Home
WWE 13 News Post

The revolution is here...

WWE 13 arrives on November 1, 2012. More details as they come in.

Game: WWE 13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
WWE 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 wkukicksbutt @ 05/24/12 03:36 PM
Ministry Taker, Mankind, Stone Cold are all in that trailer.

# 2 Bellsprout @ 05/24/12 03:44 PM
A revolution is coming...

WWE 13 arrives in stores November 1, 2012.

# 3 BDKiiing @ 05/24/12 03:59 PM
was just coming to post this looks good so far. I really hope the MITB attire for Punk is in. And great sign with Jericho!

And the re-did It's Clobbering Time!!!!!!!

# 4 legendkiller5 @ 05/24/12 04:02 PM
^ no,that was 1998 LoD Taker, not 99 Taker.

# 5 franch1se @ 05/24/12 05:05 PM
I knew the revolution wouldn't be for Ambrose

# 6 J_Posse @ 05/24/12 06:37 PM
Cool trailer and great choice with using Punk. Hope this means will get a lot more guys wearing their WWE merchandise during entrances - even if out of date - and not just Punk. I'm interested in seeing how big of a presence the Attitude Era will have and the size of the current roster. Great to see classic versions of 'Taker, Mankind and Stone Cold. Jericho being back in is huge too.

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 7 bigbob @ 05/24/12 08:20 PM
Definitely glad to see Stone Cold put Mankind into the crowd. That gives me hope that we will be able to go into the crowd, which also gives me hope that we'll have a linked-together backstage area for "Falls Count Anywhere" matches.

# 8 LBzrule @ 05/24/12 08:22 PM
I hope they have added weight detection and other type of physics. The way that ring collapsed could be a good sign. Can't wait to hear more.

# 9 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/24/12 10:10 PM
Oh man I just saw the ring implode like it did on Mark Henry and Big Show. That looks so freaking awsome. I really hope that is gameplay from WWE13. It sure looked like it. This just got me excited.

# 10 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/25/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I hope they have added weight detection and other type of physics. The way that ring collapsed could be a good sign. Can't wait to hear more.
From what I've been reading on another site. Those was just cut scenes from universe mode. I'm not sure if it is or not. I guess we will have to wait and see. It would be cool if it is part of the actual gameplay.

# 11 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/25/12 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Definitely glad to see Stone Cold put Mankind into the crowd. That gives me hope that we will be able to go into the crowd, which also gives me hope that we'll have a linked-together backstage area for "Falls Count Anywhere" matches.
I wouldn't jump the gun on that right this min. Been hearing these scenes could be cut scenes only from Universe mode. Hoping that ain't the case. Because if it is. Then this will be very disappointing to say the least.

# 12 eye guy @ 05/25/12 12:52 AM
I have W12. I bought it for $20 (used games, especially games like W12 sell for $60avg) so I hope there'll be some good reason as to why I should buy '13. If it's just a roster update, then i'll just keep '12...

# 13 bigbob @ 05/25/12 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I wouldn't jump the gun on that right this min. Been hearing these scenes could be cut scenes only from Universe mode. Hoping that ain't the case. Because if it is. Then this will be very disappointing to say the least.
That's why I said I hope.

I highly doubt that this is something that's actually going to be in the game. They need to get rid of cut-scenes in the middle of matches because I really think it ruins the game.

# 14 RedZoneD25 @ 05/25/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
I know classic Taker, Austin, Mankind, are in but don't you guy's think this whole attitude era thing is a little overrated at first I was so pumped about AE being in the game but now I think about there probably gonna just put in Rock, Austin, Mankind, classic Taker in the game these guys and there classic persona's have already been in games before it's nothing like 'WOW' I know new age outlaws in the game is sick but I have a feeling THQ might just put up the AE guys that have already been in the game from past into this one game. Don't get me wrong I'm excited and i know rock austin taker etc were the biggest guys from AE but they've been in games before with there AE persona's just another move by THQ to make more money by saying there having AE stars this year.
Kind of how I feel too. The whole AE inclusion could end up being a marketing ploy to sell copies knowing that most wrestling fans in the 18-30 market hold that time period dear to their hearts as the "glory days."

Honestly, the gameplay is okay with me. It's the subpar character models, barebones and broken Universe Mode, and lack of bells and whistles (no entrance attires, same CAW options since Just Bring It to name a few) to make the game feel finished that leave me flat for WWE '13.

I mean, the mere fact that Booker T was a good 3 or 4 shades too light when any person in the world with two working eyes could tell that it wasn't correct is more damning than a broken Community Creations or lame Universe Mode. How can a consumer have faith that a game will be "authentic" in ANY way when something as basic as skin tone (which was previously correct in past games) is THAT far off? I'm no Booker fan either, it just irks me that I see better CAWs than THQ's in-game models on a consistent basis.

It reminds me of Mortal Kombat's reboot from last year. Looking at the in-game models, it's beyond clear that Scorpion (John Cena, Randy Orton for WWE '12) received a little bit of extra love compared to everyone else.

Other than that, the commentary and announcing are still putrid and frankly I still prefer WWE* No Mercy and WWE* WrestleMania 2000 for my wrestling gaming so I feel no shame in moving on from 12. It's a fun game at the core, just left a bad taste in my mouth which I'm sure every gamer can relate to with at least one series.

I know this post has been mostly a rant, but I would like to clarify that I am ready and willing to be blown away by WWE '13. I WANT to love the series again. I just need to see THQ demonstrate the ability to provide a game that is worthy of the hype they gave '12, because in retrospect it seems like the marketing technique was to make up for the fact that the game was still incredibly raw.

Fool me once, shame on me...but I do trust the WWE Games team to deliver and I think now that they have had some rough times they will be more determined to focus on fleshing out the entire game rather than spending a year on Pred tech which didn't feel all that different.

Here's to hoping for some great stuff this year from THQ.

# 15 BenGerman @ 05/25/12 05:20 PM
That got me excited for two reasons:

Possible weight detection, and crowd noise. I couldn't be sure if the noise was the game or just the background, but I'd love if they revamped the crowd noise. WWE '12 was my second favorite sports title this year behind the Show. I can't wait!

# 16 Simple Mathematics @ 05/26/12 02:41 AM
Now this looks awesome! Have the current roster vs. the Attitude era roster

# 17 dochalladay32 @ 05/26/12 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
^ no,that was 1998 LoD Taker, not 99 Taker.
Taker wore that attire when he started forming the Ministry of Darkness. He later changed his attire a bit and then had that devilish looking beard. What sucks is there is probably a .1% chance of Mideon and Viscera so probably won't get any Ministry stuff going on.

# 18 ILiveForThis @ 05/26/12 12:23 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES!

# 19 King_B_Mack @ 05/26/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Taker wore that attire when he started forming the Ministry of Darkness. He later changed his attire a bit and then had that devilish looking beard. What sucks is there is probably a .1% chance of Mideon and Viscera so probably won't get any Ministry stuff going on.
True he was wearing that when he started forming the Ministry, but you wouldn't associate that attire as Ministry Taker. Hell that's the same outfit he wore during the infamous Hell in A Cell match with Foley at the '98 King of the Ring, which is probably why he's in it and the two of them are fighting in the Cell in the video. Either way, when you think Ministry of Darkness Taker, you think of the skin tight outfit, robes and goatee he had going during that era.

Perhaps this can be a sign of some sort that we can have a playable moments type of mode like Madden Moments or the Jordan Challenge or even the Wrestlemania moments from LOW.

This all looks good though and definitely peaks my interest a bit. However after last year, I was so turned off with THQ that I'm on a strictly wait and see approach this year.

# 20 mpt54 @ 05/26/12 04:34 PM
Looks interesting I'll wait to see review's before picking it up though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.