Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

MLB 2K12 patch v 1.2 should arrive in the next 24 hours for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Check out all the details below.

General
  • Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.
MLB Today & MLB Today Season
  • Fixed crash in MLB Today based on schedule updates
  • Fixed crash when restoring default roster.
  • Fixed to properly use the date/time from the schedule to determine time of day for the game.
Gameplay
  • Fixed the rate on bad swing reactions, which was sometimes nearly 2x while player took several steps on camera
  • Improved the look of gathers in certain uncommon situations.
  • Fixed the "auto pitch" bug after a double switch.
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when making decisions to advance and retreat with a ball in play.
  • Improved the playability of rundown throws. Previously they were too hard due to the fill speed of the throwing meter
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when tagging up and launching from a base.
  • Improved the player’s paths when leaving the field and heading back to the dugouts.
  • Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.
  • Added a missing pause timer in the pitcher substitution menu.
  • Improved the outfielder reaction for online games. Users won’t miss balls that should be caught due to slow reaction times.
  • Adjusted pitch speed slider settings for ALLSTAR and LEGEND difficulty levels. This increases the difficulty for online gameplay.
  • Fixed exchange of team rival information to eliminate a divergence.
  • Exchanged inside edge data prior to franchise invite games to fix a divergence.
My Player
  • Fixed bug where game length could be set to 3 innings by setting it in Play Ball.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when looking for season goals.
  • Fixed a bug with career messages not properly adding when the list is full. This issue led to a crash on PS3.
  • Fixed a bug where a pitch speed would decrease after completing a drill reward.
  • Fixed a bug where off-speed pitches decrease in speed after receiving an award from a drill.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yeats @ 06/06/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Sorry if this was mentioned in the previous 8 pgs, but does anyone know if the patch by chance fixed the CPU AI when making decisions on pinch hitters?

I have played multiple gms where the Cpu leaves in a reliever for a bottom of 9th 1 run ballgm at bat.

Did they fix that issue perhaps? For anyone who has played post-patch.
Considering that particular issue has been in the game since at least MLB 2K5, I'm guessing it didn't get fixed in the last patch this series will ever see, heh.

# 62 wudl83 @ 06/06/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Considering that particular issue has been in the game since at least MLB 2K5, I'm guessing it didn't get fixed in the last patch this series will ever see, heh.
Sorry mate but this hasn't been an issue for me in 2k11...It became a problem for me in 2k12, but in 2k11 I saw the CPU bring in pinch hitters at the right time and not letting relievers take an AB.

But this problem becomes abysmal when you see the SU pitch in the 8th, then bat in the 9th before the CPU brings in the CL for him....

# 63 Yeats @ 06/06/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudl83
Sorry mate but this hasn't been an issue for me in 2k11...It became a problem for me in 2k12, but in 2k11 I saw the CPU bring in pinch hitters at the right time and not letting relievers take an AB.
It's been a problem in every 2K baseball game for seven years now, never been fixed.

# 64 JBH3 @ 06/06/12 03:31 PM
Quote:
When they patched 2K11 they fixed this though, was hoping they would've fixed again for 2K12.

# 65 wudl83 @ 06/06/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
It's been a problem in every 2K baseball game for seven years now, never been fixed.
Nah, I would bet that it has been no problem anymore after that patch last year.

# 66 Yeats @ 06/06/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
When they patched 2K11 they fixed this though, was hoping they would've fixed again for 2K12.
Oh okay my bad, I play 2K11 without a patch and the CPU never pulls pitchers in the 9th inning when it should.

# 67 Yeats @ 06/06/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Nah, I would bet that it has been no problem anymore after that patch last year.
So the question is: If 2K11 was broken like that last year pre-patch but then they fixed it, how in the world did 2K12 get released with the same broken programming logic that was originally in 2K11? Good grief.

# 68 Hunkerdown @ 06/06/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
is it me, or do the guys run after fly balls/ground balls smoother post patch? also settle under fly balls a lot smoother as well.

or am i just imagining that?
Fielding and running definitely smoother. I have played over 60 games in franchise with my sliders and having a blast. Only headache for me was fielding and running, now that it is smooth,

# 69 wudl83 @ 06/06/12 04:53 PM
Quote:
So the question is: If 2K11 was broken like that last year pre-patch but then they fixed it, how in the world did 2K12 get released with the same broken programming logic that was originally in 2K11? Good grief.
I was really surprised and quite pissed when I realized that this flaw did occur again. I can't give you the answer. My guess is that the answer could be spelled "2k". ^^

# 70 wudl83 @ 06/06/12 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Fielding and running definitely smoother. I have played over 60 games in franchise with my sliders and having a blast. Only headache for me was fielding and running, now that it is smooth,
Are there any changes noticeable regarding the problem that the cutt-off man doesn't advance the ball to homeplate although he could while a runner comes home? If fielding and baserunning looks smoother and the thing I stated is fixed than 2k12 could be a big game. If only the pinch hitting would be adressed.

# 71 vermont1998 @ 06/06/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately this is just right

Sent from my LG - E510 using Tapatalk 2

# 72 geisterhome @ 06/07/12 07:35 AM
what abt tje pc patch?

# 73 JBH3 @ 06/07/12 09:54 AM
Quote:
Oh okay my bad, I play 2K11 without a patch and the CPU never pulls pitchers in the 9th inning when it should.
Quote:

Quote:
I was really surprised and quite pissed when I realized that this flaw did occur again. I can't give you the answer. My guess is that the answer could be spelled "2k". ^^
Only solution now it would seem is to make the move for the CPU, but I think you would need to wait until you unlock all of the profile related achievements before switching sides in-game in order to make lineup corrections for the CPU. That way your profile still gets credit for the in-game stuff you do. Otherwise if you don't care about achievements then just take control of CPU team to make their in-game subs.

# 74 wudl83 @ 06/07/12 10:27 AM
To be honest I do think that there aren't any achievements for the PC version, right? At least I never noticed anything like that, although when switching sides while the game is going on a notification shows up (I never read it, to be honest, don't care for anything like that).

# 75 Yeats @ 06/07/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Only solution now it would seem is to make the move for the CPU
That's what I've been doing with this series since forever, heh. I've even subbed in defensive replacements and pinch runners for the CPU. You don't really play as a manager in MLB 2K, you play as commissioner/god.

# 76 JBH3 @ 06/07/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
That's what I've been doing with this series since forever, heh. I've even subbed in defensive replacements and pinch runners for the CPU. You don't really play as a manager in MLB 2K, you play as commissioner/god.
Agreed LoL. I control all teams in my franchise, and I will make in-game subs once I get those achievements out of the way.

# 77 mkharsh33 @ 06/07/12 04:22 PM
Gameplay is no doubt smoother... BUT just as dumb as it's always been.

Example: I had a runner at 1B and hit a routine double-play ball to 2B. He JUST STOOD THERE...and then, after it was WAY too late, threw the ball to 1B. I then proceeded to score 4 more runs...but it felt cheap.

Typical 2K... Plug one hole, but leave many still undone. Even after the patch, I'd give this game a 7.0 on a scale of 10. Not terrible, but still light years away from being a solid, simulation like baseball experience.

# 78 dubcity @ 06/07/12 07:42 PM
I wish they would make errors (as in plays that are counted/scored as errors) more accurate/realistic. Seems like it's impossible for a user controlled outfielder to commit a fielding error. A ball could be hit to me, I could literally not press a button, or I could even run in the opposite direction, allow the ball to go by me, and I won't get charged with an error. Ever. And all of the runs off of those plays are earned, of course.

Just now I threw a curveball in the dirt, it went by the catcher, the announcers referred to it as an error, but it didn't show up on the boxscore/scoreboard.

# 79 p00p1 @ 06/07/12 08:39 PM
It's not an error on an outfielder unless they drop the ball or make a bad throw.

# 80 dirtboyz @ 06/08/12 12:07 AM
The pitch is a passed ball not an error. The announcers AI logic is wrong calling it an error

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.