12:59 PM - June 11, 2012 by Steve_OS
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Check out the new NCAA Football 13 Road to Glory screenshots, right here.
EA SPORTS REVEALS FINAL NCAA FOOTBALL 13
PLAYBOOK #5: “ROAD TO GLORY”
PLAYBOOK #5: “ROAD TO GLORY”
The fifth and final EA SPORTS NCAA® Football 13 feature playbook, “Road to Glory”, is now available on the NCAA Football 13 playbook page. As first unveiled in Playbook #4: Heisman® Challenge, the experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with Reaction Time. This feature slows down gameplay during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and opening up more opportunities as you sense how the play will unfold. In addition, NCAA Football 13 lets you customize your experience in Road to Glory with all-new Scouting Reports that detail the upcoming week of practice and Difficulty Options that allow users to choose their challenge.
First introduced in Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge, Reaction Time throws players into slow motion for a limited amount of time each play. Reaction Time may be limited, but players can refill the meter by scoring touchdowns, converting first downs and making big plays. Once players release the trigger for Reaction Time the game seamlessly transitions back to full speed. Every camera angle for Reaction Time was tuned to bring fans as close to the action as possible without losing track of what’s happening on the field.
While functional in both Heisman Challenge and Road to Glory, Reaction Time in Road to Glory is based completely off a user’s Awareness Rating. The higher a player’s Awareness Rating is, the larger their Reaction Time meter grows. While players may not start off with a large amount of Reaction Time, those who invest in improving their Awareness will eventually see significant dividends.
Fans will be greeted with a Scouting Report when entering the brand new College practice facility, which is now equipped with two fields for separate Offensive and Defensive practice. The all-new Scouting Report details important information about the upcoming week of practice – including which players to practice with and what playbooks will be used.
In addition to a brand new College practice facility, more than eight new High School stadiums have been added to Road to Glory, with a variety of backdrops ranging from small towns in the middle of cornfields to downtown of a metropolitan city. These new stadiums bring to life a diverse atmosphere in Road to Glory, especially when importing TeamBuilder teams.
A highly requested community update, NCAA Football 13 now allows you to adjust the difficulty modes in Road to Glory. Each level affects your progression for Coach Trust leveling system, XP progression system and gameplay, Players can choose from difficulty settings ranging from Freshman for beginners to Heisman Difficulty for the ultimate challenge.
For those of you that missed the webcast, The Gaming Tailgate has posted plenty of details.
Road to Glory Improvements:
- Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
- Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
- Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
- Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
- Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
- Unique cameras for each position
- Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs_
- Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
- New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
- Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
- 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
- New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System) Records: School & NCAA Records)
- Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity