Home
News Post

From Jon Robinson's interview with EA Sports' Andrew Wilson, we found out today that EA Sports is not currently working on nor negotiating a deal with major league baseball:

Quote:
"The 2K Sports third-party exclusive with MLB recently expired. Are there current negotiations taking place between EA Sports and Major League Baseball?

No, we’re not. Do I like baseball? Absolutely, I’m a huge baseball fan. But right now, we’re focusing on the franchises we’ve got. We’re focused on doing the UFC, and making it big and global. Is there an opportunity for us to do something with baseball one day? I hope so. But are we doing anything with baseball today? It’s just not something we’re working on right now."

This obviously has major implications because if that is true, and if no one else is stepping up, there will not be a new baseball game for XBox 360 owners next year. The good news is that Wilson seems pretty much is open and ready to do baseball again, but it's likely it'll be for 2014 and not 2013.

XBox 360 owners and baseballs fans: what are your plans with what looks to be a baseball-less 2013 on the horizon?

Member Comments
# 41 Knight165 @ 06/15/12 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
and find The Show to be vastly overrated.
You can turn in your gamer card any time now!

M.K.
Knight165

# 42 bkrich83 @ 06/16/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
history.. you act like what happened in the past will ALWAYS happen in the future. it's flawed logic.
It's really not. It's called a trend. Again, think before you post.

# 43 bkrich83 @ 06/17/12 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
"History of mediocrity" is only an opinion. You have millions of EA gamers who preferred this to 2K et. al. Even when a 2K game showed superiority for a given year. And I, for one, typically leaned the 2K direction.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with MVP. Currently, between the sliders, cam views and datafile that I use (and helped construct). It can play a solid sim game of baseball. And that's the point.

Think before YOU post.
There plenty wrong with it starting with the ridiculous hitting and pitching interface.

If you're comparing it to that abortion of a game 2k developed then yes I can see why you would think MVP was better than it really was. I'll never understand the praise that game gets.

The one thing it did well was the fielding interface. Still hasn't been matched by any game today. MVP was the definition of mediocre.

# 44 PVarck31 @ 06/18/12 12:51 AM
Everyone was already warned by another mod to stay on topic. You couldn't do it so I'm closing it.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.