Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

According to Ronnie2K's Twitter feed, 2K Sports will have a big NBA 2K13 announcement in the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
We never really do anything at E3 as you guys know but I am definitely going to try to give an insider look at the show, more than last yr

Having said that, we're expecting to make a big #NBA2K13 announcement in the next coupla weeks that I am fairly confident will impress you

Of course, it's my subjective opinion. What I think is cool may not be what you think is cool. But some exciting stuff is going down this yr

What impresses people is different for everyone. But I think our most hardcore fans will like what we have in store.

With that, I am out. See you tomorrow.

What do you think it will be?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 05/24/12 10:52 PM
How can anyone buy rights to the All Star weekend? It's like buying rights to a 360 dunk. How much money do you need to pay to buy such thing?

# 22 kolanji @ 05/24/12 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
How can anyone buy rights to the All Star weekend? It's like buying rights to a 360 dunk. How much money do you need to pay to buy such thing?
good question but its the reason why 2k had to do the black top games modes of slam dunk and 3 point contest and not the authentic all star weekend so all star weekend is definitely not it

# 23 coolcras7 @ 05/24/12 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
The same amount of money you need buy the exclusive right to the NFL.

# 24 kolanji @ 05/24/12 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The same amount of money you need buy the exclusive right to the NFL.
..........exclusive rights should have no place in video games its just a cowards move

and to think of it Ea sports wanted to buy over take 2 interactive.... so chances were they was gonna b one basketball game and one football game....ohhh the horrors

# 25 stillfeelme @ 05/24/12 11:51 PM
1. My guess would be an upgrade to the online interface. They will have possibly a new lobby system to separate sim and casual and possibly a better way to connect users in an online association.

2. My second guess would be a complete overhaul of how speed and agility is translated in the game. I am talking different acceleration and top end speed for the players so we don't see centers keeping up with fast guards.

I know you can't read into too much this early but that is my guesses

# 26 yungsta404 @ 05/25/12 12:13 AM
Im guessing it will have something to do with legends. Maybe from the 00s era??

i doubt it will have anything to do with gameplay its too early for that

# 27 NBA2K @ 05/25/12 12:18 AM
Any chance Barkley is in this year?

# 28 XenoZograscope @ 05/25/12 01:23 AM
I wonder what it could be....hmmmm!?

# 29 Vni @ 05/25/12 01:32 AM
Hmm, a $20 DLC for 2K13 release day?

Edit: Some very funny posts in that thread anyway

# 30 mpac @ 05/25/12 02:09 AM
referee calling technical fouls? realistic pre-game introduction? in depth Coach mode similar to My player mode?

# 31 NikeBlitz @ 05/25/12 02:13 AM
Euroleague & FIBA teams.

# 32 paul143 @ 05/25/12 02:49 AM
bring back the sweating effect of the player's and put real nba shoes just like in nba live 2010

# 33 yossixbean11 @ 05/25/12 05:49 AM
Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller show up in E3 to play each other in front of the audience as their respective Legends Teams (93 Suns vs. 98 or 00 Pacers).

# 34 I Djm @ 05/25/12 06:01 AM
no no some of you guys are thinking wayyy to big they wont announce something with the legends this early its either something with the move or kinect gimmicky stuff first

# 35 VDusen04 @ 05/25/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
naw EA sport have the rights to that
I have never found such a claim to be substantiated, merely rumors passed off as fact. I mean, it could be correct. But then again, I can't really see how 2K would still be able to have the T-Mobile Rookie Game, All-Star Game (with official court and jerseys), Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, and a 3-Point Shootout. The only reason I ever thought 2K put their dunk contest outdoors was to differentiate their new feature from the then-popular NBA Live version of the dunk contest. I found this to be a tactical error on 2K's part.

Further, the NBA seems to have a history of not wanting to dole out exclusive rights to any aspect of their brand. It'd be similar to deciding 2K deserved the sole rights to the NBA Finals, forcing NBA Live to call their version of the finals the NBA Showdown Last Series Showcase or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
no no some of you guys are thinking wayyy to big they wont announce something with the legends this early its either something with the move or kinect gimmicky stuff first
I am in agreement. It seems the early summer months are usually reserved for the really low-key stuff. It seems since the inclusion of Twitter and other streaming media devices, 2K has really begun overdoing it in terms of drumming up any announcement as perhaps being the next big thing. Information is great, but it feels like tainted information, where the priority is so clearly about creating a buzz than it is about providing truthful updates.

# 36 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 05/25/12 09:21 AM
If it has anything , and I mean ANYTHING to do with legends , I will be extremley disappointed. First off , I dont wanna play with legends...Second off , if I do , Ill download one of the rosters you great people at OS put out with the legends because lets face it , most of your rosters are more finely tuned then their rosters are.

As far as the announcement , I hope its this: Okay guys , we've heard your cries , we've seen and now adressed the issue...FINALLY!... After 7 Long years...... We bought new Online servers!!!! NO MORE SEGA DREAMCAST SERVERS!! YOU SHALL BE CONNECTED!! ( crowd roars )

# 37 JerzeyReign @ 05/25/12 10:23 AM
I think this is a response to Live's announcement -- I think the don't want to them to have all the 'basketball shine' at E3.

What I respect though is the fact that he mentioned that he thinks its cool but we may not. I like that approach -- keeps me wanting to see what it is but I'm not going to think of something bigger than what it may be.

I like that Live is back though -- competing for our attention -- makes me feel are warm and fuzzy inside ause: lol

# 38 22cedric @ 05/25/12 10:56 AM
I think it might be gameplay changes or a presentation announcement.

# 39 KSOR24 @ 05/25/12 11:05 AM
If it's the inclusion of technical and flagrant fouls I'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy

# 40 kongemeier @ 05/25/12 11:12 AM
They fired the 2K-Insider and hired someone who actually know what he's doing?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.