Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshot showing off the new playable zoomed camera. Click the link for a higher resolution image.

Good? Bad? Needs tweaking?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 T-Moar @ 05/29/12 11:42 PM
Oh my God yes. Look at that glorious, glorious scoreboard.

# 42 huskerwr38 @ 05/29/12 11:51 PM
I don't get it. This is a "zoom" camera view? I get that the camera seems lower, but it is definitely not zoom.

# 43 roadman @ 05/29/12 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I don't get it. This is a "zoom" camera view? I get that the camera seems lower, but it is definitely not zoom.
It's dynamic, zooms in and out during game play.

# 44 jpdavis82 @ 05/29/12 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
Oh my God yes. Look at that glorious, glorious scoreboard.
Yep it's pretty sweet, needs a possession indicator though, just tweeted @Mysportsphotog about it.

# 45 StL_RamZ @ 05/30/12 12:07 AM
@MYsportsPhotog <---- follow Micheal young on twitter he has released more info on the camera angle

# 46 qdog @ 05/30/12 12:16 AM
hope they fix the broadcast view. while i dont play at this view, when i get to the playoffs i let cpu vs cpu play for non control teams, i like to let them settle it on the field rather than sim.

# 47 tite50 @ 05/30/12 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
I'll play w/ it for sure (at least for a little while)... But they really need to bring back custom camera angles.
I won't even try it, they need to bring back user cam,I like my broadcast sideline cams

# 48 avwhitechic @ 05/30/12 01:16 AM
this thread alone brings a smile to my face...many lost their OS privleges just talking about this very subject of other cams in next gen Madden. Shoutout to Tarheel he started this thang about 6 years ago, he got us a broadcast cam and i feel were very close to having fully customizable cams "back" in Madden. Nice start E.A. THANK U

# 49 BlackJack_Williams @ 05/30/12 01:22 AM
I can definitely dig it. Looks like it'll make a pretty good option to play with.

# 50 reddogmaddogbul @ 05/30/12 01:55 AM
U got yo Ready..Time 2 seperate the man from the boyz!!!I luv what the guys r putting together;granted "bring the cam just in a little bit".Non the less, this is zoom view; get your ready.

# 51 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/30/12 02:58 AM
Good angle. IMO just a little bit close and higher. Just a bit.

# 52 kingsofthevalley @ 05/30/12 04:33 AM
Its cool for the folks who want something different I guess. Me personally, never played with any camera angle but the one out of the box for both Madden/NCAA. Traditional cam for me all day, I'll pass on this.

# 53 reMicXz @ 05/30/12 04:43 AM
I think this would be a great addition, However I would maybe say other than bringing it in a little and slightly higher, maybe add sort of a fish eye or a rounded effect if possible. I'm sure more people would like to see sideline to sideline more than they need to see 70 yards upfield.

I also agree that the icons are a little too big. I know the icons are a fixed part of the code and changing the size on one camera angle would change them on all angles but hell do we really need them to be that big on every other camera angle too? Not really, in fact I think about 50% of what the default size is would be fine for the majority of the Madden players. NCAA as well. Simply because aside from the bumper buttons the colors alone add a vibrant enough indicator as to which button you're passing the ball to. Well unless you're colorblind...but who's colorblind, nearsighted AND cant read but can play Madden?

# 54 rudyjuly2 @ 05/30/12 04:59 AM
Too far back and way too low for my tastes. I just wish they would make the NCAA cam playable in Madden. I think the NCAA 12 cam was way better than any camera they offered in M12. The default cam in Madden was too zoomed out on running plays last year. Fix that and it would be a lot better. I will pass on this cam.

# 55 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/30/12 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Too far back and way too low for my tastes. I just wish they would make the NCAA cam playable in Madden. The default cam in Madden was too zoomed out on running plays last year. Fix that and it would be a lot better. I will pass on this cam.
Yea i kinda agree. They should have the customisable camera

# 56 Bulls321974 @ 05/30/12 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Too far back and too low to the ground for my tastes.
Couldn't agree more!

# 57 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 06:33 AM
classic OS they give you more choices and you complain classic......I like it anything that adds more I'm in favor ....

# 58 Bulls321974 @ 05/30/12 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
classic OS they give you more choices and you complain classic......I like it anything that adds more I'm in favor ....
They've been asking us, remember?

# 59 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/30/12 08:29 AM
I really like the angle It looks cool, but when I read zoom camera angle Im expecting something very close to the players. This camera is way behind the QB. I understand it pans in and out, but that doesn't make it a zoomed angle IMO.

I was looking for something alot closer to the action. Something to really enjoy using when running the ball.

I will give it a shot for sure. I love trying all the angles, and I feel this angle will be fun.
I just wouldn't call this a zoomed camera. I feel the name is misleading.

This camera actually deserves a different name, something with more flavor

Can you come up with a better name that describes this camera?

Oh wait just thought about something. I can't say this till I see what the camera looks like when your running the ball.

Hmmmm A photo please

# 60 at23steelers @ 05/30/12 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I really like the angle It looks cool, but when I read zoom camera angle Im expecting something very close to the players. This camera is way behind the QB. I understand it pans in and out, but that doesn't make it a zoomed angle IMO.

I was looking for something alot closer to the action. Something to really enjoy using when running the ball.

I will give it a shot for sure. I love trying all the angles, and I feel this angle will be fun.
I just wouldn't call this a zoomed camera. I feel the name is misleading.

This camera actually deserves a different name, something with more flavor

Can you come up with a better name that describes this camera?

Oh wait just thought about something. I can't say this till I see what the camera looks like when your running the ball.

Hmmmm A photo please
Action Cam?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.