Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

MLB 2K12 patch v 1.2 should arrive in the next 24 hours for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Check out all the details below.

General
  • Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.
MLB Today & MLB Today Season
  • Fixed crash in MLB Today based on schedule updates
  • Fixed crash when restoring default roster.
  • Fixed to properly use the date/time from the schedule to determine time of day for the game.
Gameplay
  • Fixed the rate on bad swing reactions, which was sometimes nearly 2x while player took several steps on camera
  • Improved the look of gathers in certain uncommon situations.
  • Fixed the "auto pitch" bug after a double switch.
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when making decisions to advance and retreat with a ball in play.
  • Improved the playability of rundown throws. Previously they were too hard due to the fill speed of the throwing meter
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when tagging up and launching from a base.
  • Improved the player’s paths when leaving the field and heading back to the dugouts.
  • Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.
  • Added a missing pause timer in the pitcher substitution menu.
  • Improved the outfielder reaction for online games. Users won’t miss balls that should be caught due to slow reaction times.
  • Adjusted pitch speed slider settings for ALLSTAR and LEGEND difficulty levels. This increases the difficulty for online gameplay.
  • Fixed exchange of team rival information to eliminate a divergence.
  • Exchanged inside edge data prior to franchise invite games to fix a divergence.
My Player
  • Fixed bug where game length could be set to 3 innings by setting it in Play Ball.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when looking for season goals.
  • Fixed a bug with career messages not properly adding when the list is full. This issue led to a crash on PS3.
  • Fixed a bug where a pitch speed would decrease after completing a drill reward.
  • Fixed a bug where off-speed pitches decrease in speed after receiving an award from a drill.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stcardinal @ 06/04/12 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSFKid
I don't think anyone of us don't realize it's just a game.

But when you pay $60 every year for a product which is flawed, and basic gameplay fixes aren't implemented we have every right as a consumer to be a little irked at the company responsible.

Of all the gameplay issues that could be tweaked (MLB Today, crashes, fielding, camera issues etc.) they spent months working on an animation to make the walk back to the dugout more realistic?
Whoever paid $60 for this game needs to reevaluate how they spend money. The game can be had for 20$ and now $10 on amazon...

# 42 TheSFKid @ 06/04/12 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcardinal
Whoever paid $60 for this game needs to reevaluate how they spend money. The game can be had for 20$ and now $10 on amazon...
We don't all play on the PC you know ....

# 43 TjJunior @ 06/04/12 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So because you CHOOSE to pay " $60.00 every year for a product which is flawed" you blame 2k? How about wising up and not wasting your money. If your comment is true than you have only yourself to blame. How about complaining by not spending your money. I swear, I'm starting to believe that some of you could not go ONE YEAR without purchasing one of these games even when you know you will be disappointed and that's sad.

Thanks for saying that so I don't have to. Its like running into a brick wall and complaining because its there. I still play 2k8, it seems like that any game that came out afterwards by 2K not starting with nba has been going downhill ever since. They all have the fundementals for the represented sport, but lack the pick up and play appeal that is demanded these days. I just tweak sliders. By the way, if you say that you don't have time to tweak sliders because you are so busy, then don't waste time telling someone. Spend that time to tweak your sliders and get the desired gameplay.

# 44 wudl83 @ 06/04/12 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont1998
2k's Internet forums page says there is.

Whatever that means, lol

Sent from my LG - E510 using Tapatalk 2
There isn't. Show me the forum page that says there is one. I was in the forum and did not find anything like this.

EDIT:
I found it...my bad.

# 45 mlb08 @ 06/04/12 03:57 AM
Is the patch out all??

# 46 fjackson18 @ 06/04/12 05:27 AM
Patch out as of 2:20am PST

# 47 dubcity @ 06/04/12 06:31 AM
Only 3 mb.

Played one game, didn't notice if the players ran back to the dugout less awkwardly than before. They still do that thing in-between innings where they jog full speed, then they stop for no reason, and walk the rest of the way.

# 48 vermont1998 @ 06/04/12 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjackson18
Patch out as of 2:20am PST
Downloaded

Sent from my LG - E510 using Tapatalk 2

# 49 nbman @ 06/04/12 10:12 AM

# 50 Blazzen @ 06/04/12 04:26 PM
Patch is better than nothing. I was expecting no patch at all this year.

Game was decent before the patch. Hopefully this patch makes it better and doesn't plug leaks in some places while creating new ones.

# 51 av0930 @ 06/04/12 08:19 PM
Does Anyone know if the PC patch will load automtically when starting the game or if it has to be downloaded, then installed? Reason i ask is that i played a game last night and i swear it ran smoother and played an awesome game of baseball (thanks hetefield426's for your sliders, they are awesome!!!)

# 52 Fiddy @ 06/05/12 11:31 AM
is it me, or do the guys run after fly balls/ground balls smoother post patch? also settle under fly balls a lot smoother as well.

or am i just imagining that?

# 53 shogunofharlem3 @ 06/05/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
is it me, or do the guys run after fly balls/ground balls smoother post patch? also settle under fly balls a lot smoother as well.

or am i just imagining that?
I was thinking the same thing. Looks real good in my opinion.

# 54 Fiddy @ 06/05/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I was thinking the same thing. Looks real good in my opinion.
ok at least im not the only one seeing that LOL..

i put speed on 0 for outfield and infield players and it was smooth as silk when ball was in play. before, you would notice a lil delay or slow down. now everything seems just smooth 99% of the time. very weird!!

# 55 maxsilverhammer1 @ 06/05/12 06:03 PM
I dont normally chime in on this site but I read alot of posts on here. Im pretty critical of games but I dunno to me this game plays a pretty realistic game of ball. The pitching /batting battles are really good. The ability to tweak sliders that actually work to set up a good simulation of the sport. The patch got really hammered be4 it even dropped but Ive played three games and notice a significant improvement on infield play with no more akward timing/missteps or funky lookin gathers. I also think the outfield play is smoother transition wise. Overall this game is VERY SOLID. I remember the years of no working scoreboards and invisable walls around the outfield so Ive played alotta 2k baseball. To me when Im playin the marlins and walk reyes and the next guy bounces a slow roller to first and I look at second and see reyes is gonna make it so I cancel my throw and just step on first THATS BASEBALL. Then the awesome announcing says thats reyes using his speed and then goes into the top rbi guys in the last 10 games thats pretty dayum good. Hell if the Yankees batting helmets were the right color.....dare to dream.....

# 56 mcarr74 @ 06/05/12 06:51 PM
General
  • Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.\ WHEN U UPLOAD SCREENSHOTS WHERE DO U GO TO VIEW THEM?

# 57 dubcity @ 06/05/12 10:16 PM
So, now between innings pitchers will be walking to the dugout and they'll stop in mid step. Everyone else around them is moving along, and they are standing there like a statue. Never happened pre-patch. So, great.

# 58 mdiggitydawg @ 06/05/12 10:52 PM
wow what a LAME patch...really? I care how the players leave the field?

Another reason why 2K stunk with this license and series...

so I guess every grounder up the middle will still be fielded by my second baseman who will throw to third instead of first for an infield hit.

I actually have fun with this except for frustrating things like this, and had hoped someone would patch...guess i was wrong...again.

# 59 ruffrow28 @ 06/06/12 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsilverhammer1
I dont normally chime in on this site but I read alot of posts on here. Im pretty critical of games but I dunno to me this game plays a pretty realistic game of ball. The pitching /batting battles are really good. The ability to tweak sliders that actually work to set up a good simulation of the sport. The patch got really hammered be4 it even dropped but Ive played three games and notice a significant improvement on infield play with no more akward timing/missteps or funky lookin gathers. I also think the outfield play is smoother transition wise. Overall this game is VERY SOLID. I remember the years of no working scoreboards and invisable walls around the outfield so Ive played alotta 2k baseball. To me when Im playin the marlins and walk reyes and the next guy bounces a slow roller to first and I look at second and see reyes is gonna make it so I cancel my throw and just step on first THATS BASEBALL. Then the awesome announcing says thats reyes using his speed and then goes into the top rbi guys in the last 10 games thats pretty dayum good. Hell if the Yankees batting helmets were the right color.....dare to dream.....
Yeah, I did notice that after I applied the patch, the outfielders do seem smoother now.

# 60 JBH3 @ 06/06/12 11:03 AM
Sorry if this was mentioned in the previous 8 pgs, but does anyone know if the patch by chance fixed the CPU AI when making decisions on pinch hitters?

I have played multiple gms where the Cpu leaves in a reliever for a bottom of 9th 1 run ballgm at bat.

Did they fix that issue perhaps? For anyone who has played post-patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.