Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you pre-order NBA 2K13 for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 through Amazon, you will receive access to NBA All Star Game content, including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13’s Triumphant Return to Virtual Hardwood on October 2, 2012

Fans to receive NBA All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
with pre-order purchase, including all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest mode

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 30, 2012-- 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise* for twelve straight years and the follow-up to the award-winning NBA 2K12, will be available on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. A Wii U™ version of NBA® 2K13 will be available in the launch window, at a later date.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

Gamers can pit the NBA’s current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. The Wii U version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 wrestlinggod1 @ 05/30/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
I am really hopeful that this announcement is the start of a complete presentation overhaul that gives a true fan experience of the NBA. If they can create the atmospheres of the All-Star weekend, NBA playoffs, rivalry games and so on, I will be a happy camper.
Let's not forget that All-Star weekend is usually shown on TNT as well. So maybe this is coming with some type of TNT integration.

# 122 keshunleon @ 05/30/12 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Y'all act like they get more money out of you by reserving a game! What's the big deal of a $5 deposit off the purchase price of a game you're going to buy?
Great point but it is kind of hard reserving a game when you are overseas or deployed during those times. Do to the region stuff Microsoft has established you can't play overseas games or vice versa.

# 123 JerzeyReign @ 05/30/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I have been told it will also be available internationally.
What about for us soldiers stationed overseas? We normally get 'special' games, for example, BF3 gave us the first map pack free with purchase. Is something like that in the works for us since we have our own store?

# 124 JerzeyReign @ 05/30/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
This to me is a disappointment in the whole series, and a waste of an announcement.

1. You are announcing a feature that was originally in previous titles
2. It's pre-order only? Seriously? SMH!
3. It's not a real feature, that our die-hard fans give a flying fart about!
4. It's nothing more than a gimmick, die-hard fans buy it day one no matter what, this serves no benefits.
5. It was hyped up for no apparent reason, more fluff for the duff!!!
6. Hey how about this, game comes out in 4 months, why not flood the scene with gameplay videos and screenshots like your competitor is doing both their football games.
7. MLB 2k series just got canned, you could be a little more sensitive to your fans, by not releasing news like this it's bad karma for you company.
8. This will pass over the PC version, in which I'm sure 40 to 60% of your fans will buy thanks to mods. And it will be PS3 and 360 Only....
9. Ronnie 2k is helping the push of death on 2ksports games.
10. Stop doing EA type things and get back to being the 2k we've loved since Dreamcast.

(IMO: The statement about PC version being 40% to 60% is because most retailers never receive copies of the game. Maybe if fans could find it, we'd buy it more. Just saying Gamestop getting 1 copy per year, isn't helping that format grow...)
Not to play 'Captain Save 2k' but c'mon now. LD2k clearly stated that some will like it and some will not. No hype whatsoever. They are getting a little more official with ASW -- how is that a bad thing? The rest of your post sounds personal.

Love your youtube videos but this post causes 'purple names' to shy away from this community. #JustSayin

# 125 LD2k @ 05/30/12 06:17 PM
I will be here to clarify as much as I can. Also make sure to check in with Ronnie's twitter and whenever updates are posted anywhere - I'll stop by and update for everyone.

# 126 Playboy™ @ 05/30/12 06:19 PM
why do we have to preorder just to have this feature i hope u give us a code i dont wanna pay dlc for something that should already be in the game

# 127 NYdreams @ 05/30/12 06:25 PM
weak.... first of all this shouldnt even be dlc... it was in 2k11 so i dont know whats that all about...
second to not even know if this is the official all star weekend and not just players outside playing ball again is kinda suspect...
i usually pre order every 2k game but after 2k12 ill just wait for some more news and see whats going on with Live.. although 2k will be better overall i only care about online and thats the part where 2k fails the most

# 128 thaone08 @ 05/30/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
I will be here to clarify as much as I can. Also make sure to check in with Ronnie's twitter and whenever updates are posted anywhere - I'll stop by and update for everyone.
We want to know will the mode be in association mode and if so how will they pick who will be in the event and what not

# 129 VDusen04 @ 05/30/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Also to the post above that one, I didn't know Live owned the rights to ASW. Stupid NBA allowed them to do that, weird also.
I do not believe EA owned the All-Star rights. It is just a theory many folks have come up with over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Never fails.

2K announces an additional feature and people are upset about it.

Regardless of the Slam Dunk contest being in previous iterations of NBA 2K, it's being added to 2K13 and I'm happy with that.

I just hope it's integrated into Association. It'll really help give people more motivation to develop their rookies in the season in hopes of landing them a spot on the Rookie team during the All-Star break.
Right on. I'm with you 100%

# 130 poloelite @ 05/30/12 06:44 PM
Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but all the crying is out of hand. The game is $60 whether you preorder it or not. ASW is FREE for those people who preorder it. How is that unfair? It's a BUSINESS. 2k/VC is here to deliver us a great product for a PROFIT. For the first time we have a real incentive to preorder the game for the same price it would cost any other year. If you don't think the ASW is enough for you to put down $5 of the same amount you would spend later, then so be it. But please don't ask for the feature for free later. You're obviously not the consumer they are trying to cater to with this preorder bonus. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but be realistic about things.

It's not the same mode as blacktop slam dunk and 3pt shootout from what I can see thus far. Plus I'm sure more info and a dev insight will follow closer to release date. WE ALL KNOW 2K is the premier basketball sim experience, but I also know it can never be perfect. I understand online players are hot about that issue and I'm certain they will fix it this year. If not, still no other choice for me other than 2k. They're not perfect, but they're the best!!

# 131 Norris_Cole @ 05/30/12 06:59 PM
As expected the announcement = Facepalm

Not going to preorder the game for this crap. I want the online/online association fixed, better roster updates, and BETTER GAMEPLAY

nothing but another cheap tactic by 2ksports, this should be free

# 132 LionsFanNJ @ 05/30/12 07:00 PM
anyone else notice the blurb you can have a dunk contest/3pt shootout with current and classic players? Maybe all those guys from the legends showcase will be in the main game this year to put on current rosters, that would be badass.

# 133 Norris_Cole @ 05/30/12 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach

I just hope it's integrated into Association. It'll really help give people more motivation to develop their rookies in the season in hopes of landing them a spot on the Rookie team during the All-Star break.
You can already do that in 2k12

# 134 LD2k @ 05/30/12 07:05 PM
For those having SPECIFIC questions regarding the All-Star weekend stuff:

Quote:
Like I said earlier, many questions about #NBA2K13ASW will be answered during the #E3 livestream. More info coming soon.
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/207969883521171456

# 135 inkcil @ 05/30/12 07:23 PM
Quote:
Thanks man. It will be great to have all star festivities back in 2k basketball. Will the legends dlc for 2k12 work with 2k13 or will it be revamped for 2k13? Thanks again! It would be fun to use the legends in all star festivities.

# 136 elementz09 @ 05/30/12 07:24 PM
I think that what sometimes kills sports game no matter what the title, publisher, or platform it's on are the teasers. I think we've become spoiled with the announcements leading up to the release that by the time the game is launched we'll feel let down because something doesn't work correctly, or needs a patch to fix which breaks something else in the process. Should publishers hold off on the news until maybe the month before the release date to help this?

# 137 Johnson Barnes @ 05/30/12 07:44 PM
This is another cover up , just like last years Legend Mode

Why do we have to pre-oreder to get some stuff thats not a special feature, it's apart of the damn game! next thing you know , 2k going to have us pre order to get online access for there terrible servers.

I like how they make it seems like they care about the customers by giving us something that's a dlc. Which means it wont be in online association or my player because not everyone will have it.

# 138 LD2k @ 05/30/12 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Barnes
I like how they make it seems like they care about the customers by giving us something that's a dlc.
It's "add-on" content, not DLC. No additional cost and you can have it by a simple $5 pre-order at multiple retailers.

# 139 VDusen04 @ 05/30/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
It's "add-on" content, not DLC. No additional cost and you can have it by a simple $5 pre-order at multiple retailers.
Will the add-on ever be available to those who do not pre-order?

Also, when may the E3 live stream will be taking place?

# 140 ewingandoakley @ 05/30/12 08:33 PM
Quote:
when will you announce the classic teams? I am really hoping you guys hit the jackpot on this one.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.