Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

On June 4th at 10:00 PM EST, make sure you tune into SpikeTV's E3 coverage.

According to the latest Ronnie2K tweets, they will showcase an NBA 2K13 gameplay video featuring the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder. They will also show us the new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 501 jersez @ 06/07/12 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I don't know why you're gettin all pissy like I offended you or somethin. Chill out. You're not even understanding what I'm asking; you're too busy catchin feelings because I'm not completely accepting what you say as irrefutable fact.

Now again, explain to me why Parker can't do that to LeBron if Monta Ellis can do it to Blake Griffin.

Even if that WAS true, which I'm not sure it is, Parker might be stronger than Ellis anyway.
Lol you don't even know me. So how are you going to say I'm angry? How do you read my previous comment and figure I'm angry? I am tired of discussing this very basic knowedlge with you. I have already told you how and why. There nothing else for me to explain. If you want to see Parker bumping someone twice his size play 2k12. The funny thing is the vids you posted proved my point. Strength and Quickness play a role when driving to the hoop. If you can't understand that simplistic statement. Then too bad go back and read my comments if you want too. I'm going to be mature and end this conversation.

# 502 RyanFitzmagic @ 06/07/12 07:57 PM
If you want to see Parker bumping someone twice his size play 2k12.

Or if I want to see a PG bumping someone much bigger and stronger, I can watch real life basketball. You have no case, and I'm sick of you trying to act like I'm the one not making sense here.

# 503 Paul Pierce_OS @ 06/07/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
If you want to see Parker bumping someone twice his size play 2k12.

Or if I want to see a PG bumping someone much bigger and stronger, I can watch real life basketball. You have no case, and I'm sick of you trying to act like I'm the one not making sense here.
Dude, he just tired to stop arguing with you. Your the one who continued it, and exactly what good comes out of this argument?

# 504 RyanFitzmagic @ 06/07/12 08:44 PM
Excuse me for wanting people to make sense. I suppose I should lower my interpersonal standards.

# 505 jersez @ 06/07/12 09:21 PM
I want to personally apologize for getting into a childish arugement that means nothing, like paul pierce stated. I help derailed this thread and if the devs are reading this, there are a lot of great ideas in here. I hope you've read them and continue to interact with the sim community. I apologize for my part, because this was very immature. I don't do internet beefs, and this was out of my character.

# 506 nip83 @ 06/08/12 06:23 AM
If i may make a suggestion,especially regarding 2k devs hanging around on this forum,please please,don't change the post game.

Yes this game needs fixes(the speed issue,bumping,sliding,passing,fast breaks) but there is one thing that was perfect in 2k12 and that was the post moves.

Sometimes in order to fix issues we see changes that were better implemented in previous installments(e.g. double clutch layups on 2k11 and the horrible contact layups on 2k12).

If there is one thing that needs tweaking is perhaps the effectiveness of some post moves for guys that are not post threats.Yes not all big guys are hakeem but this is an issue of careful roster editing.And more signature animations for post moves are not bad either.(By the way those shimmy fade shots ,executed moving away from the basket,were really sick)

But please don't take away the one thing that ,i personally enjoyed the most in 2k12.

A longtime fan of the series...

# 507 silverskier @ 06/08/12 08:51 AM
Post moves need more contact between players, removing some free buckets because of this. It is also necessary to limit some players in their movements in the post and how they perform them and later, why not, give more post moves. But I think that now they have to correct the issues in the post before adding new moves

# 508 ataman5 @ 06/08/12 02:01 PM
Knowing that Mike and Chris will check this thread out, i wanted to quote myself with a post i've made to another thread under the name of 'OA is broken'. I just want them to read and get it done right this time.

OA is flawed, an awful unfinished game mode which couldn't be any worse than how it is managed now.

It is falsely advertised by 2k developers in their insights, they lied to us!

As for that i will never ever trust what they say until i see and experience with the reviews and on my own.

So it's nothing but beating a dead horse that's how it will be for you.

I stopped running my own as it doesn't worth the trouble. We play tha game we spent time to have some relaxed good moments within our lifes, but this mode is full BS A to Z.

They tricked us by saying things in their dev insights. Full of lies!

Adding this with the situation of the 2k servers, here is your madness!

# 509 Da_Czar @ 06/08/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Jesus in Heaven...

A double-clutch layup is NOT an up-and-under. You're WRONG. Just live with it.
HILARIOUS !!!

# 510 NINJAK2 @ 06/08/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
If i may make a suggestion,especially regarding 2k devs hanging around on this forum,please please,don't change the post game.

Yes this game needs fixes(the speed issue,bumping,sliding,passing,fast breaks) but there is one thing that was perfect in 2k12 and that was the post moves.

Sometimes in order to fix issues we see changes that were better implemented in previous installments(e.g. double clutch layups on 2k11 and the horrible contact layups on 2k12).

If there is one thing that needs tweaking is perhaps the effectiveness of some post moves for guys that are not post threats.Yes not all big guys are hakeem but this is an issue of careful roster editing.And more signature animations for post moves are not bad either.(By the way those shimmy fade shots ,executed moving away from the basket,were really sick)

But please don't take away the one thing that ,i personally enjoyed the most in 2k12.

A longtime fan of the series...
I agree but they do need to lower the effectiveness of that post spin(Tapping Y and quickly tapping it again). That move is way too effective and needs to be toned down a tad imo.

# 511 ataman5 @ 06/08/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I agree but they do need to lower the effectiveness of that post spin(Tapping Y and quickly tapping it again). That move is way too effective and needs to be toned down a tad imo.
Yea it really is way too effective, great point! Overall i think it is under the Speed Problem again.

So speed and fatigue are to be looked on very carefully.

# 512 silverskier @ 06/09/12 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Look at how lebron uses his strength, quickness and length the affect his opponents shots.

My point is I'm not saying he is bulldozing, "riding" riding is not the same as bodying the ball handler this thread has already been through the whole argument. So this is just an example that I hope one day 2k can replicate. Again I what I'm saying is not the same-thing you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
@Beluba

This man brought up a good example of how we want the defensive stance to work in NBA 2k13. Notice how Lebron doesn't necessarily STOP Durant from driving (As it is now it's an ALL or NOTHING thing when on defense. You either bump him or he blows past you) but he's still able to direct him towards an angle?

This would work wonders in providing us tools to stop the offense because we can steer them towards the help D, or, if they opt to shoot a jumper allow us to still contest. It would also work in giving us realistic layup animations (Which is what I was eluding to earlier. That Westbrook layup was a perfect example). As of now, we usually don't get an authentic layup attempt and instead get those infuriating "into the defender's body" layup attempts that were just terrible.

Now, what would also enhance driving to the rim is to make strength matter more into which layup attempts are triggered, how much contact they can absorb without adversely affecting the shot (IE, being able to finish in a smooth motion), and how often And 1's fall in. Player's like Lebron, D-Rose, Tyreke Evans, they all drive to the rim hard and absorb contact (strength rating) but are also able to finish the play (layup rating). Someone with a higher strength, like for instance, most of the big men in the NBA are more likely to convert on contested layup attempts since that's all they have to do which is finish around the rim.

I know the Shot In traffic rating affects this also, but if you guys could make that solely for things like dribble pull ups and hitting contested jumpers this would help the game IMO.

Having unique layup animations such as having a PG or SG lay the ball high off the glass so it won't be blocked would be nice. It'd also help with visually showing how dominant a shot blocker (or someone with a high block rating.... bah you guys know what I mean ) can be. Nothing more irritating than laying the ball up with George Hill or Marcus Thornton, and seeing me inexplicably miss, especially when the big man is just near the paint. There's no VISUAL CUE to let me know he's affecting my shot just by being there because the BALL isn't shown to be altered any differently. It just looks like a normal layup. This would immensely help if you guys could somehow implement ball-arcing on layups due to shot-blockers/big men.

Maybe good finishers would be less affected by something like this (which would of course tie into the layup rating)?

Is this something that could be implemented in 2k13?
this please

# 513 Moonwalker26 @ 06/10/12 01:58 PM
@Beluba I was wondering if you guys can make jump shots more versatile. Most all of the Jumpers in 2k12 were so straight up and had no leg movement. I would be nice to have mare faders and leaners for basic jump shot movements.

# 514 NINJAK2 @ 06/14/12 04:31 PM
Apologize if this has been shown already. It's a Konsole Kingz interview from E3 with Erik of 2k sports with some little info on defense.

http://www.konsolekingz.com/site/ind...tag/2k-sports/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.