Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Because I have been asked about this via Twitter and email so often, I wanted to make sure people were aware.

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager for EA Sports, just confirmed via Twitter (just follow the timeline), if you coach a team, you can no longer play other games on the schedule, only the game(s) on your own schedule.

For example. Rgiles asked if he could coach the Cowboys in CCM, but play the Patriots vs. Browns game.

Justin stated that it is not possible, because CCM is based around you and your character (coach or player).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 I_HATE_THAT_DUDE @ 06/12/12 06:23 PM
are you guys really gonna get bent out of shape over this? its common sense lol if you do career mode with a created coach or player then obviously you shouldnt be able to control/play other teams games. if they had this effect just a franchise game then i could see the argument and reason to get upset but it makes sense to me that you aren't able to play other teams games in ccm mode.

# 82 Iceman87GT @ 06/12/12 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think you still can, what do you mean by play a franchise together? You never could play a franchise together before. Unless you are talking about online franchise and if that's the case then yes you can play connected careers online together.
He would start a franchise with his kids, each picking a team, then they would handle only their team. It allows for one to screw the other(s) over because they aren't completely separate franchises, but assuming you are on the honor system or ensure that there is more than 1 person in the room at the time to prevent tampering with other teams you could essentially treat it as an offline 'online franchise'.

# 83 statum71 @ 06/12/12 06:28 PM
This is by far the worse headline I've ever read on OS. Sad, sad day.

# 84 BlackJack @ 06/12/12 06:28 PM
what you guys fail to realize is, the majority of their market will not care about the inability to do all these intricate changes.

also in their pursuit of "realism", to the average fan, this model that they are giving most resembles realism.

in what world can you control everyone else moves?

if you were just going to control every team, and be able to do all roster edits etc... why even buy a new game? just add the players in your previous title, because you were not gonna be satisfied with the ratings or any other roster info they put anyway

# 85 Pezell04x @ 06/12/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
I honestly don't see a problem with this. I don't understand why someone wants to control every team in the league. When I play with a certain team, I want to feel as if that team is MY team and have pride in playing with them and only them. I like to build my team up from nothing to a dynasty. If I played as if I where on every team, I would feel disconnected from the simulation of being loyal to one team as a player or coach would in real life thus losing the experience... Plus... That **** would take forever to complete a single season! I have a full time job and a family. I don't have that kind of time lol
There were a ton of problems in 12 where the CPU would make terrible moves or unrealistic moves (like the Raiders cutting Pryor). There was also a rash of CPU AI keeping terrible, low rated UDFA or whatever they were called.

Doing a 32 team franchise eliminated the idiocy of the AI and kept everything fair. The user had a huge advantage over the AI in 12. It was one of the main reasons I traded it in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 86 paconaifas @ 06/12/12 06:32 PM
Just fine for me, I only play franchise mode with the Packers anyway!

# 87 statum71 @ 06/12/12 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
I honestly don't see a problem with this. I don't understand why someone wants to control every team in the league. When I play with a certain team, I want to feel as if that team is MY team and have pride in playing with them and only them. I like to build my team up from nothing to a dynasty. If I played as if I where on every team, I would feel disconnected from the simulation of being loyal to one team as a player or coach would in real life thus losing the experience... Plus... That **** would take forever to complete a single season! I have a full time job and a family. I don't have that kind of time lol

All that is fine......But that's how YOU play.

Some people like to play as their own team. And others like to play as a full NFL experience, not really caring for one particular team.

And if you spend 60 bucks you should have that choice.

# 88 swift kincade @ 06/12/12 06:34 PM
I am still pump for the game but they need to go into overtime and at least give the ability to edit players in CC. I just can't see how they don't have time to make this work.!

# 89 BenjiA @ 06/12/12 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swift kincade
I am still pump for the game but they need to go into overtime and at least give the ability to edit players in CC. I just can't see how they don't have time to make this work.!
+1. I totally agree!

# 90 moylan1234 @ 06/12/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
what you guys fail to realize is, the majority of their market will not care about the inability to do all these intricate changes.

also in their pursuit of "realism", to the average fan, this model that they are giving most resembles realism.

if you were just going to control every team, and be able to do all roster edits etc... why even buy a new game? just add the players in your previous title, because you were not gonna be satisfied with the ratings or any other roster info they put anyway
Completely disagree the only difference is the average fan won't find about this until they buy the game. Again this is standard stuff we're talking about that everyone has grown accustomed to having in their sports games whether they even use them or not. I guarantee when the game hits stores EA will hear from a wide array of their customers not just us hardcore nut jobs here on OS

# 91 malky @ 06/12/12 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack

Hmm I think those worlds are called nba2k and MLB the show but I guess nobody buys those titles because they give you total control every year

# 92 Yeats @ 06/12/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Oh noes I can't control all the teams and make sure the one team I want to win every year in franchise mode does? WORLD ENDING!
Did you really just type that? Wow.

# 93 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You only have to retire a coach if that coach was created by you. If I choose Jason Garrett and switch to Andy Reid, Garett doesn't retire.
But... what if? Everytime we switch to a different coach all the previously acumulated XP with the old coach are lost? Thus, deeply hindring the ability to scout or buy coach upgrades. I think this is a real possibility

# 94 SteelerSpartan @ 06/12/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I don't know guys I'm actually starting to enjoy this daily game of "What will Madden remove next?" I think we should get a poll going and start placing bets on what else didn't make it

Im trying to use all my Video Game Football Passion to get by these issues but its not going well..........

# 95 Weedboy @ 06/12/12 06:48 PM
point is we like the full expireance and that aint what madden 13 is giving you. i could care less about donny moores roster updates. i use online to download user rosters and created players in every sports sim i play. and i dont play online at all. not even in ufc. im running a strict offline league with sim on. theres no fullfillment in playing vs online against others for me. it feels just like playing a random play now game where my stats arent tracked. i only play offline franchise and if theres no franchise mode ala ufc or fight night ill make my own. i dont want full control so i can cheat and have my team win i occassionally wanna watch a good cpu match up while i roll my blunt and make any trades between any teams i see fit.

# 96 TajDeni @ 06/12/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Madden 13...now featuring:

No full customization of rosters.
No Editing of players in CCM
No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks
No playing games except those of the ONE team you select for CCM
ive been saying it over the last few days, anybody who is reading the tea-leaves can see that its clear that EA vision as a company going forward is all about the online gamer 1st and foremost. this philosphy started with ssx ( a snowboarding racing game with no local multi-player) and that pilosophy as move on to madden.

dont believe me i can prove it.

take a good list of all the features that were removed. now ask yourself, how any those features have a real impact on the way random, tourny, or online franchises are played.

- you might say CP, but the online crowd mostly feel its a feature that promotes too much cheese.

- not many OF are gonna use fantasy draft.

- can only control 1 team online.

- online you cant edit ratings

- you cant import draft classes online

basically what you have here for the first time in the history of sports games is a reversal of ports, meaning in most sports titles the online modes are a direct port of what you can do offline. for the 1st time ever the offline is now a port of whats important to online.

so because EA has now fused online and offline franchise into 1 mode, whatever is not good for online or relevent to online will never again be given to offline.

get used to it because it is the future, online gamers 1st, everyone else if they have the time after that.

# 97 statum71 @ 06/12/12 06:51 PM
When Josh did the Connected Careers blog he stated
"play as 32 humans in a league: CHECK" about halfway down in this blog:

http://www.easports.com/news/article/connected-careers-developer-blog

Did he have it wrong or did something change or what??

# 98 Weedboy @ 06/12/12 06:52 PM
about my last comment fight night has a career mode but not a franchise mode. at least in fight nights franchise u can choose which opponents you like and move thier rankings accordingly. this madden experience is looking similar to the scripted story in fight night. you just take whats in front of you.

# 99 Tmorales13 @ 06/12/12 06:55 PM
Is everyone serious........No duh u wont be able to coach one team like the Cowboys and play Browns vs Patriots.... Why would this even be a problem????? If i coached the cowboys and the eagles play the 49ers or someone. I could just tank the eagles game so I can move up in the standings. I hope this post was all a joke...

# 100 Bigmac612 @ 06/12/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You only have to retire a coach if that coach was created by you. If I choose Jason Garrett and switch to Andy Reid, Garett doesn't retire.
Which doesnt make any more sense..actually makes it worse...why are they doing this to us aholbert??...why??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.