Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you pre-order NBA 2K13 for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 through Amazon, you will receive access to NBA All Star Game content, including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13’s Triumphant Return to Virtual Hardwood on October 2, 2012

Fans to receive NBA All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
with pre-order purchase, including all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest mode

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 30, 2012-- 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise* for twelve straight years and the follow-up to the award-winning NBA 2K12, will be available on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. A Wii U™ version of NBA® 2K13 will be available in the launch window, at a later date.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

Gamers can pit the NBA’s current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. The Wii U version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 LD2k @ 05/30/12 08:38 PM
More details may or may not be coming at E3.

Pay attention, folks.

# 142 pegout @ 05/30/12 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatShot
i hope you know that most of you're "frequent" believers are doubters now because yall promised "frequent" art updates and we didn't see one the whole year. NOT 1. so well see how great you're word is, but im not gonna be the first one to tell you that no one belives a dang word any of you from 2k says. BRING ON LIVE 13 along w/ dedicated servers.

Obviously y'all need to pay attention to what you say and promise to you"re customers.
obviously you need to stop buying thier game if you feel like they played you

# 143 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/30/12 09:45 PM
While I like the bonus thing with All-Star Weekend and all. I really hope they have improved the gameplay and all. Because if ain't improved. Then I will be disappointed in 2k. But I like the idea of the add on bonus for 2k13.

# 144 keshunleon @ 05/30/12 09:54 PM
So much hate on this page
Dude #1 hatin' dude #2 because 2K promised one thing and did another. 2K did not live up to what they promised, I got that! So why is dude #3 mad at dude #1-15 for expressing their frustration?

2K has been slipping on their word for years and I still buy NBA 2K whatever, get pissed, wait, wait, wait, then get the next one.

I am disappointed with this announcement myself but I think it is good promotional advertisement to get people to reserve it.

I will reserve it for $5, wait until January's updates, if the gameplay isn't good (glitches fixed) I will get my $5 back and get some else.

2 easy!

# 145 Goffs @ 05/30/12 10:07 PM
The hell with this preorder business as I will try to get it early like I did in years past!

# 146 Colts18 @ 05/30/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Y'all act like they get more money out of you by reserving a game! What's the big deal of a $5 deposit off the purchase price of a game you're going to buy?
I usually wait until Black Friday to buy the game for cheap. 20-30 dollars. So because I wait that long I won't be able to get this mode?

I am not a fan of this.

# 147 cavsfan2 @ 05/30/12 10:11 PM
Is this a "limited time" pre-order thing or can we pre-order it in September and still get the All Star stuff? Sorry Ive never pre-ordered a game before so I really dont know how this stuff works.

# 148 MarvellousOne @ 05/30/12 10:25 PM
I think personally it should just come with a code upon purchase inside of the game case...reward people for buying the game period, not just for preordering a game, just another one of my 2 cents on the matter again. I'm waiting for the demo or at least until I hear a good amount of details of the game before I reserve...9 times out of 10 I'll purchase the game unless that other company blows the doors off with there title.

# 149 Colts18 @ 05/30/12 10:31 PM
A good question would be this.

Since the Rookie Game is going to be either DLC or exclusively the add-on portion, will it be taken out of association mode? I mean we already have it now so will we lose it?

If so, 2K I lost respect for you

# 150 kentechvids @ 05/30/12 10:33 PM
im glad they brought this back

# 151 Colts18 @ 05/30/12 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's "add-on" content, not DLC. No additional cost and you can have it by a simple $5 pre-order at multiple retailers.
But everyone can't pre-order the game so how exactly is it a form of Thank You to the fans. Come on now I know it is your job to protect your company but that is just a bad way to thank anyone.

# 152 redsrule @ 05/30/12 10:45 PM
You have to preorder to get this?
That is beyond stupid.

# 153 almostbobsaget @ 05/30/12 10:53 PM
I don't see the issue. The first press of the game is probably going to have the code in it...I doubt you're actually going to have to preorder it. If you buy on day one, you'll probably get the same thing.

Which, then, begs the question, why not just preorder it if you know you're going to buy it on day one?

# 154 spankdatazz22 @ 05/30/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
But everyone can't pre-order the game so how exactly is it a form of Thank You to the fans. Come on now I know it is your job to protect your company but that is just a bad way to thank anyone.
Practically EVERY major game, if not every major game offers some sort of pre-order bonus these days. Battlefield, Madden, Max Payne, Batman, Call of Duty, etc. etc. etc. Hell some have location-specific preorder content. Where's the outrage over those? This has become a fairly standard practice nowadays. It's incentive for getting people to preorder. But you feel they should be giving some sort of "thank you for purchasing the game" to fans? When the game already offers BY FAR more default content than any other sports game? Give me a break. I really don't get why this game is held to some ridiculously high standard by some.

# 155 VDusen04 @ 05/30/12 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
But you feel they should be giving some sort of "thank you for purchasing the game" to fans? When the game already offers BY FAR more default content than any other sports game? Give me a break. I really don't get why this game is held to some ridiculously high standard by some.
I'm not sure he's saying the fans deserve a big "thank you". I think he was just referring to 2K's statement of how this pre-order special was their way of saying thank you to the fans. And admittedly, it's a funny thank you to offer a feature to only one set of fans (those who pre-order):
Quote:
“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

# 156 Colts18 @ 05/30/12 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Practically EVERY major game, if not every major game offers some sort of pre-order bonus these days. Battlefield, Madden, Max Payne, Batman, Call of Duty, etc. etc. etc. Hell some have location-specific preorder content. Where's the outrage over those? This has become a fairly standard practice nowadays. It's incentive for getting people to preorder. But you feel they should be giving some sort of "thank you for purchasing the game" to fans? When the game already offers BY FAR more default content than any other sports game? Give me a break. I really don't get why this game is held to some ridiculously high standard by some.
I don't play those other games so that is why this bothers me so much. I really don't give a damn what they do because I don't play them. That would be like you telling me that my favorite cereal box shrunk their box years after every other cereal box on the market being shrunk as well. So because it happened to the other cereals I should just shutup and take it since everyone else did it? I think not.

I am pissed off and telling me who else has pre-order perks doesn't change my stance.

# 157 spankdatazz22 @ 05/30/12 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not sure he's saying the fans deserve a big "thank you". I think he was just referring to 2K's statement of how this pre-order special was their way of saying thank you to the fans. And admittedly, it's a funny thank you to offer a feature to only one set of fans (those who pre-order):
Oh - thx for the clarification. And I'd agree with you that it's not much of a thank you, it's just incentive to preorder

# 158 Boilerbuzz @ 05/31/12 12:33 AM
In short, I get the soldier's gripe and hopefully there will be an answer. But the rest of the whiners? Really? Do you REALLY have a problem with this or are you just complaining just to say something? This is all just so ridiculous.

# 159 UnbelievablyRAW @ 05/31/12 12:34 AM
Why is this a preorder bonus. lmao the allstar weekend is PART of the NBA experience. How can you call 2k the best NBA sim when this type of thing is treated as DLC? 2k is making Live become more of an option now than before. smh

# 160 ZB9 @ 05/31/12 02:19 AM
im glad classic players are back!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.