Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

On June 4th at 10:00 PM EST, make sure you tune into SpikeTV's E3 coverage.

According to the latest Ronnie2K tweets, they will showcase an NBA 2K13 gameplay video featuring the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder. They will also show us the new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Hassan Darkside @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
Hard for me to see much because I'm at my friends place and it's in SD, but...

-Off-ball movement looks much better. The Spurs players were constantly moving. I felt like 2k12 regressed in that department and players always made annoying cuts nullifying dribble kickouts.

-Westbrook played like himself, got the rebound and pushed the ball all the way to the basket.

-Dunk contest is guitar hero style. Players begin their gather in slow mo and you have to hit a series of buttons/button combinations in order to execute the dunk.

# 142 iLLosophy @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
My bad people. Looks like either this isn't live or they are watching a different event.

# 143 kjjnesb @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
Its really early to make judgments but it looked like more of the same. I also don't know why but the players always looked kinda washed out to me color wise was hoping they'd up the brightness on them.

# 144 ANT_P1989 @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
Honestly that was lame. The "Dunk Contest" is a button masher now?! HAHA. Pitiful.

# 145 bigeastbumrush @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
That was so...blah.

No spacing or collision detection on Manu's drive to the hoop.

Crowd sounded and looked good.

But that did not meet my expectations.

# 146 kolanji @ 06/04/12 10:22 PM
spacing is the thing that jumps right at ya front and foremost......the animations so far seems fluid even more so with the change of pace dribble moves even

slam dunk is a mini game QTE type thing which is not bad but might take some getting used to

impressed so far to be honest

# 147 VDusen04 @ 06/04/12 10:24 PM
I have to be honest, the way you guys are describing the dunk contest makes it sound horrible.

Gameplay-wise though, I'm not thinking you guys should have been expecting to see anything too removed from 2K12 at this point. Even previews we see in August and September seem to come from age-old builds at that point, so again, early June has never been a good indicator.

# 148 youvalss @ 06/04/12 10:24 PM
I didn't even catch it, but I'll assume 2K did what they always do - wait for Live to show its face before releasing something fresh.

# 149 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/04/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
That was so...blah.

No spacing or collision detection on Manu's drive to the hoop.

Crowd sounded and looked good.

But that did not meet my expectations.
Only thing I noticed.

# 150 Vni @ 06/04/12 10:24 PM
Anyone recorded it?

# 151 eko718 @ 06/04/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
I really wasn't that impressed especially by the guitar hero dunk contest
Yeah. Not quite what I expected.

# 152 Bearsfan1 @ 06/04/12 10:25 PM
They have to change player movement though. I hate the spontaneous momentum thing that comes out of thin air. It has to be a smooth transition and not so sudden. Still a lot of player sliding I saw going on. There really wasn't one thing that was any different from the previous game so for the people that didn't catch it, you didn't miss anything.

# 153 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/04/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I have to be honest, the way you guys are describing the dunk contest makes it sound horrible.
Jason Argent described it simply as being "a ton of fun".

# 154 Mark James @ 06/04/12 10:25 PM
Is there anywhere I can see the NBA 2K13 footage? I don't have SpikeTV and missed it on the livestream.

# 155 MavsManiac4Life @ 06/04/12 10:26 PM
Nothing good came out of this for me. Guitar hero controls on the dunk contest? Really? 2K10/11 controls were amazing, should've just kept those. And I'm not feeling the new scoreboard.

# 156 JBreezeNY @ 06/04/12 10:27 PM
Tried defending 2k13 but I don't know anymore. That dunk contest made me sick to my stomach & the gameplay in the Sa/OKC clip still looks sketchy.

Yes that was only 15-20 seconds but defense & spacing still look the same. Still much more time for longer gameplay videos but......smh

# 157 Goffs @ 06/04/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
LOL it is just think guitar hero with the buttons scrolling down on the right side while you see Blake going through the motions on the left. It was a wtf moment for me....

It's just...just seems so out of place for me...

player models look the same to me which is expected and I still don't see players sweat but it's still early...

# 158 jersez @ 06/04/12 10:28 PM
The game graphically looks the same but the animations and dribbling looks improved. I caught it towards the end hope its post online soon. Like I said the game graphically will be improved so I'm not complaining about the graphics. But the game looks so smooth, they will improve the graphics everyone don't be too upset.

# 159 MavsManiac4Life @ 06/04/12 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James
Is there anywhere I can see the NBA 2K13 footage? I don't have SpikeTV and missed it on the livestream.
Can't you go back in the livestream? I was able to when they showed Live earlier in the day.

# 160 jmo2278 @ 06/04/12 10:30 PM
Saw a few new animations, guy playing didn't seem to be to good though. Player models may be a bit slimmer but it was hard to tell because it was off screen. Presentation is tweaked a bit with new score overlay and wipes. Dunk contest is like a guitar hero like mini game. Nothing groundbreaking at this point but most of us were not expecting too much this early. They didn't mention online at all though, hopefully they are saving for a later insight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.