Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Gamesradar, Rich Grisham has posted his NCAA Football 13 preview and a couple of new Box Score podcasts with Ben Haumiller.

Quote:
On the cusp of E3, we've got a two-part show breaking down NCAA Football. In Part 1, Rich Grisham and Ben Haumiller discuss everything NCAA Football, including what it’s like to be ‘the face’ of the game, the differences between old style ‘climb-the-QA-ladder’ game designers and newer ones that come from design school, as well as dive into the core gameplay updates to this year’s game.

In the second part, they chat about the web and mobile tools that will help recruiting in NCAA Football, how the Madden and NCAA teams have consolidated some core features, the impact of the real-life changes to conferences on the game, and tons more.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/30/12 04:26 PM
Some good info in Part 2 about tracking and fixing possible errors better. Specifically in regard to transfer fails.

# 2 Playmakers @ 05/30/12 06:24 PM
For the hardcore fans...

While casuals make up big numbers, hardcore NCAA fans are extremely vocal and more than ever help the development team prioritize features. The biggest result of this has been the implementation of a new Read and React defensive system, which eliminates the ‘psychic’ defensive backs and super-powered linebackers that have made passing so difficult in recent seasons. That in and of itself – allowing a player to see an open man and throw it to him without being artificially punished by a turbo-charged DB or LB making a pick – should go a long way in making the game more fun to play.

The new ball trajectory system will also give experienced players a new level of control, creating the ability to effectively place the ball where it should be based on a number of factors. Shovel passes will happen when a receiver is just a few yards away, while dropping a medium pass over a linebacker is also possible. With more than 20 trajectories, many passes that used to be impossible will no longer be so.

HEY EA WHAT ABOUT HARDCORE FANS WHO WANT TO SEE THE CPU PLAY HARDCORE RIGHT BACK AT YOU?

# 3 DerkontheOS @ 05/31/12 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
For the hardcore fans...

While casuals make up big numbers, hardcore NCAA fans are extremely vocal and more than ever help the development team prioritize features. The biggest result of this has been the implementation of a new Read and React defensive system, which eliminates the ‘psychic’ defensive backs and super-powered linebackers that have made passing so difficult in recent seasons. That in and of itself – allowing a player to see an open man and throw it to him without being artificially punished by a turbo-charged DB or LB making a pick – should go a long way in making the game more fun to play.

The new ball trajectory system will also give experienced players a new level of control, creating the ability to effectively place the ball where it should be based on a number of factors. Shovel passes will happen when a receiver is just a few yards away, while dropping a medium pass over a linebacker is also possible. With more than 20 trajectories, many passes that used to be impossible will no longer be so.

HEY EA WHAT ABOUT HARDCORE FANS WHO WANT TO SEE THE CPU PLAY HARDCORE RIGHT BACK AT YOU?
Every time I read one of your post I say to myself." If OS had a president this guy would get my vote every year."

# 4 chi_hawks @ 05/31/12 07:54 AM
I truly do hope they fixed the super LB's and psychic DB's. Haven't seen near enough real gameplay footage to comment on this but regardless of what else they do with this years game, if the core gameplay is still broken, the rest really doesn't matter IMO.

# 5 noplace @ 05/31/12 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
For the hardcore fans...

Lol... Would having the game play like its real life counterpart really offend casual gamers? EA kills me with trying to present real football elements as something new. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again “ Football is entertaining & fun enough as it is on the field” Making it play as close as possible to what we see on TV would cement EA as the true kings of football gaming. Yet they are still playing catch up to a game that damn near 10 yrs old.

# 6 roadman @ 05/31/12 10:26 AM
Heisman Challenge is the first feature they discuss?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.