their helmet on the field during the game. Even after a play.
This is correct, hence why you only see him tebowing with the helmet off is on the sideline or post game.

# 22 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
This is correct, hence why you only see him tebowing with the helmet off is on the sideline or post game.
If they added 200+ new cut scenes they should have made one with him Tebowing on the sidelines with his helmet off, they could show it pre or post game, he does it both times.

# 23 berad88 @ 05/23/12 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If they added 200+ new cut scenes they should have made one with him Tebowing on the sidelines with his helmet off, they could show it pre or post game, he does it both times.
They should do the arm flex when he runs one in for a touchdown and then after they extra point maybe show a cut scene of him tebowing on the sideline with helmet off.

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Does anybody else see the irony of something so NFL authentic that was supposedly not being touted by EA but just took off on its' own, is not even represented accurately in Madden 13, at this point?

No way EA thinks gamers would be looking for Tebowing from the sideline or outside of game play which would be authentic, so it's made a TD celebration but still touted as NFL authenticity.

Where is the attention to detail? Boy, EA marketing is excellent because they actually had me just presuming Tebowing was Tebow's actually TD celebration, when it is nothing of the sort. Sad thing is I actual watch NFL football but pay no attention to what player's do off the field of play, most of the time. There are many Madden gamers that garner most of their NFL knowledge base from Madden, so what is done in Madden, they automatically presume it's NFL authentic.

The Emperor has been caught wearing butt naked, yet again. lol
Tebowing is a phenomenon like Planking, you knew what it was, don't lie.

# 25 juggalotusx @ 05/23/12 02:01 PM
Its sad they have time to create this with tebow instead of working on more important things.

# 26 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
Its sad they have time to create this with tebow instead of working on more important things.
How many times does this really have to be posted in every screenshot thread?

# 27 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
How many times does this really have to be posted in every screenshot thread?
Thumbs up x 1 million. Clueless people making clueless comments about the developers of Madden.

# 28 RGiles36 @ 05/23/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Does anybody else see the irony of something so NFL authentic that was supposedly not being touted by EA but just took off on its' own, is not even represented accurately in Madden 13, at this point?
Irony? Honestly, I probably don't care enough to recognize any irony. I'm down with the NFL authenticity crusade as you know, but I could really care less when and where Tim Tebow "Tebows".

# 29 Hiro1 @ 05/23/12 02:08 PM
Yea count me in as rather seeing his other arm flexing instead.

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:12 PM
The Mile High Salute is also in Madden 13 but no one's talking about that.

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
I think you maybe misunderstanding me. I haven't been touting the authenticity of Tebowing, Salsa dancing or anything else, EA has. So if they are going to tout somethings as an example of how committed to NFL authenticity Madden is, then they deserved to be called on it, if it is not.

Like many have stated, player's have been kneeling after TDs long before Tebow probably ever played football so that is not Tebowing, in relation to NFL football.
Google Planking lol

# 32 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/12 02:16 PM
Quote:
Like many have stated, player's have been kneeling after TDs long before Tebow probably ever played football so that is not Tebowing, in relation to NFL football.
You can thank the media for that. I think Tebow-ing would be a more appropriate name for when a guy spikes a screen pass five yards short of his receiver or throws a wounded duck pass down the middle of the field. But that's just me.

# 33 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:19 PM
Quote:
You can thank the media for that. I think Tebow-ing would be a more appropriate name for when a guy spikes a screen pass five yards short of his receiver or throws a wounded duck pass down the middle of the field. But that's just me.
Miami, Oakland, Chicago, Kansas City, New York, and Pittsburgh would probably disagree

# 34 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Miami, Oakland, Chicago, Kansas City, New York, and Pittsburgh would probably disagree
Maybe Pittsburgh. But just because the Broncos won the game doesn't mean he didn't play like hot garbarge in those games.

# 35 Danimal @ 05/23/12 02:24 PM
Quote:
Maybe Pittsburgh. But just because the Broncos won the game doesn't mean he didn't play like hot garbarge in those games.
Yeah I'm pretty sure their kicker and Marion Barber beat Chicago but revisionist history is just part of the Tebow lore.

# 36 BezO @ 05/23/12 02:30 PM
BFD, I too find it ironic that they imply its lack of authenticity 2 paragraphs after saying Tebowing is in because, "...our job is to get everyone’s favorite player and team as authentic as possible".

# 37 m1ke_nyc @ 05/23/12 02:31 PM
He only Tebows on the sideline, and in the endzone pre game and post game. His TD celebration was posted, its some type of arm flex.

# 38 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/12 02:35 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here. We don't really know if he just scored. This could be part of the Jets new Tebow punt package. It's kind of like that barking dog play in basketball.

In all seriousness though, if it's in the game and more than just Tebow does it than they only really kind of flubbed on Tebow. I say kind of because it's not that big of a deal to me if he Tebow's or flexes when he scores because I could honestly see him doing either.

# 39 DaveDQ @ 05/23/12 02:37 PM
I love how this was called out within, what? One page on this topic? Not even.

Kind of funny. So does EA keep it? That's the question. Especially if it has now been recognized that that type of endzone celebration is not accepted by the NFL.

# 40 frankwyte81 @ 05/23/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
They goofed up, it should only be used as a pregame animation. He doesn't do it after touchdowns and as far as I know, he technically can't Tebow in that situation anyway because the rules don't allow players to go to a knee. But either way, it's not a TD celebration.
So true. He would get flagged for going to the knee. I'm already getting tired of this Tebow stuff. EA, if you're going to added second string qb celebrations, at least, do it right, lol. Authenticity!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.