Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 berad88 @ 05/27/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Its possible that these quick clips have been planned for weeks. That's why they are a WIP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I am sure they were planned way ahead of time because they plan out what info they want to give and when they want to announce it. Technically anything is a WIP no matter what they show us and when they show us since the game is still being worked on.

# 162 Playmakers @ 05/27/12 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERNELLWOODARD
EA IS GARBAGE
LOL!

You just joined the site just to make this brilliant post...............

I may be critical of their games at times myself. But come on atleast provide a logical reason for your distaste of the game.

Otherwise i'm going to just assume your EA H A T E R

# 163 KG @ 05/27/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
no one is trying to talk anyone out of buying the game...thats not my concern...

this old build argument is non sense, this is the third year i have been hearing this " work in progress" "early build" stuff..the game is always the same when released...

who markets a product and believe they will be buying a completely different product, so you are saying i wont be buying what i am seeing, so why are you showing it...

my beef is with the AI, if ea had better AI they would show it, dont tell me that they have better AI but in this early build they are marketing they choose to show crap.....

its never personal its just a critique of the product when you have a bad record you dont get alot of slack...
Yessir!

If the AI was on point they'd be shoving it down our throats (not necessarily a bad thing either). I tend to believe that EA shows us what they think are improvements in their game (either new features or fixes to the previous years game).

# 164 cparrish @ 05/27/12 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
After watching again. I think they need to just slow the animations down a little. The animations look good, but they aren't "blended" together as nicely as they could be. The DB back peddles then quickly turns to run with the WR. There is nothing wrong with it, it looks correct and there is no sliding or anything, but he should be a little slower in that transition. He goes from back peddling to full sprint instantly. There just needs to be that slower transition to get to that sprint. I want to see players try and gain speed.
They slow down when you play the game on "slow" or "very slow" speed, which is one of the main reasons I play on those speeds.

# 165 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/27/12 08:20 PM
That has always been their problem though. Some of there animations happen too fast and others happen too slow.

Their change of direction, acceleration and tackle animations happen too fast. But their hand off, spin, stiff arm and lowering the shoulder animation happen too slow. I have lost count how many times I seen the ball carrier attempt a spin move but it comes out so slow that he get tackled in mid spin right in the back.

And even though they said suction on tackle don't exist, it is still there as well. In my last game I played, ran right pass this defensive tackle that was being blocked and he suddenly did a 180 and WARPED 3 yard up and 2 yards over to the right to tackle me from behind UP HIGH around the shoulder pads.

That is another thing that irks me, too many tackles from behind up high around the shoulder pads when in reality they aren't in arms reach to make that type of tackle but some how it plays out anyway. What baffles me the most is that they warp into position to do it.

It is like if I am 3 yards in front of you, the only way you should be able to tackle me is to dive and swipe at my feet or dive and reach for my back. But for you to be running up right and warp into me from behind, no, I'm not cool with that.

If they can remove all the warping into position and all the suction from the game, the game would be much improved.

# 166 Playmakers @ 05/28/12 12:05 AM
Quote:
no one is trying to talk anyone out of buying the game...thats not my concern...

this old build argument is non sense, this is the third year i have been hearing this " work in progress" "early build" stuff..the game is always the same when released...

who markets a product and believe they will be buying a completely different product, so you are saying i wont be buying what i am seeing, so why are you showing it...

my beef is with the AI, if ea had better AI they would show it, dont tell me that they have better AI but in this early build they are marketing they choose to show crap.....

its never personal its just a critique of the product when you have a bad record you dont get alot of slack...

yep most of us are still going to get the game like we do every year. i don't like speding $60 bucks on games that don't improve much but i'm hard headed when it comes to NCAA Football i just have to get the game anyway LOL!

But as you pointed out regardless if it's the final build or not we hear this same argument every year. When the game releases there isn't much difference to me between the retail version and the vidoes we see prior to release.

I don't think that is going to change this year either.....i think these videos we are seeing are right now is the actual gameplay we'll get in July.

I just want to see a video that shows off improvement out of the CPU AI offense before the game gets released.

# 167 DerkontheOS @ 05/28/12 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
yep most of us are still going to get the game like we do every year. i don't like speding $60 bucks on games that don't improve much but i'm hard headed when it comes to NCAA Football i just have to get the game anyway LOL!

But as you pointed out regardless if it's the final build or not we hear this same argument every year. When the game releases there isn't much difference to me between the retail version and the vidoes we see prior to release.

I don't think that is going to change this year either.....i think these videos we are seeing are right now is the actual gameplay we'll get in July.

I just want to see a video that shows off improvement out of the CPU AI offense before the game gets released.
I think a lot of us are in the same boat with you.

# 168 Bad_Intentions @ 05/28/12 08:35 AM
If they add more realistic defensive play calling AI and remove the CPU knowing your play and setting up for it all the time, we could be in business.

# 169 qdog @ 05/28/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

i dont know if that was the same build we will see on release day, the reason i say that because i think that build we saw with michigan and maryland was an old build because there is no ticker at the bottom of the screen, which is confusing to me becaue the first video they released,(USC and Oregon) the first time had the ticker at the bottom but this one dont. i hope this is the case that this a old build and they just trying to show off the improvements to gameplay.

# 170 khaliib @ 05/28/12 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
I am not expecting too much, many times I have said I am excited along with 57% of the people according to the latest poll. I am not nitpicking every little thing I see in the video due to the fact games do play different in person then through video. Maybe it seems the same, maybe it is, but you have no idea until you play the game yourself. Until you play a few full games or heck even a full game, you can not declare its the same thing. MLB the show 12 3 min videos will look like mlb the show 11 videos UNTIL you actually play, then you see how beautiful the ball physics are.

I think it's already been verified that NCAA 13 is not a rebuild, so since it's not a rebuild (just going off this statement), then the retail version will be that of past versions.

It's not a New Build, but the expectation is that something New has been built in...!

1) Tweaked Player Ratings that most likely need hrs/days of editing to fit gamers perspective of Realistic Manerism's with the limited Editing function available.

2) Added Animations that most likely 80% will not trigger often enough as in previous releases versions.
**Gaming community still don't know the threshold/rating levels that will trigger the animations to edit to see them more often

As I noted in an earlier post, if you spend time tweaking and playing with Ratings and Sliders for days/months at a time, as some have done for the past 3+ yrs, you immediately see things in these short clips that have been part of the pattern/history of developement of the game since being on Next-Gen.

Side Note/Rant:I often see the term(s) "Complaining", "Nitpicking", "Bashing" and others added to post, but unless you are a Gamer that plays the game "As Is", out of the box and not download adjusted Sliders or Ratings, you're utilizing the "Work" of someone who falls within the OS definitions of these terms.

Their explanation/reasoning is tagged with these terms, but the Tweaks/Edits are tagged with praise...interesting!

There are some very good threads/suggestions by OS Member's that allow the game (with the limited editing functions given) to be transformed to a better Sim quality than the retail version.

If such effort/work draw the reference "Complaining, Nitpicking or Bashing", so be it. The gaming community need's it until another released football title show's that such effort/work would no longer be necessary to meet Sim Standards of the community.

That's not just an EA thing, that's an any developer that wants to sell us a Football Video Game thing!!!

# 171 khaliib @ 05/28/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
They slow down when you play the game on "slow" or "very slow" speed, which is one of the main reasons I play on those speeds.
^^^This and the Field Size is shrunk to showcase their Marketed up-close visuals of the game.

That's why we're forced to play through "ONE" camera angle which focuses on the Middle of the Field.
Grass blades sounds nice-n-all in the discussion room, but really!!!

Especially when this focus causes the game to be shrunk (movement in a vacuum) to fit the small field size.

Paremeter Gameplay will con't to be plagued due to the field size.
-WR/bubble screens, RB Swing passes
-ANY OPEN FIELD Gameplay falls under this also

Simply not enough room for movements/plays to play out realistically.

Yes "Slow/Very Slow Speed" has some value, but we also gain/lose some animations on these settings just like we do with the faster settings.

It would be nice if we got all animations no matter what Speed setting we use.
It's either cake or ice-cream here because we can't have both!!!

But field size definetly needs to be bigger/expanded.

# 172 carnalnirvana @ 05/28/12 02:38 PM
i definately agree with the notion that the field should be bigger..

i dont believe its the problem.... the fiels seems small because every Defensive player reacts and diagnoses plays entirely too fast...

there isn't much difference between a player with 70 and 99 in awr, prc, pur, etc so when you call a screen the beast on the team should know it and get there the other guys should see it slower and react slower

i am watching a game right now on CBSSN between UCF and SO MISS and its amazing how much bad angles on tackles, blown coverages, space in the middle of the field etc there is going on

everyone needs to stop reacting at the same speeds...thats what is going to create space..

# 173 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/28/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It's either cake or ice-cream here because we can't have both!!!
I demand ice cream cake. On a more serious note, I agree with everything you said.

# 174 MacDiiddy @ 05/28/12 07:32 PM
Quote:
i definately agree with the notion that the field should be bigger..

i dont believe its the problem.... the fiels seems small because every Defensive player reacts and diagnoses plays entirely too fast...

there isn't much difference between a player with 70 and 99 in awr, prc, pur, etc so when you call a screen the beast on the team should know it and get there the other guys should see it slower and react slower

i am watching a game right now on CBSSN between UCF and SO MISS and its amazing how much bad angles on tackles, blown coverages, space in the middle of the field etc there is going on

everyone needs to stop reacting at the same speeds...thats what is going to create space..
Its not even so much the reaction time but the overall speed of certain players

They made perfect pursuit angles and unrealistic speed from defensive ends in order to prevent constant rolling out and breaking the game play with a run pass option every play.

They could of added additional logic or controls to tell the DE to not get reached/set up in a wide 9 tech...things like this. instead they put this band-aid over it, like they tend to do with everything

# 175 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/28/12 08:04 PM
Bottom line, ALL of the ratings in this game needs to be better scaled. There isn't enough of a penalty for being rated very low in any of the categories. I am talking just common sense logic.

If your awareness is 0, shouldn't you be dumb as wood ? You should mess up completely.

If you catch is 0, shouldn't you drop every ball that is thrown your way ?

If your throw power is 0, how in the world can you still throw 60 yards down the field ?

If your blocking ratings is 0, you shouldn't be able to block anybody.

If your man coverage and zone coverage is 0, should you not get beat on every pass route ?

How ever in this engine, even at 0, a player still behaves and can function as a good player. That is the main problem with the NCAA and Madden series. Everybody is either great or good, but nobody is ever bad or average in any thing.

That is one thing that always made dynasty and franchise mode boring for me. No matter who you got, a 1 star player or 5 star player, they BOTH put up the same kind of stats, even half of the time the 1 star player putting up better stats then the 5 star player.

There is no risk involved at all, only reward. Everybody gets rewarded in this game.

# 176 carnalnirvana @ 05/28/12 08:25 PM
skillz is on point once again, however i realized the game has alot of logic in places you would not expect it...

i truly believe the AI upgrades we may see in ncaa 15 is already in the game... i just dont know how to match it all up and i dont feel like trying...

there is alot in here that ea hasn't unleashed...

i remember when people were complaining about the flats being open, in real life the flats are always open but in video game world that would be a cheese problem....

then ea fixed that with a fix that wasn't fundamental( know it all insta LB's)
rocket catching led to psychic DB's who could out jump WR
robo QB was fixed by clue less QB

so to keep ratings looking the same ea hid fixes on ratings that no one would question. every wonder why DB were rated better than your 4th string RB its all kinds of hidden logic... DB's became stronger, linemen became faster etc etc...

# 177 TDenverFan @ 05/28/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Bottom line, ALL of the ratings in this game needs to be better scaled. There isn't enough of a penalty for being rated very low in any of the categories. I am talking just common sense logic.

If your awareness is 0, shouldn't you be dumb as wood ? You should mess up completely.

If you catch is 0, shouldn't you drop every ball that is thrown your way ?

If your throw power is 0, how in the world can you still throw 60 yards down the field ?

If your blocking ratings is 0, you shouldn't be able to block anybody.

If your man coverage and zone coverage is 0, should you not get beat on every pass route ?

How ever in this engine, even at 0, a player still behaves and can function as a good player. That is the main problem with the NCAA and Madden series. Everybody is either great or good, but nobody is ever bad or average in any thing.

That is one thing that always made dynasty and franchise mode boring for me. No matter who you got, a 1 star player or 5 star player, they BOTH put up the same kind of stats, even half of the time the 1 star player putting up better stats then the 5 star player.

There is no risk involved at all, only reward. Everybody gets rewarded in this game.
This. It seems like they need to make ratings matter more, but not too much, otherwise upsets would not happen.

# 178 TheBleedingRed21 @ 05/29/12 11:57 AM
I wonder if that is why ratings are not heavily relied on by EA? As you said, if ratings were all too important, college football would have no upsets and that, as we all know, is the wonders of college football.

# 179 StaubachKid @ 05/29/12 12:42 PM
GAhhhh! I can't wait!

# 180 I Peench @ 05/29/12 01:04 PM
0:28 first time I've seen a wheel route work in a long time

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.