Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you pre-order NBA 2K13 for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 through Amazon, you will receive access to NBA All Star Game content, including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13’s Triumphant Return to Virtual Hardwood on October 2, 2012

Fans to receive NBA All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
with pre-order purchase, including all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest mode

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 30, 2012-- 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise* for twelve straight years and the follow-up to the award-winning NBA 2K12, will be available on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. A Wii U™ version of NBA® 2K13 will be available in the launch window, at a later date.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

Gamers can pit the NBA’s current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. The Wii U version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 UConcord11 @ 05/30/12 02:33 PM
A smack in the vita's face?

# 102 almostbobsaget @ 05/30/12 02:33 PM
I am really hopeful that this announcement is the start of a complete presentation overhaul that gives a true fan experience of the NBA. If they can create the atmospheres of the All-Star weekend, NBA playoffs, rivalry games and so on, I will be a happy camper.

# 103 SwagDoc101 @ 05/30/12 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
On top of that, they saying its it own mode so do that mean we not going get it in my player or Association mode ?
probably not bc it says for use with current and past nba supperstars. no mention of myplayers

# 104 BDM313 @ 05/30/12 03:12 PM
Hope its implemented into association mode!

# 105 TrapStar215 @ 05/30/12 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Many of you don't think of this (and many of you don't need to) but some of us don't have access to Amazon ( I for one spend 8 months outside the US where Amazon will not ship).

I am all for dropping 5 bucks for a game that's already a guaranteed buy but I don't have access to Amazon and hence I will not be getting this extra mode.

Not a game killer but would love it if it was a universal content so that we have a level playing field for all those who pre order regardless of store.
Didn't realize it said amazon only.

# 106 LD2k @ 05/30/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Didn't realize it said amazon only.
It's NOT Amazon only.

Amazon, Best Buy & Gamestop all have it.

# 107 coolcras7 @ 05/30/12 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatShot
2k is prolly gonna charge 15 for this mess
Wow you guys are amazing, 2k will probably release a code after the games release

# 108 Marc_Rez @ 05/30/12 04:02 PM
So does this mean the rising star challenge will have WNBA players too?

# 109 MarvellousOne @ 05/30/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_Rez
So does this mean the rising star challenge will have WNBA players too?
Negative, it's the Rookie/Sophomore game. Hopefully it's done creatively like it was this year where it Barkley and Shaq was selecting player for there teams...of course this will not be a Shaq vs Barkley squad thing unless they have gotten the rights to add Barkley to the game but would be nice to see it mix and match rookies and sophomores on each team. Again would be great to see it incorporated into the other respectful modes that use the All-Star break. Come on 2K this mode has to make it into Association, My Player, and Season....make it happen it's not too late just yet if it isn't already done. Like that Spike Lee movie is titled "Do The Right Thing."

# 110 EarvGotti @ 05/30/12 04:15 PM
The fact that this is a DLC already indicates bad news for us online folks. What about us who would like to do this in their online associations? If this is a DLC and not everyone has it then it's obvious to me that this won't be integrated online.

ASW is nice but it's nothing NEW. Live already did it! When will 2K realize that this generation of gamers wants to play online! Give us more online features!

# 111 RustyBlue @ 05/30/12 04:16 PM
does this mean we won't have it in my player/Association?

# 112 TrapStar215 @ 05/30/12 04:21 PM
I was about to say you guys have the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge confused with the Dribble course challenge.

# 113 TalenT @ 05/30/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's NOT Amazon only.

Amazon, Best Buy & Gamestop all have it.
I've seen this AT LEAST three times throughout the thread. C'mon guys!

# 114 miller31time @ 05/30/12 04:38 PM
Hopefully, the fact that almost every poster in a 12-page (and growing) thread has asked if ASW will be in Association Mode and online, means we'll get a quick answer from the developers.

I mean, they can't break this kind of information and NOT expect everyone and their mother to ask about the implementation.

And if it isn't....then a big, fat F-A-I-L.

# 115 NINJAK2 @ 05/30/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
I've seen this AT LEAST three times throughout the thread. C'mon guys!
Maybe a mod could post Ld2k's comment on the 1st page so people stop getting confused.

This is a cool little announcement (I was not expecting much). Hopefully they go away from that stupid cell shaded look for it and keep the graphics engine for the regular title. I hope you can still play one on one hoops(kids love that).

# 116 mreyes930 @ 05/30/12 05:05 PM
Hopefully the addition of the dunk contest means we will finally see some real vertical attributes. No more vertical rating, lets get a real vertical (as in inches off of the ground). Maybe even the inclusion of wingspan. Lets make some kevin durant/tayshaun prince type players, lanky. I would love to see how all of this would play out in a virtual dunk contest.

# 117 SouthBeach @ 05/30/12 05:12 PM
Never fails.

2K announces an additional feature and people are upset about it.

Regardless of the Slam Dunk contest being in previous iterations of NBA 2K, it's being added to 2K13 and I'm happy with that.

I just hope it's integrated into Association. It'll really help give people more motivation to develop their rookies in the season in hopes of landing them a spot on the Rookie team during the All-Star break.

# 118 baller_of_the_year @ 05/30/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Awesome....they are re-adding features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

First major announcement about 2k13 is something that required 0% innovation. Just more reason to NOT pre-order this game.
EA Sports owned the rights to All Star Weekend. 2K couldn't put in their games. That's why it wasn't in there. And that's why it was taken out.

# 119 Brock @ 05/30/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Never fails.

2K announces an additional feature and people are upset about it.

Regardless of the Slam Dunk contest being in previous iterations of NBA 2K, it's being added to 2K13 and I'm happy with that.

I just hope it's integrated into Association. It'll really help give people more motivation to develop their rookies in the season in hopes of landing them a spot on the Rookie team during the All-Star break.
Yes, this is all I'm saying. Well actually, the rookie game is in 2k12, unless it's bugged after year one. I don't know because I've haven't completed a season yet. I just want ASW in association mode.

Also to the post above that one, I didn't know Live owned the rights to ASW. Stupid NBA allowed them to do that, weird also.

# 120 MarvinOida @ 05/30/12 05:32 PM
Hopefully, this will be IN the game not DLC, I mean, this can be used a marketing ploy to make you pre-order the game even though the feature is in the game... Hopefully we can like choose who we want in these events, from every player in the game including future DLC players, legends, and created players...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.