Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

For the first time in franchise history, familiar faces are now on the field in NCAA Football 13, where fans can build a national powerhouse by placing one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners on the team of their choice for the upcoming NCAA season. Under center, in the backfield, or split wide, utilize a Legend’s skill set in the quest to win the Heisman Trophy. Video interviews with each Heisman Trophy winner will be unlocked throughout the season, detailing the achievements of their glory days. In addition, fans can truly test themselves by matching their Heisman Legend’s historical performance in one season, which will not only win the Heisman Trophy, but also unlock each player in Road to Glory.

Heisman Legends include:
  • Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
  • Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
  • Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
  • Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
  • Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
  • Andre Ware– 1989 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Houston
  • Herschel Walker– 1982 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Georgia
The following DLC Heisman Legends are also available:
  • * Tim Brown – 1987 Heisman Trophy recipient, Notre Dame
  • * Archie Griffin – 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • * Jim Plunkett – 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University
  • ** Mark Ingram – 2009 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Alabama
  • ** Matt Leinart – 2004 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • ** Tim Tebow – 2007 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Florida
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.

** Available through NCAA Football 13 pre-order from GameStop.

REACTION TIME

The new Reaction Time feature allows players to experience what it’s like on the field as a true Heisman Trophy-caliber athlete. Reaction Time literally slows down the action, allowing users to look for openings in defenses and perform skill moves to get into the open field, before smoothly transitioning back to regular speed. Gameplay has also been enhanced to include special teams and an updated playcall system.

Discuss.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:11 PM
I don't know if this was announced during the webcast or not, but I just heard in the Box Score podcast that the 6 players(3 from demo, 3 from pre-order) will be available as DLC. If anyone cares lol

# 162 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
Wait, so I'm confused... Was the "special announcement" that everyone was talking about the reaction time? Or will it not be announced until E3? Because I already knew about the reaction time...
Ben said they will be making an announcement at E3

# 163 Playmakers @ 05/30/12 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Couple of key differences though - Michael Jordan is immortalized, and pretty much anyone who ever played basketball wanted the experience to 'be like Mike'.

As they admitted in the webcast, a lot of the people playing the game think Desmond Howard is just some guy on College Gameday.

The only one that even intrigues me a little bit to play as is Barry Sanders...buuuuuut (and it's a huge but)....he doesn't play like Barry Sanders!

NBA 2K captured Jordan's mannerisms, moves, etc almost perfectly. There were times I played that mode and I was like wow, I remember the game that Jordan did that move.

Barry Sanders isn't going to be low to the ground, shifty, and making the most ridiculous juke moves you've ever seen. He's going to play like a cheese version of any other running back in NCAA Football 13.

NBA 2K had great dynasty and gameplay before they need to 'shake things up' with a mode like the Jordan Challenges.

NCAA still has a lot of work to do in those areas so it's frustrating to see them create a mode like this now, and then to not implement in a way that it doesn't feel like a modified version of RTG (which it is). I just feel like this development time could have been better used elsewhere.

Post of the day.....

This is what i'm saying. If your going to capture former great players spend some time researching those players and don't waiste our time EA.

Maybe the causal player can live with a Barry Sanders running around clueless on the field like regular RB's in the game.

But as old school football fans we know how Barry played and if you can't capture his playing style to make him different from other RB's what is the point?

Surely EA could program the Heisman players to be lifelike since it's not a lot of players and they do have knowledge on how these players performed on the field.

Like i the guy said 2K nailed Jordan....everything about him reminds you of Jordan when you were watching him play.

If i fire up a game of NCAA 13 and Barry Sanders is running right into defenders I'm going to be highly PEEVED. If Desmond Howard can't make plays on special teams i'll be furious.

Show the College Legends some respect EA and not just use them for a marketing ploy.

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Post of the day.....

Thsi is what i'm saying. If your going to capture former great players spend some time researching those players and don't waiste our time EA.

Maybe the causal player can live with a Barry Sanders running around clueless on the field like regular RB's in the game.

But as old school football fans we know how Barry played and if you can't capture his playing style to make him different from other RB's what is the point?

Surely EA could program the Heisman players to be lifelike since it's not a lot of players and they do have knowledge on how these players performed on the field.

Like i the guy said 2K nailed Jordan....everything about him reminds you of Jordan when you were watching him play.

If i fire up a game of NCAA 13 and Barry Sanders is running right into defenders I'm going to be highly PEEVED. If Desmond Howard can't make plays on special teams i'll be furious.

Show the College Legends some respect EA and not just use them for a marketing ploy.
They are supposed to have captured the look and feel of each player, I know they said the player models were done by hand and made to look exactly like they did when they were in college. How this will actually play out on field remains to be seen, but they did do some research on these guys.

# 165 COACH WEBB @ 05/30/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think it will be in regards to the Kinect and PSMove....

# 166 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/30/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
This looks like it could be some fun especially for the guys that are big into college football and loved watching the past Heisman winners and seeing what they did. I will admit I was skeptical of this mode until I watched the podcast. I think this mode could be alot of fun especially for the guys who loved watching alot of the former winners like myself.
You could create a Heisman player in NCAA 12, give him 99's in various ratings and you will have NCAA 13 Heisman Mode minus the interview videos.

# 167 brutx15 @ 05/30/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Ok, thank you.

# 168 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/30/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I agree. But after reading today's thread, I expect half the people to be here on June 4th for the next "reveal" or whatever it is. I mean, if they've given up on EA and NCAA, why waste their time?
I know what you mean, I explained in another thread that I'll always buy the game regardless because it's the only college football game available. It's either I buy it and have a college football game, or don't and have nothing. Also the game isn't $150, it's what $65 with tax? I know that's steep to some but if I somehow justify spending that much on beer every friday night then I can manage to "gamble" and pay $65 for a game once every July.

It's whatever, everyone has opinions, my life isn't ruined because it isn't as good as last year or what have you. I'm not going to be upset cause I "wasted" $65. If it sucks, I'll still play it, if it's good, I still play it.

# 169 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
But yet the player models look exactly like every other player in the game. They didn't even get their facemask right.
Did you watch the webcast? They showed a few of the player models, they look decent to me.

I understand player models, but facemasks? Really? How does that affect the game in ANY way? You should have played football games in the 90s

Did you look under MJ's shorts in NBA2k12 and see if they had his UNC shorts underneath? I mean at some point it's just a video game.

# 170 Scrapps @ 05/30/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
I don't know if this was announced during the webcast or not, but I just heard in the Box Score podcast that the 6 players(3 from demo, 3 from pre-order) will be available as DLC. If anyone cares lol
I would sooner download Regis Philbin if he was available as DLC.

# 171 BA2929 @ 05/30/12 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You could create a Heisman player in NCAA 12, give him 99's in various ratings and you will have NCAA 13 Heisman Mode minus the interview videos.
Just couldn't let him be excited for a little bit, could you.

# 172 BA2929 @ 05/30/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I know what you mean, I explained in another thread that I'll always buy the game regardless because it's the only college football game available. It's either I buy it and have a college football game, or don't and have nothing. Also the game isn't $150, it's what $65 with tax? I know that's steep to some but if I somehow justify spending that much on beer every friday night then I can manage to "gamble" and pay $65 for a game once every July.

It's whatever, everyone has opinions, my life isn't ruined because it isn't as good as last year or what have you. I'm not going to be upset cause I "wasted" $65. If it sucks, I'll still play it, if it's good, I still play it.
Actually, it's $45 on amazon.

# 173 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/30/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Actually, it's $45 on amazon.
well dip me in crap and roll me in bread crumbs.

# 174 Pezell04x @ 05/30/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
But yet the player models look exactly like every other player in the game. They didn't even get their facemask right.
Look pretty good to me (taken from the trailer):

# 175 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
Yeah I watched it. You must not have. Since they looked exactly the same as other player models.

And yes face,ask is important. They'd had what 16? Players to make. They should have got every detail down.

Like I said. Look at Amy picture of walker and ware. They look nothing like they do in NCAA 13. It's pathetic
I can't find decent pics of Walker and Ware in NCAA 13, but looks like they did a good job with RG3.

# 176 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 04:34 PM
What is
Hardcore: complain about anything that's not dynasty ..
Casual :find a mode they like and don't worry about the others thaey don't....
I think ill be casual ....

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

# 177 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x

Yeah his facemask looks right, actually everything does, except for the jersey.

# 178 BA2929 @ 05/30/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Yeah his facemask looks right, actually everything does, except for the jersey.
Well, it's not 100% accurate, so why bother with the mode? Right? Am I right or am I right?

# 179 gogators @ 05/30/12 04:43 PM
I could just care less about playing the mode with a player and putting him on another team, another decade, with arcade slow-mo. So just because Eddie George thinks it's cool to put himself on another team, EA thinks it's worth for a new game mode. Please.

# 180 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x

People are to hate blind to see this

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.