Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

For the first time in franchise history, familiar faces are now on the field in NCAA Football 13, where fans can build a national powerhouse by placing one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners on the team of their choice for the upcoming NCAA season. Under center, in the backfield, or split wide, utilize a Legend’s skill set in the quest to win the Heisman Trophy. Video interviews with each Heisman Trophy winner will be unlocked throughout the season, detailing the achievements of their glory days. In addition, fans can truly test themselves by matching their Heisman Legend’s historical performance in one season, which will not only win the Heisman Trophy, but also unlock each player in Road to Glory.

Heisman Legends include:
  • Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
  • Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
  • Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
  • Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
  • Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
  • Andre Ware– 1989 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Houston
  • Herschel Walker– 1982 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Georgia
The following DLC Heisman Legends are also available:
  • * Tim Brown – 1987 Heisman Trophy recipient, Notre Dame
  • * Archie Griffin – 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • * Jim Plunkett – 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University
  • ** Mark Ingram – 2009 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Alabama
  • ** Matt Leinart – 2004 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • ** Tim Tebow – 2007 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Florida
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.

** Available through NCAA Football 13 pre-order from GameStop.

REACTION TIME

The new Reaction Time feature allows players to experience what it’s like on the field as a true Heisman Trophy-caliber athlete. Reaction Time literally slows down the action, allowing users to look for openings in defenses and perform skill moves to get into the open field, before smoothly transitioning back to regular speed. Gameplay has also been enhanced to include special teams and an updated playcall system.

Discuss.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 bigsmallwood @ 05/31/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Would I like to see player specific running styles? Yes

"Special Moves" NO

I'm not a fan of the mode but I will try it. I'm strictly an online dynasty guy with ncaa

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Respect. There have been very few NFL players with "special moves" ....I can definitely agree to that.

# 302 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/31/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I may be wrong, but I believe we are at the end of the Ben Haumiller era. Just feels like it's time to go in a new direction, like Madden is doing.
How we going to be at the end of his era when his era just began ? Last 2 years NCAA was ran by Roy Harvey. Roy Harvey is now over Madden. So essentially this is Ben's first year where he is the number 1 over NCAA.

# 303 avwhitechic @ 05/31/12 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntswithweim
Thank you EA for adding a game mode no one wanted with a stupidass matrix camera mode. Next year willyou please ignore any and all of the gameplay issues and create a cheerleadermode. Instead of matrix camera mode maybe they can throw pom-poms which willact like the red turtle shell on old school Mario cart. Thanks again for throwing more glitter on thepile of crap that you have made.
Its still early but u my friend have won post of the daylmao

# 304 DorianDonP @ 05/31/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper_kobe
Guess what has never looked liked that? 2k...

Clowns need to realize 2k doesn't make a game and hasn't made a game for a while for a reason.

Bringing it up serves no purpose here, zero.
Maybe I'm missing something but where did he mention 2K?

# 305 MrOctober430 @ 05/31/12 02:22 PM
ugh, what's about TeamBuilder, Road to Glory, etc. Don't add more stuff that's going to be broken and nobody cares about.

# 306 kenlovin @ 05/31/12 02:48 PM
What a complete waste of disk space…

# 307 Morning Thunder @ 05/31/12 06:47 PM
Something that I havent seen talked about yet is how that guy was playing the game. He was trying to play the most unrealistic brand of football. Just how he played shows why this game will never be great. The developers dont want to create a product that is realistic, they want to create something were you can score 80 on your homecoming rival or some ****.

# 308 BigGamecock @ 05/31/12 06:50 PM
If they really wanted to make it legit they would have put in tear-away jerseys that they use to play with. Other than that I can go play with RGIII in NCAA12 and win the Heisman. this feature wont be fun.

# 309 moylan1234 @ 05/31/12 07:06 PM
^because it's nothing new you could always create CFB legends and play with them. In fact it's still better to create them because that way you can take them through an actual career instead of just one season.

# 310 WazzuRC @ 05/31/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
Cool story bro. Tell it again.
Would you have said the same thing if his post was "Can't wait to play this!!"?

# 311 moylan1234 @ 05/31/12 07:48 PM
It's absolutely nothing like NBA2Ks mode. As long as people keep trying to link the two it will need to be said again and again.

# 312 PowerofRed25 @ 05/31/12 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes2587
why is everyone hating on this Hesiman Challenge. 1 it's the History of College Football. 2 would you rather have this or that Garbage Ultimate team that you have to pay for and only get 10 years out of players. And 3 this is a great feature because the have the real Likeness to the players that won the heisman. and i will be playing this. If your a Real true College Football fan like myself then you will like and play this. plus you might be able to add these guys to super star in madden if you can add them to RTG. reaction time is awesome. this whole game is killing madden right now. but ti does every year. Go Buck's!

Buckeyes, no one understands what you are saying, it isn't English. It looks like it's supposed to be English, I recognize the letters, but when you put them together it makes no sense.

Attempting to translate your points though. 1) It isn't the history of college football. It is a handful of individual players put on current teams (not their own). 2) Uh, what?. 3) You don't have the real likeness of anything. It is the same player models and equipment and uniforms of every other modern player, with the Heisman player's name on the back. We've been able to do that for a decade.

# 313 bigbob @ 05/31/12 09:42 PM
So, you keep saying NCAA 13 is a great game..

When did you actually play it?

# 314 LionsFanNJ @ 05/31/12 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes2587
this moad
This dumb 4chan intentional mis-spelling has to stop. Its stupid and people aren't taking you serious. Period.

# 315 LionsFanNJ @ 05/31/12 09:58 PM
I don't mind EA made this mode, but I do believe it should be a little deeper not really stressing anything about EA Football anymore and just mention id like the Line play/interaction changed.

Anyway, ill probably run through it twice, once with Barry (of course) and run the Fast Break offense again with Charlie Ward.

# 316 PowerofRed25 @ 05/31/12 10:15 PM
There are a lot of Ohio State jokes to be had because of buckeyes' posts in this thread, but they write themselves so I won't bother. Can we maybe put an end to his posts though mods?

# 317 ultralow36 @ 05/31/12 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
When does rings determine how good a player is?

the faces are only in the cutscenes. They still have generic faces when actually playing the game.
Wrong they have the Retro player heads in game.....heck you can see that at coin toss.....carry on

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

# 318 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/12 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Smh. Did you not even read my post? I said cutscenes... That includes knockoffs. Even when they showed berry walking outta the tunnel it was generic face.
The faces they showed in the webcast were actual faces not generic, they even talked about how they went and hand made the player models for the heisman players.

# 319 I Peench @ 06/01/12 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
The funny thing is, if you look at the actual numbers EA collects, RTG is the most played mode.

I don't play it and you obviously don't, but millions of players do.
I was amazed when I saw people's responses to this

Total shocker!

# 320 da ThRONe @ 06/01/12 12:23 PM
In defense of BAP mode I'm a huge fan when it's done properly. EA failed last year. If this reaction time is their solution to RTG and the key to Heisman challenge it's looking like another failed year just my opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.