Home
News Post

The NFL has announced it is keeping the Pro Bowl and making sure it stays in Hawaii the week before the Super Bowl. With the game being a complete disaster the last couple of years, it's a surprise to some the NFL even opted to keep the game. Our question to you is: is the game really worth saving and if so, what would you do to ensure it's a success?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 41 wwharton @ 06/05/12 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Id be all for the probowl being linked to the superbowl.

People may actually go to the game if it wont cost them a 500 dollar ticket and 500 dollar hotel fee to go to Hawaii. And hey, players would be a part of superbowl week and the guys who are out of the game due to being in the superbowl can make a cameo and enjoy the atmosphere.
I think it has to be both linked AND not an actual game. They switched it to the SB site just a year ago, and then promptly moved it back to Hawaii. The players that already don't really care to go seem to care even less if it's not Hawaii. I think you could get all participating players there AND have a fan event with the skills competition at the SB site. It could also make it just a celebration for the players voted, while the competition can include other players (like the NBA all star Saturday or the Home Run Derby).

# 42 TheMatrix31 @ 06/05/12 07:56 PM
Kill it dead.

# 43 sydrogerdavid @ 06/05/12 11:06 PM
The only way I will watch the Pro Bowl is if the teams start caring and real football rules are used (3-4 defense, linebacker blitz). Maybe they could also experiment with using team uniforms. Home using color, away using white, similar to baseball, helmets aren't enough. If not this, at least use some decent uniforms.

With that being said, the Pro Bowl is not worth saving.

# 44 jasontoddwhitt @ 06/06/12 09:09 AM
There needs to be some fundamental changes. The fact is these multi-millionaires don't care about the actual game. It's turned into flag football with pads. I couldn't even tell you the last time I watched a Pro Bowl, but I always watch the MLB and NBA All-Star games. I think Pro Bowl Weekend can be saved, but let's make it interesting.

Still have recognition for All-Pro players, but instead of competing in a game, have them compete in positional skills competitions where prize money goes to their choice of charity.

As for an actual game, instead of it being for the All-Pros, make it a game between Rookies and Sophomores. They're still young enough where they might give a crap.

# 45 kingkilla56 @ 06/06/12 09:26 AM
The risk in a football allstar game outweighs basketball and baseball. We will never get full effort or contact by the players. And I think that is for the better in the grand scheme of things.

The more I think about it; I dont know about the longevity or mass appeal that a skills competition would have after the first few years.

# 46 wwharton @ 06/06/12 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
The more I think about it; I dont know about the longevity or mass appeal that a skills competition would have after the first few years.
I don't know about that. If they put on some QB competition from 10 years ago I'd watch it today. We all want to know who can throw the farthest, who's the most accurate, who's the fastest man in the NFL, etc. Some of us sit and watch hours of the combine... no doubt in my mind a skills competition would get tons of love.

# 47 da ThRONe @ 06/07/12 04:11 PM
I think the Pro bowl is behind the 8bal for two major reasons. Guys don't want to get hurt for a meaningless game, and football is a sport that requires too much cohesiveness that can't be established in one week. The only way to fix the Pro Bowl is to give break bread with the player (giving the winner significant more money) and having it several weeks after the seasons over none of which I see happening.

# 48 da ThRONe @ 06/07/12 04:13 PM
Who doesn't love the skill challenge? Why did they take it off the air anyways?

# 49 adriano @ 06/12/12 12:16 AM
Do competitions, but also do fun things. Do a Wipeout NFL show..lol

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.