Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 21 I_Pierre @ 06/04/12 05:51 PM
CPU Proposed Trades Finally!!!

I'm so happy.. I'm Mad

# 22 SnakeEyez @ 06/04/12 05:52 PM
This is sounding pretty awesome.

# 23 azdawgpound @ 06/04/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I keep hearing about playing as a coach, player, etc. and being released or fired. If I just want to play a Chiefs franchise for 30 seasons like in M12, does that mean I would start my franchise as Romeo Crennel? Or is there a sort of Owner option where you can fire the coach and bring in a new one?

well seeing as hes the HC now and will be when u start franchise unless they give an option to fire him because they say how u do in practices and pre season effects the game. so maybe u can fire him before the season starts if u dont want him as HC.

# 24 PacMan3000 @ 06/04/12 05:58 PM
This sounds great, but like someone else, I hope they answer this Or clarify it. If I'm in a single player franchise, and as the Browns coach, I get fired after 3 years, am I forced to create a completely fictional coach to continue coaching the Browns? Do I get reincarnated as whoever becomes the NEW coach of the Browns? Curious how that works.

# 25 bigeastbumrush @ 06/04/12 05:58 PM
My head is spinning at the amount of information thrown at me.

This is potentially sick if they're able to pull it off the way I'm understanding it.

# 26 Azcardinal32 @ 06/04/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertony25
My only concern is that the immersion between NCAA and Madden, most notably via the import/export of draft classes, is being lost. I'm interested in how we can still keep that. Sorry, I have no interest in a 32-person online experience.
Pretty sure that we can still import classes, otherwise why have the new projected draft position thing in NCAA? I think we can still import but you just wont get a backstory for a few players and Trey wingo wont pop up during draft

# 27 cheapargentina @ 06/04/12 06:06 PM
Will they be doing a webcast on playbooks 4 and 5? If so when? And where can I watch it I've missed the others and watched them later on YouTube.

# 28 Stroehms @ 06/04/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Just read the blog. Great stuff. It's like Fifa's Career Mode,

ON STEROIDS! #cantwaittoplayMadden!
You should have a Twitter so I can just retweet your posts instead of just liking them on here. Lol.

I'm in Mad(den) Love with what this game will bring.

# 29 Nev @ 06/04/12 06:09 PM
Liking the new xp system in CC and the fact that potential is gone! Finally.

With us being able to choose how we progress our players, does it mean people can just make every player on their team 99 speed?

That could be a downfall of the new feature.

# 30 Jet Sufferer @ 06/04/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
so i take it you guys are excited? did i oversell it a few weeks ago?
Nothing personal, but if this is the "bomb" you were referring to, it's a massive oversell for me who is only interested in gameplay. I just want a game that I can sit down with and play for hours against the CPU and have a simulated organic gameplay experience.

Don't get me wrong, if this kind of thing is what you guys like I'm glad for you. I don't get all Dungeons and Dragons or text sim with my sports games, I'm happy to just have a one off exciting game or 2 or 3.

A bomb for me would be blowing up the whole gameplay structure and starting over which I've been begging for for a while. Looks like the single player Madden gamer will again be bitterly disappointed. It started with Madden 06 so I'm really used to it by now so I'll get over it. It's kind of like a reverse birthday or something, a holiday where I get a really bad gift.

I hope I'm wrong, but Madden is 0 for 7 for me this gen, my biggest gaming disappointment by far. Tiger 13 is fun though with the Country Clubs and tournaments, maybe I'll have to try playing Madden online with the Tradition Sports guys and see if I can squeeze some enjoyment out of the game that way this year.

# 31 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
Nothing personal, but if this is the "bomb" you were referring to, it's a massive oversell for me who is only interested in gameplay. I just want a game that I can sit down with and play for hours against the CPU and have a simulated organic gameplay experience.

Don't get me wrong, if this kind of thing is what you guys like I'm glad for you. I don't get all Dungeons and Dragons or text sim with my sports games, I'm happy to just have a one off exciting game or 2 or 3.

A bomb for me would be blowing up the whole gameplay structure and starting over which I've been begging for for a while. Looks like the single player Madden gamer will again be bitterly disappointed. It started with Madden 06 so I'm really used to it by now so I'll get over it. It's kind of like a reverse birthday or something, a holiday where I get a really bad gift.

I hope I'm wrong, but Madden is 0 for 7 for me this gen, my biggest gaming disappointment by far. Tiger 13 is fun though with the Country Clubs and tournaments, maybe I'll have to try playing Madden online with the Tradition Sports guys and see if I can squeeze some enjoyment out of the game that way this year.
Are you aware of this?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-13-a.html

# 32 Broncos86 @ 06/04/12 06:11 PM
Quote:

So the new physics does nothing for you, eh?

# 33 CerebrumMusica @ 06/04/12 06:14 PM
Quote:

Infinity engine! CC is GREAT, but the real "bomb" was the new physics engine. This will (hopefully) give you what you want, more organic gameplay.

EDIT: you guys are fast!

# 34 Jet Sufferer @ 06/04/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Well, yes now I am excited.

I thought the Connected Careers was the "bomb" and the RTP wasn't happening, well hallelujah, Madden may be good this year!

I clicked on new posts saw this thread and thought the "bomb" would be here, apparently it isnt!!

# 35 Automatik @ 06/04/12 06:17 PM
Is it hard to "level" up your player. Like say I want to have Champ Bailey's MCV 99. Or is going to be easy and someone can have Tom Brady at 90 speed etc...?

# 36 DeuceDouglas @ 06/04/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforsure
Yikes 1 point for half a season.. that might be too difficult
I think it's more of a thing to where the amount of XP it costs to from 93 to 94 is way higher than it is for a lower attribute. So while it's 49k from 93 to 94 it's only 2k from 70 to 71, 3k from 71 to 72, etc.

# 37 Automatik @ 06/04/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It is extremely difficult to improve on ratings. There was one point I tried to bump shaun rodgers BSH from 93 to 94 and it was 49K plus points. It would take me almost half of a season to upgrade that attribute. http://forums.traditionsportsonline....-it-all.78658/
Alright thanks.
Damn that good to know, so I'm assuming positions that don't require certain ratings (QB=speed, K/P=tackle) will be harder to get or is that me just dreaming? haha

And do players like Bailey/Woodson(older players) have a harder time upgrading ratings while players hitting their prime(Rodgers/LeSean McCoy) is a little easier or it just doesn't matter?

# 38 Mparas1432 @ 06/04/12 06:29 PM
How does DPP affect XP points? Are there still streaks and stuff like that.

All of this sounds amazing, but I really liked DPP. Hopefully it's not completely gone.

edit: Also in terms of "retiring"

Is there an option for players to switch coaches/players/teams without having to retire that player? If I want the CPU to control my created coach while I am now another player, is that possible as well?

# 39 JWR3232 @ 06/04/12 06:32 PM
At first when I saw this was unimpressed but after reading josh loomans blog I'm really excited for this I may buy madden now

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

# 40 Smooth Grizzly @ 06/04/12 06:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you can have multiple of these careers?

In one of my "careers" could I have a superstar on a team and my friends have superstars on other teams in the league, or maybe all play for the same team if that's possible? On another career I could just play as you would in an online franchise as in M12?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.