Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

On June 4th at 10:00 PM EST, make sure you tune into SpikeTV's E3 coverage.

According to the latest Ronnie2K tweets, they will showcase an NBA 2K13 gameplay video featuring the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder. They will also show us the new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 JerzeyReign @ 06/03/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
Please you can not watch a game and tell if something is truly fixed or not. Maybe the person knows when to push the damn turbo button and that is allowing him to keep up with Westbrook.
So maybe if we all learned when to push the right button at the right time everything would be good instead of the community crying something is wrong and causing them to mess something else up, right?

No matter how you 'Negative Neds' slice it, a gameplay video this early is good. Pick that thing apart!

# 102 JazzMan @ 06/03/12 04:44 PM
It'd be amazing if in 2k13 we could adjust a players wingspan, or at least be able to change the length and width of specific body parts rather than just height and weight

# 103 videlsports @ 06/03/12 07:26 PM
I just Hope both games will be good, I know 2k will be good though, because of the track record.(IMO) I don't play my player , association etc, just gameplay and online for me. So far I did not have to much trouble over the years. I Hope 2ksports announces more games soon

# 104 Phreezy P @ 06/04/12 12:21 AM

# 105 blues rocker @ 06/04/12 10:13 AM
I'm grateful for the early gameplay vid, but I'm not expecting the video to reveal much. It's way too early for them to reveal anything significant, and it's hard to notice real gameplay improvement from a quick clip that only lasts few seconds...you need to see at least a few minutes of uninterrupted gameplay to get a feel for how the game behaves.

I'm guessing tonight's video will just show a bunch of fancy new signature animations to provide eye candy for casuals...which is what the video is likely designed for. The video isn't made for hardcore fans, it's made to rope in casual basketball fans by showing off flashy animations. That's my take.

That being said, I'm still happy to be seeing a video this early.

# 106 KSOR24 @ 06/04/12 11:47 AM
It so happens that at 7:00 I have a mandatory meeting for the high school basketball team followed by tryouts right after .__.

# 107 Iadf @ 06/04/12 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSOR24
It so happens that at 7:00 I have a mandatory meeting for the high school basketball team followed by tryouts right after .__.
Young man go dunk on those suckers and remember to use cheese tactics.

# 108 erickonasis @ 06/04/12 12:42 PM
Cant wait....Only game i am truly looking for every year

# 109 STLRams @ 06/04/12 03:00 PM
I don't know why it seems like 2K is showing gameplay alittle early this year, maybe its just me. I'm curious to see what direction NBA2K13 will go. The past couple of years its been about past legends (which I love) but alot of people felt like NBA2K12 was alittle bit of a let down with the slow passing, lack of online stability, lobbies, and other issues. With another NBA game set to release along with 2K's, I'm curious to see what NBA 2K13 will have instore for us.

# 110 RellyBaby @ 06/04/12 04:56 PM
I just saw a short snippet of Live 13 at E3. It looks AMAZING graphically. Game play wise..... we'll have to wait and see.

# 111 jersez @ 06/04/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyZix
Madden has RTP... Live could have it... 2K may be in trouble... lolololol
Yeah this year is going to be a good year for NBA gamers.

# 112 KSOR24 @ 06/04/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RellyBaby
I just saw a short snippet of Live 13 at E3. It looks AMAZING graphically. Game play wise..... we'll have to wait and see.
Do you have a link?

EDIT: I have to say, this looks pretty dope:
http://www.examiner.com/article/e3-2...sheet-revealed
For some reason on the fact sheet they didn't include any hint at a my player mode. Did they scrap Become Legendary?

# 113 Vni @ 06/04/12 06:39 PM
Is spike tv a stream? Do we have to see it live? Or will it be avaible on the website anyway?

# 114 jersez @ 06/04/12 06:41 PM
Player models still needs some work but the graphics look decent, have to see it in motion tho.

# 115 TreyIM2 @ 06/04/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Pasta has an article on Live. There was something real nice like mentioned about some new animation system of sorts. Could be a refined RTP engine that didn't pan out in Elite 11.

# 116 mlp111 @ 06/04/12 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Pasta has an article on Live. There was something real nice like mentioned about some new animation system of sorts. Could be a refined RTP engine that didn't pan out in Elite 11.
from that small clip i seen, animations are still stiff looking, graphics look good, not great, but good

# 117 Saviour @ 06/04/12 09:31 PM
Quote:
The mere fact that Madden has gone RTP, along with NHL and Elite was supposed to have it 2 years ago shows me that EA is seriously trying to win its fans back. If 2K does not have RTP then they are just ignoring us and are willing to continue to piss us off with this no control overly animated version of basketball. The game is more frustrating than it is fun because you never feel like you are executing moves that YOU wanted because of the stupid canned animations. For the love of god 2k, scrap this engine and embrace the future that BackBreaker has shown everyone. EA has....no its your turn.

# 118 KSOR24 @ 06/04/12 09:36 PM
I know this sounds stupid but whichever company (if) integrates Game Face (most likely EA) in their my player mode I'll get their game. Realistically speaking though I'm probably going to roll with Live this year unless the reviews are bad. I'd like to get both but i don't think I can, especially if I'm saving up to get BLOPS 2

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

# 119 iLLosophy @ 06/04/12 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Link for the stream of the gameplay?
http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

Hasn't started yet, still showing this awful PS3 book

# 120 foo55 @ 06/04/12 10:10 PM
just a heads up but it looks like its about to happen right after this commercial

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.