Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Because I have been asked about this via Twitter and email so often, I wanted to make sure people were aware.

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager for EA Sports, just confirmed via Twitter (just follow the timeline), if you coach a team, you can no longer play other games on the schedule, only the game(s) on your own schedule.

For example. Rgiles asked if he could coach the Cowboys in CCM, but play the Patriots vs. Browns game.

Justin stated that it is not possible, because CCM is based around you and your character (coach or player).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TrapStar215 @ 06/12/12 04:02 PM
This game is officially dead, tomorrow it's going to be a new post saying, "Madden NFL 13 Will Not Allow You to Edit The Depth Chart, Just Confirmed on Twitter By Justin"

# 22 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
What? CALVIN JOHNSON JR is evolving!

*Waits*

Congratulations your CALVIN JOHNSON JR evolved into MEGATRON!
WELL.DONE

# 23 Bigmac612 @ 06/12/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Personally, I wish they were water benders, earth benders, fire benders, and of course an air bender, which of course has to be Tebow because he's such a special player.

Them killing offline will certainly force the people who buy the game used online eventually. At first, I was cool with them sacrificing stuff but they are completely neutering the offline experience.
What ever are you talking about?? O.o, Tebow IS the Avatar!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 24 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
This game is officially dead, tomorrow it's going to be a new post saying, "Madden NFL 13 Will Not Allow You to Edit The Depth Chart, Just Confirmed on Twitter By Justin"
If you choose to play as a player, it won't

# 25 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
What ever are you talking about?? O.o, Tebow IS the Avatar!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Rex Ryan would be Snorlax

# 26 SteelerSpartan @ 06/12/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Hey, on the brightside... You'll now get a full Pokemon experience trying to level up your players by gaining XP after practices and meeting goals.

I fully expect them to introduce the ability for my players to have traits like "Thunderbolt", "Flamethrower" or "Watergun"

I know, I know... I used to watch Pokemon

Hope CC mode comes with a catchy little kids tune too

# 27 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/12/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I havent commented on much of this because I am more of a gameplay guy and am happy with what they implemented this year. However, they really did take a lot of control away from users when implementing CC. Hopefully EVERYTHING in CC we do have works to perfection and it is not a buggy mess. That may send these forums off the deep end.
These are my thoughts also. CC may have some nice features, but if they fall short of execution. Then many in here will be very angry, and wonder what was the point of losing all the other feartures for broken ones.

I have yet to see a Madden game where the franchise features all worked nicely.

Hopefully in CC what was promised is implemented well.

OMG this is going to be interesting.

# 28 djordan @ 06/12/12 04:09 PM
90% of OS'ers right now upon hearing this news...

# 29 CM Hooe @ 06/12/12 04:09 PM
Unfortunate news. Sigh.

# 30 briz1744 @ 06/12/12 04:11 PM
After being really hyped over CCM last week I'm beginning to think they should remove it from M13 re-introduce franchise mode and send mr. Looman back to his desk until all these features are back in and working! Why have they rushed this is in such a half-cocked unfinished state ?

# 31 Pezell04x @ 06/12/12 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Madden 13...now featuring:

No full customization of rosters.
No Editing of players in CCM
No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks
No playing games except those of the ONE team you select for CCM

# 32 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/12/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Really, you know, the thing that angers me the most is how other sports games/developers don't have their features removed just to add in other stuff. I mean they couldn't get the three modes right so they fuse "because it's easier to add more since each one had an individual code" or something, which leads to some features being sacrificed. Other games don't have that issue. Old gen Madden didn't have that issue. So why does current-gen have that issue when other sports games this generation don't?
Hmmm Im sure NCAA sounds better about now. Many were angry with NCAA not using the infinty engine, but with Madden removing so much. I guess NCAA wont be a bad choice now

It really bothers me that I can only use one team, or have 15 cc going lol. Wait is that even possible?

Oh and one thing NCAA doesnt have this problem.

# 33 gjneff @ 06/12/12 04:17 PM
For all the times I've heard Looman say it's all up to the user, they have total control, there seems to be very little that you can do.

# 34 mvb34 @ 06/12/12 04:18 PM
Can we do CPU vs CPU? I like to that for the playoffs and Superbowl

# 35 bcruise @ 06/12/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Can we do CPU vs CPU? I like to that for the playoffs and Superbowl
Seriously doubt it. It's kind of implied that not being able to play any non-user controlled game, that we probably wouldn't be able to watch, either. I think the only info we'll be seeing from games outside of our own is from box scores.

# 36 jpdavis82 @ 06/12/12 04:29 PM
This only adds to the need for a weekly studio show with highlights and stats. I do understand why you can't because they are moving towards realism and in real life coaches aren't able to control other teams or coach at their games.

# 37 mvb34 @ 06/12/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Seriously doubt it. It's kind of implied that not being able to play any non-user controlled game, that we probably wouldn't be able to watch, either. I think the only info we'll be seeing from games outside of our own is from box scores.

I wish somebody made a great text sim football game. Madden 13 better be flawless...

# 38 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/12/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This only adds to the need for a weekly studio show with highlights and stats. I do understand why you can't because they are moving towards realism and in real life coaches aren't able to control other teams or coach at their games.
Your absolutely right. One coach can only coach one team, but the only things we wanted real was gameplay and how a team is controlled and built. We did not want it to the point where we can only play with one team.

Dont you think that is some what unfair with a product that we have to pay for. To limit us like that?

# 39 jpdavis82 @ 06/12/12 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Your absolutely right. One coach can only coach one team, but the only things we wanted real was gameplay and how a team is controlled and built. We did not want it to the point where we can only play with one team.

Dont you think that is some what unfair with a product that we have to pay for. To limit us like that?
I'm holding off judgment on CCM until I actually play it. I think it's just as unfair to judge it too harshly without ever playing it.

# 40 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/12/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm holding off judgment on CCM until I actually play it. I think it's just as unfair to judge it too harshly without ever playing it.
+21321312313123123123, can't say this too much

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.