Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 News Post

We have just posted some new Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 screenshots.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Preview Round-Up

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ps3veron @ 05/31/12 11:57 AM
Read the Eurogamer article and on a side note; Everyone is marketing the end of the current gen when we haven't even got confirmed rumors on the next gen! I expect at least another 2 PES' " mainstream development" games on the PS3/360 before we are told that the production priority is now on the PS4/720.

Having said that, I used to adore PES (PS2 days) and its sad that its no longer considered to be the go to soccer sim. But every year we are told the same thing at preview stage but it just feels off.

With all due to respect to Seabass, the game does need a new direction and I'm hoping we get a little more shine this year than the last in the game because those of us who played PES on the PS2 knows the potential of the game.

As of the Eurogamer article, it seems like its a "tweak and baby steps" year, I still haven't got that sense of radical redesign. That's not a bad thing considering PES 2012 wasn't a bad game. However, this game needs to re-introduce the thrill of soccer in order to stand up to that bigger rival that's just been doing a ground and pound over the last few years. Will OS be covering PES this year?

# 2 KG @ 05/31/12 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Read the Eurogamer article and on a side note; Everyone is marketing the end of the current gen when we haven't even got confirmed rumors on the next gen! I expect at least another 2 PES' " mainstream development" games on the PS3/360 before we are told that the production priority is now on the PS4/720.

Having said that, I used to adore PES (PS2 days) and its sad that its no longer considered to be the go to soccer sim. But every year we are told the same thing at preview stage but it just feels off.

With all due to respect to Seabass, the game does need a new direction and I'm hoping we get a little more shine this year than the last in the game because those of us who played PES on the PS2 knows the potential of the game.

As of the Eurogamer article, it seems like its a "tweak and baby steps" year, I still haven't got that sense of radical redesign. That's not a bad thing considering PES 2012 wasn't a bad game. However, this game needs to re-introduce the thrill of soccer in order to stand up to that bigger rival that's just been doing a ground and pound over the last few years. Will OS be covering PES this year?
Seabass isn't the lead designer anymore.

# 3 kelvinmak @ 05/31/12 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Will OS be covering PES this year?
Probably the usual: demo impressions, review, and then a number of follow up features. I would've loved to gone to the event (if not just for the trip to Sao Paulo ) but alas, I wasn't invited.

I loved the PS2 version of PES myself too. I think it was 5 or 6, where everything about the gameplay just felt totally organic and unscripted (I know it probably wasn't the case, but hey, nostalgia is a powerful thing). Nothing-- FIFA or PES-- I've played since has managed to capture that brilliance.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.