Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 13 screenshot featuring Tim Tebow, well... Tebowing after a fake punt.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BezO @ 05/23/12 02:47 PM
Nah, you can go to a knee, at least to pray. They don't count that as going to the ground. Players do it all the time. Tebow saves his for the sideline, maybe because he wants to remove his helmet while doing it.

# 42 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
So true. He would get flagged for going to the knee. I'm already getting tired of this Tebow stuff. EA, if you're going to added second string qb celebrations, at least, do it right, lol. Authenticity!!!
Actually, I don't think he would. I think that's the one exception as far as going to the ground. I remember Greg Jennings did it in the endzone during the Super Bowl after he caught a touchdown. Could be wrong though.

# 43 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Actually, I don't think he would. I think that's the one exception as far as going to the ground. I remember Greg Jennings did it in the endzone during the Super Bowl after he caught a touchdown. Could be wrong though.
Yeah it's legal

# 44 RGiles36 @ 05/23/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I love how this was called out within, what? One page on this topic? Not even.

Kind of funny. So does EA keep it? That's the question. Especially if it has now been recognized that that type of endzone celebration is not accepted by the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
So true. He would get flagged for going to the knee. I'm already getting tired of this Tebow stuff. EA, if you're going to added second string qb celebrations, at least, do it right, lol. Authenticity!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Nah, you can go to a knee, at least to pray. They don't count that as going to the ground. Players do it all the time. Tebow saves his for the sideline, maybe because he wants to remove his helmet while doing it.
Bez has it right....praying is the only exception for going to a knee during a NFL TD celebration.

# 45 djordan @ 05/23/12 03:07 PM
good Ol EA messing up the small details...

I don't understand how one person here can point out a mistake but EA doesn't see the same mistake. Boggles my mind. Really!

You don't see Lebron James doing his powder hand clap at the 3point line before the game in NBA 2K12 do you? lol

# 46 MiNiDiTkA @ 05/23/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Yeah I'm pretty sure their kicker and Marion Barber beat Chicago but revisionist history is just part of the Tebow lore.
Now I'm having flashbacks of that nightmare. Still cant believe the Bears blew that game

# 47 aholbert32 @ 05/23/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
good Ol EA messing up the small details...

I don't understand how one person here can point out a mistake but EA doesn't see the same mistake. Boggles my mind. Really!

You don't see Lebron James doing his powder hand clap at the 3point line before the game in NBA 2K12 do you? lol
They actually got it right. You can go to a knee when praying.

# 48 jp7588 @ 05/23/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Miami, Oakland, Chicago, Kansas City, New York, and Pittsburgh would probably disagree
Lol.

Tebow's stats against those teams: 71-159 (44% comp. rate... No other starter had below 50% for the season), 1070 yards (153 YPG. Only better than gabbert and his own YPG when including all his games), 8-2 TD-INT (the only thing he did well, avoid picks)... Pretty awful.

Weeks 15-17 (win ONE and you're guaranteed a playoff spot and a winning record) : 30-73 (41%), 439 yards (146 YPG), and 1-4 TD-INT.

I know Tebow's credentials weren't necessarily the point of this thread... But as a staunch Tebow "h*ter" (AKA: sane person who has seen him play) I felt compelled to respond. The dude is not worthy of a starting job in the NFL. And even less worthy of pretty much all the praise he received last year.

FFFF "Tebowing"

Sent from my phone using this thing

# 49 Senator Palmer @ 05/23/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Look at Tebow's arms in the above images.

Damn, he looks like every other player in the game in Madden lol
I think the biceps don't look too bad, but the forearms are a tad too skinny, especially the wrists, which completely throws the imagery off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I like that the jersey looks dirty.
I hope it's not dirt. The Jets play on field turf.

There should be nothing on that jersey but those little black pellets.

# 50 SteelerSpartan @ 05/23/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Miami, Oakland, Chicago, Kansas City, New York, and Pittsburgh would probably disagree

Man we had a whole host of injuries in that game

Our best Run stuffers(Brett Keisel,Casey Hampton) suffered early season ending injuries

When we lost those guys we had to overcompensate toward the run....

Not a good thing when Ryan Clark(Qb of our Secondary,He lets Troy be Troy) was gone too

Then Woodley wasn't out there much and when he was he was hobbling around because he tried to play on a pulled Hamstring that had kept him out the 2nd half of the season......So There goes most of the pass rush

Our O with key injuries as well didn't help them out much either.....

Oh and Yeah one of our most beloved Assistant Coaches missed because he nearly burned to death a few days before an was lying in a hospital fighting for his life

Still I've never had a problem really with Tebow(Recently the Tebow Legend Telling has gotten a little ridiculous) and he did play well in that game....

But he didn't torch the 70s Steel Curtain..as some would now have you believe

# 51 PVarck31 @ 05/23/12 03:43 PM
Guys, keep it about the screenshot please.

# 52 carvis#15 @ 05/23/12 03:48 PM
The funny thing is that no one ever Tebows when they do this. They are praying.

# 53 djordan @ 05/23/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They actually got it right. You can go to a knee when praying.
In regards to Tebow.

# 54 mrprice33 @ 05/23/12 04:15 PM
7 pages on Tebowing...

Can E3 please hurry up and get here?

# 55 Bmore @ 05/23/12 04:17 PM
Good to see that EA/Madden are tackling the important things for 13.

# 56 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 04:46 PM
I'll admit I haven't played a TON of Madden 12, but I do find it ironic that this happened against me today. I was playing in Franchise Mode (Fantasy draft) against the Rams and Frank Gore scored on a long run. I have a old phone so quality isn't the best, but wanted to share it.

Also, going back to what we were talking about with the Salsa celebration yesterday and Cruz being by himself, after Gore got up two of his teammates came up to him and celebrated with him. So maybe that's what will happen in 13 after the salsa dance, teammates will come celebrate afterwards.

# 57 FinnZzgo @ 05/23/12 04:51 PM
why does his helmet looks so small?, and his arm looks too long with tiny hands.

# 58 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/12 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
According to the pictures posted, Tebow has his right knee down and his right hand up. In EA's screenshot, his right knee is down with his left arm up. And if EA wants to tout authenticity, then they would only have him do this pre/post game or on the sideline. You can't brag about having NFL authenticity, then show us multiple player celebrations that aren't accurate.

Besides, I'd rather see the arm pump anyways. Look at the emotion Tebow shows. It would be a breath of fresh air to see players get that pumped up in Madden.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I agree about the flex celebration and him showing that emotion in Madden. As far as Tebowing goes, he uses both arms.

# 59 berad88 @ 05/23/12 05:37 PM
A lot of people have said that Tebow only does the Tebowing thing pre game. As a Bronco fan I can say that is incorrect. I have seen him Tebowing many times on the sideline during a game. The thing is it is not a celebration at all. He is actually praying.

# 60 KBLover @ 05/23/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Can anyone Tebow or is this celebration only for him? Like when he gets sacked can I have my DE Tebow?
Man, that would cruel to sack Tebow and then your DE does his celebration

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.