Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just announced in the E3 EA Press Conference: Real Time Physics are in Madden NFL 13 in what is dubbed the Infinity Engine. Cam Weber stated on stage, "No two plays will be the same."

What do you think of what you have saw from Madden thus far today?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlehman3422
Any information on zig-zag running? is this still as bad as M12?

Haven't heard anything specifically, but judging purely off of the vids, the running animations looked pretty poor still, but slightly better. Spin animation looked much improved. Juke was a little better as well.

How they control is a different story and will only be answered with hands-on time.

# 182 jcass10 @ 06/05/12 02:07 PM
Stupid question, but I'm a noob. What exactly is real time physics?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

# 183 Aftershock9958 @ 06/05/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass10

Basically it's accounting for a player's size, mass, momentum, speed, etc and using that to decide bodily reactions to things, in this case how players' bodies will react to collisions.

# 184 UH53 @ 06/05/12 02:22 PM
NCAA 13 Demo is up on the 360.... Let the judging can begin!

# 185 bigdoc85 @ 06/05/12 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcass10

Fancy marketing terminology to make you buy the game!

# 186 UH53 @ 06/05/12 02:24 PM
Let the judging begin!

# 187 MiNiDiTkA @ 06/05/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
Thanks for the heads up.Will post some gameplay video later on.

# 188 Entiae @ 06/05/12 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
The physics engine is not in NCAA 13 though.

# 189 huskerwr38 @ 06/05/12 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp3500
The physics engine is not in NCAA 13 though.

That is a huge let down. Is anyone even going to want to play NCAA after playing Madden?

# 190 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Mosey to the sticky of E3 videos and take a look at the last video by team xbox and take a gander at the OL/DL interactions.

Just watched the Team XBox videos and... the OL/DL interaction was the same lol. Shot after shot of the OL and DL standing in front of each other bumping chests and high fiving until the DL came completely clean with a special move. It was all pretty standard Madden fair, which is to say, bad.

No riding animations. No lateral engaged movement. The Infinity Engine Preview article posted says the same.

There was one good looking rush animation towards the end, but that was more a hand fighting and pushing the OL back then really being engaged and taking the corner, which is what we need. It was similar to the hand fighting vids we saw before Madden 10 came out and they were showing how Pro-tak affected WR/DB and OL/DL interactions that never came to pass.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but there was nothing there that said we are approaching even 2K OL/DL interactions, let alone RTP OL/DL interactions.

# 191 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
That is a huge let down. Is anyone even going to want to play NCAA after playing Madden?

That's why they release it first.

# 192 TheKasmar @ 06/05/12 03:37 PM
I'll be curious to see how this engine will impact the kicking game in both blocks and collisions.

# 193 Cryolemon @ 06/05/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
I'll be curious to see how this engine will impact the kicking game in both blocks and collisions.
Good point. It'll be interesting to see whether it's now actually possible to block field goals.

# 194 roadman @ 06/05/12 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Just watched the Team XBox videos and... the OL/DL interaction was the same lol. Shot after shot of the OL and DL standing in front of each other bumping chests and high fiving until the DL came completely clean with a special move. It was all pretty standard Madden fair, which is to say, bad.

No riding animations. No lateral engaged movement. The Infinity Engine Preview article posted says the same.

There was one good looking rush animation towards the end, but that was more a hand fighting and pushing the OL back then really being engaged and taking the corner, which is what we need. It was similar to the hand fighting vids we saw before Madden 10 came out and they were showing how Pro-tak affected WR/DB and OL/DL interactions that never came to pass.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but there was nothing there that said we are approaching even 2K OL/DL interactions, let alone RTP OL/DL interactions.

As I mentioned in the Preview thread, we already knew that from a webcast in April. They said, no overhaul, just tuning of OL/DL.

No surprise.

Madden 14 to look forward for that.

# 195 BrianFifaFan @ 06/05/12 06:36 PM
Not trying to sell anything here, but I can say from my time with Fifa, especially after the latest update, that you need to see physics in action to understand the difference it makes in gameplay. Now, to be fair, I've not used Infinity, only Player Impact Engine in Fifa. It will need some heavy tuning. Like Victor Lugo was talking about in the latest video, Muscle Tension is key. Fifa had a lot of problems getting the player weights, joint stiffness and muscle tension down with Fifa 12. It took them 2 patches to get it right. That said, as I play Fifa as it stands today, it feels awesome.

Now I feel that one of the major things that has to be understood is that it doesn't create animations, it drives them. The OL/DL won't be fixed until the animations (and A.I.) are there. Hence the same "patty cake." Also it will cause huge problems with the P.I. logic, holding, etc. That was big big problem with Player Impact Engine 1.0 in Fifa. It's all getting upgraded this year for Fifa 13. I guess my overall point is this; if you haven't played Fifa, you'll have no idea what a big deal this is. For a football title, it will be an even bigger deal because of the advanced nature of the contact. You can "meh" this if you want. It really is a huge game changer.....

# 196 gamerk2 @ 06/05/12 06:39 PM
Agree with some of the posters here; this is clearly year one of a major overhaul, so it isn't shocking the Infinity Engine isn't running everything yet. Right now, looks to be mainly tackling, but in theory, it could take over for just about everything down the road.

# 197 Broncos86 @ 06/05/12 06:44 PM
Lots of guys on these boards said "zomg, look at NHL 12! So awesome with the physics!" And nobody understands that said physics were installed slowly.

# 198 DeuceDouglas @ 06/05/12 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerk2
Agree with some of the posters here; this is clearly year one of a major overhaul, so it isn't shocking the Infinity Engine isn't running everything yet. Right now, looks to be mainly tackling, but in theory, it could take over for just about everything down the road.
I can almost assure you that OL/DL interaction will be a big one that gets looked at for M14. If this Infinity stuff is all it's cracked up to be this year, and this is only the beginning? Oh man...

# 199 maltliquor84 @ 06/05/12 10:03 PM
This is awesome news. How many of us have been crying for years about this? Looks like EA finally listened to us.

Though I am trying not to get my hopes up. I'll reserve judgment for when the demo posts on Xbox Live which I hope is SOON!!

# 200 taytaygang @ 06/05/12 10:23 PM
Sounds great, looks like the game will be a little less reptative.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.