Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

While most of the Madden NFL 13 news out of E3 seems to be positive, we now have something that could turn into a very big issue. Especially if you enjoy roster editing or use edited rosters created by others.

There seemed to be some confusion about edited rosters. More specifically, if edited rosters could be used in Connected Careers Mode.

I sent a few messages to Justin Dewiel, Community Manager at EA Sports earlier this afternoon and received the following responses.

Quote:
You can edit rosters outside of CC. But you can’t bring them into CC.

If you start a new CCM career after one of Donny Moore’s releases you can start with that new roster.

Basically, we have to rely on Donny Moore's roster updates, throughout the season, instead of grabbing updated rosters from the many talented roster editors out there, or simply editing on our own.

Jean Adams, Art Director for Madden NFL 13, mentioned the following, in his presentation blog, which was posted in late April.

Quote:
Mixing and matching the new NIKE uniforms, cleats, face masks, sleeves and other yet to be released gear will keep me and many gamers out there in edit player for hours.

Hmmm. I somehow doubt many gamers will be playing around much in edit player, if we can't use the edits in anything other than a Play Now session.

Josh Looman, Madden NFL 13 Senior Designer mentioned on Twitter the following glimmer of hope.

Quote:
We just ran out of time. It will be in there at some point in the future.

Does he mean Madden NFL 14 or could the Madden NFL 13 team add the editing ability in a Title Update or fix the issue before its August 28th release date? I think I speak for everyone, when I say the sooner, the better.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jerwoods @ 06/11/12 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yes, you can.
Steve btw I love this place i wish i couild be more positive about these sports games but i just got a new PS3 in march and my NBA 2k12 just stop playing i think i cleaned it too much I know the Madden team works very hard on these games i just am disappointing is all

# 102 AussieChiefsFan @ 06/11/12 09:43 PM
Well if I could use the user made rosters at all this would be a bigger issue for me. But I have pal games

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

# 103 JayInSaratoga @ 06/11/12 09:44 PM
As a software developer by trade I've often defended the Devs on here when people were making unreasonable claims about how the 'botched' the one thing they wanted to see.

This is not one of those times. Working on things like fun story lines and fake twitter accounts is a case of gold plating the toilets while forgetting to finish the plumbing. How can you leave out a foundation feature of the franchise experience, especially when 'you can edit anything in franchise' was one of the big selling points fr Madden 12?

# 104 Knickerbocker @ 06/11/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm pretty sure i saw a stat somewhere on here before that one of the writers from OS or someone else posted that showed more people play offline than online.
Lol as I said before. OS has a mostly offline user base, which doesn't mean that the game does.

# 105 edaddy @ 06/11/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Well, I guess this is a case of taking the good with the bad. The bad, of course, being that we can't edit our OWN rosters & take them into franchise. The good, to a degree, is that we can use Donny's rosters in our franchise.

I'm ok with Donny's rosters as long as they continue to provide player authenticity (equipment, facemasks, etc). They've done a good job w/ making players appear true to life the last two years. It'll only suck if say real life Dez Bryant stops wearing a visor and alas, I won't be able to fix it. Ugh...
Hey man I am assuming that you were at the Community events this year along with other game changers if so was the idea of no roster editing brought up by EA and if so what was the response by you guys ..just curious !!! If you were not a part of it then just ignore the question..You sound just as suprised as us..thanks!!

# 106 jerwoods @ 06/11/12 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I feel the same way. With the exception of the ability to change rosters, they hit niche groups the hardest with no 32 team control, no fantasy draft, and no NCAA import. Obviously the player editing is something that affects a large number of people as well but I think there is also a lot of people that either aren't affected or devastated by it.
I admire u for finding the positive in this but EA Through that only 5-10 Percent Edit when its closer to 40-60 Percent

# 107 moylan1234 @ 06/11/12 09:58 PM
It's ridiculous to claim roster editing is only for a niche audience when every major sports title released today has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
"After some discussion, we agreed that Franchise mode is yours to control and that we needed to give you the ability to edit the ratings of any player in Franchise mode, whether they are veterans or the rookies you just imported from NCAA Football.

If you want some QB you imported to be an 85 overall because you won the Heisman with him, you’re welcome to edit him to be that high. It’s all up to you"
- Josh Looman EA Blog Madden 12

Man funny how just ONE year can change huh??? This was for Madden 12
that's what I'm trying to figure out. did he get brainwashed or something?

# 108 TrapStar215 @ 06/11/12 09:59 PM
WOW!!!!! This games needs to be pushed back ASAP!!!!!!!!!

# 109 TreFacTor @ 06/11/12 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
How does the game differentiate between your roster & Donny's? Aren't they both going to just look like saved rosters?
The way the roster is saved (naming etc), or simply two different saves. Since everything is connected with the exception of play now, wouldn't be hard to lock out a save.

Now that I think about it, the game could simply check for the right roster like it already does and simply refuse to function if the roster file isn't correct. Wouldn't surprise me at this point.

# 110 BengalsFan99 @ 06/11/12 10:04 PM
if Josh doesnt fix this before Aug 28th, Im switching my preorder to Hitman, damn shame I already had $20 on Madden 13 due to trades!

# 111 Eastsidestory5 @ 06/11/12 10:05 PM
I wouldn't mind having this game pushed back to get this "worked" in.

# 112 crenk @ 06/11/12 10:07 PM
Guys come on,
yeah we have lost all customization in the game and franchise as we know it is dead, but have you heard the news............we now got Trey f'ing Wingo dropping twitter feeds on us. wooooooooooo hoooooooooo!

# 113 HHHBigFan @ 06/11/12 10:09 PM
Any chance this gets "added" before August? (Or via patch after August?)

# 114 DMorganU44 @ 06/11/12 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
It has become more and more evident that CC is an online first mode as very little consideration has been given to the offline gamers.

And I'm not buying the not enough time excuse they've blatantly sacrificed consumer functionality for scripted storylines and events that would most likely be broken if we we're to edit our own roster or create our own rookies in mass.

So in Madden 13 with imports gone no pre/in CC roster edits I can essentially only have one created player in the entire damn mode.... That is not a revolutionary career mode that is several steps backwards and signs of an unfinished mode.
Thatīs almost my perception...

I do think this new CC mode has everything to make an offline experience epic. Unfortunately, they mismanaged the implementation(imo).

Why? Well, after every interview I heard from Mr. Looman, itīs clear decisions were made(EA loves this phrase) to guarantee a better experience for online users... this would not be a problem, if it was not in detriment of the offline players. Itīs true online players got screwed for a long time, but they canīt start a great idea doing the same mistake with the other side.

Some of the things they take out of the game, from what I read here in OS, can really kills an online league. Others, like my favorite(imported classes) were really broken and I would have waited a year without a problem with this new deep mode. One also can make a point edit rating/size during a CC could mess all system(XP, new traits and and ratings like size), but before the start of the CC is really too much to believe. At least with the "run out of time" tired excuse.

Another little thing that really, really bothers me is a system that can be ruined by a simple change of equipment or players numbers...

Oh well...

# 115 jerwoods @ 06/11/12 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsidestory5
I wouldn't mind having this game pushed back to get this "worked" in.
I agree but the NFL will never let that happen they should just wait for 14 and give us 2 Updates SEPT and FEB to download for free but again the NFL will never allow it

# 116 SteelerSpartan @ 06/11/12 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
Guys come on,
yeah we have lost all customization in the game and franchise as we know it is dead, but have you heard the news............we now got Trey f'ing Wingo dropping twitter feeds on us. wooooooooooo hoooooooooo!

# 117 jerwoods @ 06/11/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHBigFan
Any chance this gets "added" before August? (Other via patch after August?)
if we complain loud enough and let everyone know on Facebook and Twitter to Boycott the game utanil these changes are in then maybe

# 118 BigBadTom @ 06/11/12 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
if we complain loud enough and let everyone know on Facebook and Twitter to Boycott the game utanil these changes are in then maybe
Someone either write an article or open a thread on this.... I think a bunch of people r pissed

# 119 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/11/12 10:25 PM
I highly doubt they can "patch" this in. Too much coding is involved and the file size would be way beyond the patch size limit.

# 120 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 10:25 PM
Being outspoken is key. If you look at NCAA last year, those fans were loud and ended up getting it put in. Though their fan base is much more narrow than Maddens..

Edit: it was patched in NCAA, idk if it was scrapped for Madden

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.