Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just announced in the E3 EA Press Conference: Real Time Physics are in Madden NFL 13 in what is dubbed the Infinity Engine. Cam Weber stated on stage, "No two plays will be the same."

What do you think of what you have saw from Madden thus far today?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 bakesalee @ 06/05/12 01:06 AM
To the people saying it looks great, where can I see a video? I didn't see a link anywhere. Thanks

# 162 sparkdawg777 @ 06/05/12 01:28 AM
Had recorded the EA press conference on Spike and didn't get to watch it until now but this is how I feel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WizIoHp1YU

# 163 Moegames @ 06/05/12 01:37 AM
Wow.. just got home from work to see the good news.. nice!!! Hope they will reveal more info though.

Hopefully in the next day or so we'll get some regular gameplay footage,etc. I believe and i could be wrong but the next day at E3 is where they open the floors for everyone to try demo's,etc? Yes? No?

Anyways.. im really glad to see some REAL improvements to the engine..

Things i am hoping to see in the coming days..

1. Play-by-Play commentary

2. The new presentation aspects in motion (cut scenes, half time stuff, offline franchise,etc) Personally dont care about online stuff.

3. How the running game is this year

4. Plethora of in-game footage

5. The camera options

So far so good.. i couldn't believe the trolls in here bashing the game after this big "physics engine" announcement for Madden...come on peeps..give the dev's some props..they have done a ton of improvements this year..more than any other year i can think of.

# 164 adriano @ 06/05/12 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
To the people saying it looks great, where can I see a video? I didn't see a link anywhere. Thanks
Google, the Ray Lewis Ad.. It shows some of the real time physics, they have been talking about...Its a pretty good commercial..

# 165 Moegames @ 06/05/12 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
I've heard this same line before. Maybe they implemented what NHL did. But I see a lack of gang tackling.
You see a lack of gang tackling ...froooooom? 60 seconds of total footage we've seen thus far? Come on, pal..give a little slack.

Let me remind some of you guys again not to judge a book by its cover..in other words.. lets wait and see and give Madden 13 its fair chance at proving itself a winner. One thing i see around here is doubt..while i honestly understand the "doubt" thing.. this new madden shows major promise so far. Lets leave the dissecting of the game until we actually are playing it ..or at least until we have ample in-game footage on video to analyze..and even than its still not really fair to hold judgement until the game goes gold. I been disappointed with madden for as far back as i can remember..but i still tend to be a fair guy with everyone and everything when it comes to change.. i have my doubts too..but i am not a hasty fool that judges an unfinished game.

# 166 raidertiger @ 06/05/12 03:12 AM
First day buy. Congratulations EA, I am so pumped.

# 167 Cryolemon @ 06/05/12 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Obviously, you're too young to remember the Geraldo Rivera special *Opening Al Capone's Vault* on live TV
Lol, I'm too young to remember that, but I have read about it.

# 168 BezO @ 06/05/12 08:22 AM
RTP looks great. It should make for some spectacular highlights.

# 169 djordan @ 06/05/12 08:28 AM
Man... I had one of the best nights of sleep in a loooooooooong time. I swear I had about 5-6 dreams just thinking of all of the great tackles and big hits that will happen with this new physics system lol.

# 170 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 10:27 AM
I am beyond excited that they have (finally) added RTP into the game. It has been a LONG time coming.

Here's where I pour a bit of cold water on the coals lol. From the footage that we've seen so far, while it looks pretty impressive in comparison to what we had, the animations are still on the poor side. It's great that the players react to impacts that they never did before, but the actual representation that the game draws leaves a lot to be desired for me.

I'm still excited, and still impressed that they at least made an attempt at doing something like this, I just wish that their animation tech was more up to the task of showcasing this great addition.

Very happy with the strides the team has made for this year's game, but unfortunately, as usual, they still have a ways to go. Especially if OL/DL interactions remain the same.

Overall good job though.

# 171 roadman @ 06/05/12 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I am beyond excited that they have (finally) added RTP into the game. It has been a LONG time coming.

Here's where I pour a bit of cold water on the coals lol. From the footage that we've seen so far, while it looks pretty impressive in comparison to what we had, the animations are still on the poor side. It's great that the players react to impacts that they never did before, but the actual representation that the game draws leaves a lot to be desired for me.

I'm still excited, and still impressed that they at least made an attempt at doing something like this, I just wish that their animation tech was more up to the task of showcasing this great addition.

Very happy with the strides the team has made for this year's game, but unfortunately, as usual, they still have a ways to go. Especially if OL/DL interactions remain the same.

Overall good job though.
Was looking for your opinion. Mosey to the sticky of E3 videos and take a look at the last video by team xbox and take a gander at the OL/DL interactions.

# 172 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
You see a lack of gang tackling ...froooooom? 60 seconds of total footage we've seen thus far? Come on, pal..give a little slack.

Let me remind some of you guys again not to judge a book by its cover..in other words.. lets wait and see and give Madden 13 its fair chance at proving itself a winner. One thing i see around here is doubt..while i honestly understand the "doubt" thing.. this new madden shows major promise so far. Lets leave the dissecting of the game until we actually are playing it ..or at least until we have ample in-game footage on video to analyze..and even than its still not really fair to hold judgement until the game goes gold. I been disappointed with madden for as far back as i can remember..but i still tend to be a fair guy with everyone and everything when it comes to change.. i have my doubts too..but i am not a hasty fool that judges an unfinished game.

Why do we have to speak only in superlatives about Madden, when there is little info, and not say anything negative? If there isn't enough info to say anything negative, there isn't enough info to say anything positive either, is there?

# 173 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Was looking for your opinion. Mosey to the sticky of E3 videos and take a look at the last video by team xbox and take a gander at the OL/DL interactions.

Lol. My reputation precedes me.

I'm definitely excited, don't get me wrong, but I have to tell the whole story. Some things looked good, and a lot still doesn't.

Particularly any plays where there was an air tackle involved. It looked very unrealistic and hearkened back to the Ortiz days of air tackles in Madden 07, 08, etc. Outcome didn't look realistic at all.

The animations where the runner was tripped looked good. Some others looked good too.

Overall, the addition of RTP is great, but it doesn't make up for the fact that I have always thought that their animation system was poor, and it is, unfortunately, still poor. RTP makes it look a little better than previous though.

I'll check out those vids.

# 174 LuGer33 @ 06/05/12 10:51 AM
Quote:

Overall good job though.
I think for a first crack, it looks pretty good. The animations and physics certainly won't be flawless this year. Look how much FIFA stumbled out of the gate w/ its impact engine last year, but made impressive strides with patches and FIFA 13 is really looking sharp.

I'd give it a chance (both at launch and after a title update or two) before deciding one way or the other whether this new Infinity Engine & related tech disappoints.

# 175 Aftershock9958 @ 06/05/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Particularly any plays where there was an air tackle involved. It looked very unrealistic and hearkened back to the Ortiz days of air tackles in Madden 07, 08, etc. Outcome didn't look realistic at all.
They mentioned that the engine takes into consideration muscle tension, and that they were still tuning that aspect of it.

I did agree that a few of the in-air hits were a little over the top, but hopefully their tuning can reel that in.

# 176 dlehman3422 @ 06/05/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Lol. My reputation precedes me.

I'm definitely excited, don't get me wrong, but I have to tell the whole story. Some things looked good, and a lot still doesn't.

The animations where the runner was tripped looked good. Some others looked good too.

Overall, the addition of RTP is great, but it doesn't make up for the fact that I have always thought that their animation system was poor, and it is, unfortunately, still poor. RTP makes it look a little better than previous though.

I'll check out those vids.
Any information on zig-zag running? is this still as bad as M12?

# 177 Dime nR @ 06/05/12 12:16 PM
Hey guys, just wondering when Madden 13 will be showed on the floor? Really want to see full gameplay vids!!

# 178 22cedric @ 06/05/12 01:10 PM
I think when the next gen consoles come out that all EA Sports games will have realtime physics. Physics will play a big factor in the next gen I believe.

# 179 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I think for a first crack, it looks pretty good. The animations and physics certainly won't be flawless this year. Look how much FIFA stumbled out of the gate w/ its impact engine last year, but made impressive strides with patches and FIFA 13 is really looking sharp.

I'd give it a chance (both at launch and after a title update or two) before deciding one way or the other whether this new Infinity Engine & related tech disappoints.

On the contrary, I never expected it to be perfect on their first try. Far from it. I do find it interesting how many people are saying to give it a chance and it's their first try. Curiously I heard none of that for Backbreaker, but I digress...

I am giving it a fair shot and there is a good chance I buy the game. The implementation of even a beta type RTP combined with the passing trajectories and the new (hopefully) more useful Precision Passing, are changes that are most welcome and make the game much more playable than it has been. By the same token, I'm not going to pretend that I don't see flaws when I obviously do, and I'm not going to refrain from voicing my opinion on said flaws.

We don't have all the info, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on what little info there is. Just like everyone else is doing when they see little info and say "first day buy for sure."

# 180 Only1LT @ 06/05/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock9958
They mentioned that the engine takes into consideration muscle tension, and that they were still tuning that aspect of it.

I did agree that a few of the in-air hits were a little over the top, but hopefully their tuning can reel that in.

Not saying it can't get better. Just saying what I saw looked pretty cartoonish/ Ortiz-ish.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.