Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

With the MLB 2K series all but confirmed to be dead, Kotaku's Owen Good has posted an article on what MLB 13 The Show must do to keep the fans of baseball gaming happy. It should be interesting, considering a simulation baseball game for the 360 doesn't look very likely.

Quote:
Your long slog through your career in Road to the Show makes the game's threadbare commentary painfully apparent. I think the world of Matt Vasgersian but he is shackled to an outdated commentary engine given to repetition and dead air. Dave Campbell's dialogue library is really showing its age, and a majority of his work sounds like Dave Campbell playing Dave Campbell. Eric Karros should be thanked for his service and sent home. The Show has world class visuals and a smooth, if minimalist, broadcast presentation. The commentary supporting it has not pulled its weight in years.

In your opinion, what does MLB 13 The Show need to do next year to satisfy your baseball gaming needs?

Source - If We Won’t Have MLB 2K to Kick Around Next Year, Here’s What The Show Must Do (Kotaku)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 781 moose616 @ 12/27/12 03:37 PM
There are many Show players that like to customize sounds (including myself).

They should let you save presets. So that during a series in your Franchise or RTTS (BOS @ NYY for example) you can have:
Game 1 (Fri) - YES Network
Game 2 (Sat) - MLB on Fox
Game 3 (Sun) - ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

And you can select which broadcast you want your game to sound/feel like without having to go and change everything just for one game.

# 782 tnixen @ 12/27/12 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Stop making the fielders dive so much. I've had too many singles turned into triples because of this. It's very common.
Actually the only time I even get a tripple in MLB 12 The Show is after an outfielder dives and misses the ball lol

This may change in 13 thanks to the new Ball Physics 2.0.

# 783 ShowTyme15 @ 12/27/12 06:04 PM
A few things I'd like to see.

1. An option for open or closes roof. It doesn't need to retract during the game just perhaps the option for it to be opened or closed before you start thje game (in franchise mode specifically). Another way this could work is through weather. For example it rains quite a bit in Seattle and according to Russell he said the game has weather patterns according to time of year so if it's a franchise game and it's raining in Seattle then the option should already be pre-set to closed. The Diamondbacks rarely have the roof open during the summer months so it would be nice to have that option to have the roof closed or at least have it pre-set. Obviously a few other teams have retractable roofs and they could also be used as the few examples above.

2. An option in the editor for home/away equipment. Batting gloves mostly.

3. Edit service time when creating a player/editing a fake player.

4. In the front end have the ability to add and drop players from/to the Free Agent list WITHOUT having to swap him for another player.

5. Add minor league contracts with invitation to spring training when signing a player in franchise mode.

# 784 Yankees3133 @ 12/28/12 04:32 PM
I have three things that could use improvements;

1) Stealing - The button controls to release a guy to steal are very difficult. One button to increase lead, one to decrease/diveback and one to steal as soon as you press it to try and time the pitcher delivery.

2) Off season Life - Insert some winter negotiation stories, rumors on where guys could be going, contract negotiations and maybe some speculation on players health. Just some offseason analysis to get through the off season tasks.

3) Throwing - I think this is in the works, but a better throwing mechanism to give more control on risk/reward for playing it safe or gunning down a runner.

Other than that, this is a great game and the only one I buy every year.

# 785 tanchl @ 12/29/12 11:29 AM
Love to MoM! I often think the addition of "auto-hit" is all it would take to make this mode worthwhile.

# 786 MLB Bob @ 12/29/12 11:52 AM
I'm sure it's been mentioned but now with scouting and development being a more promo ate feature making the draft and off season more in depth, I'd like to see spring training be treated the same.

I think it would be cool to have players start spring training with some skills such as contact, vision/discipline and the fielding attributes are "handicapped" and as you progress (both with more AB's and success) that you could potential start the season on a hot streak or a cold streak or nutural Also, before you start you can select some players to work on fielding and switch positions or add secondary positions.

For pitchers you have to "stretch them out" by giving them innings to increase their stamina and work on control, break and mph. Also the ability to convert RP to starters or starters to closers ( stretching out a RP adding to his stamina and taking a starter and working on a deadly secondary pitch or add a pitch and increase clutch to become a closer type).

I think this should be an option for those who want to play ST and if people want to skip it and go right to the regular season everything just starts neutral

# 787 Rules @ 12/29/12 12:01 PM
Two words:

Working weather

Two more:

Rain Cancellations

Three more:

Make it optional

# 788 Thruter @ 12/29/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Two words:

Working weather

Two more:

Rain Cancellations

Three more:

Make it optional
All this won't make sense if no closed roof versions of Houston,Arizona,Miami, Toronto, Seattle and Milwaukee. Don't need closing transition, just the option to play on one of those. They made DLC of Classic Stadiums, I don't mind to pay 5$ for those as well.

# 789 Scott @ 12/29/12 09:23 PM
If we can edit contracts in a better way, i may never play another game.

# 790 nemesis04 @ 12/30/12 12:45 PM
Something I really want to see improve in the series is the CPU's perfect execution and awareness on hard to judge plays. Here is an example of the CPU giving up on a fly ball way too early in anticipation to play the ball off the wall. No human player would give up on it that early. Also on foul balls that are very close to the stands, the CPU will not even move because it knows it is foul before the situation even develops.

# 791 Knight165 @ 12/30/12 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Something I really want to see improve in the series is the CPU's perfect execution and awareness on hard to judge plays. Here is an example of the CPU giving up on a fly ball way too early in anticipation to play the ball off the wall. No human player would give up on it that early. Also on foul balls that are very close to the stands, the CPU will not even move because it knows it is foul before the situation even develops.

I'll talk to the devs for you.

M.K.
Knight165

# 792 tnixen @ 12/30/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I would like to see fewer dropped third strikes.

Agree there are too many I think.

# 793 HustlinOwl @ 12/30/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Agree there are too many I think.
IMO more of a result on the player, dont swing problem fixed

# 794 tnixen @ 12/30/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Please give us a way to see how many pitches a pitcher has thrown when attempting to pinch hit for him in the later innings. There is nowhere to find this info.

I dont know how many times I will be checking an opposing pitchers pitch count and its up in the 120+ pitch range. This needs to be fixed for realism.

This is a fantastic idea and is really needed!

# 795 CabreraMVP @ 12/30/12 05:18 PM
I would like to see a throwing meter, similar to mlb 2k7. Just a meter and you let go when you fill it up. I'm terrible with the analog throwing, I make at least 1 throwing error a game from my SS and 2B because I can't push it directly to the right to make the throw. Lol.

Also, more accesory combinations. If you select long pants in the game, it's basically these incredibly tight pants that look really goofy. And there is Baggy pants. But many players were pants that are in between, not completely baggy and not skin tight.

And more skin colors with creating players. There's a different between dark skinned hispanic players and black players. Light skin hispanic players look the same as white players, when you have to use the 8 options from create a player.

And some classic teams. I just took the time to remake the 03 Marlins and would be nice if I could play the '03 Yankees, Cubs, or Giants and recreate those playoff series because they were great for the fans.

The option to take batting practice before franchise games would be amazing as well. You could have the announcers talk about the matchups while you hit. A couple fans in the crowd. How realistic would that be?

# 796 HARTSTOPPER @ 12/30/12 09:20 PM
I know this is too far along in the process for implementation, but I love the way that EAs NHL has their online franchise scheduling set up. They give you a two week period worth of games to play, and the commissioner of the league then makes the determination on how long those two weeks would last (in our case it's a 4 day advance period for roughly 5-6 games each advance).

I would suggest this to ANY sporting game that has an online franchise mode. It opens up the game to more seasons within the year, and would keep people playing the game well up to the release of the next advance.

Now imagine if they somehow implemented franchise carry over into a future game as well. Not only would there be more seasons complete, but teams could carry their team they've built into the following season (also adding to sales numbers as well).

Just my input on what I would like to see for future iterations.

# 797 brettryantalley @ 12/30/12 11:23 PM
there are some different things i'd love to see, but many of them are being discussed. there's been talk of fielding too, but i'd love to see the outfielders play a little deeper. it seems like they only play 'normal' depth when the big boppers are up.

# 798 Scooter3 @ 12/31/12 12:36 AM
Like to pick any year and the computer will duplicate that season with the same weather for each game.

scooter...BigKlu...

# 799 HustlinOwl @ 12/31/12 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTSTOPPER
I know this is too far along in the process for implementation, but I love the way that EAs NHL has their online franchise scheduling set up. They give you a two week period worth of games to play, and the commissioner of the league then makes the determination on how long those two weeks would last (in our case it's a 4 day advance period for roughly 5-6 games each advance).

I would suggest this to ANY sporting game that has an online franchise mode. It opens up the game to more seasons within the year, and would keep people playing the game well up to the release of the next advance.

Now imagine if they somehow implemented franchise carry over into a future game as well. Not only would there be more seasons complete, but teams could carry their team they've built into the following season (also adding to sales numbers as well).

Just my input on what I would like to see for future iterations.
you can do that already in online leagues, now we just need a true online franchise

# 800 stlchamp10 @ 12/31/12 11:32 AM
Don't know if this has been said or anything but I would like to see a better pre-game presitation. The last 2 years have been practically the same. I would like to see things like teams taking batting practice with the BP gear on, Players signing autographs with the fans, dugout interviews (just showing them talking no voice over or anything, kind of like Madden), National Anthem, things like that. Same goes for post-game stuff. Player of the game interviews (pies in the face, cooler splash, ect.).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.