Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 will not include the University of South Alabama. Jags Jungle corresponded with EA Sports for the answer.

Quote:
South Alabama was a provisional member of FBS last year and did not play a full FBS schedule. We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14.

Sources - Jags Jungle, CBS - Eye on College Football

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 w00dy Hayezz @ 06/14/12 10:47 AM
Not a big deal really, still have plenty of teams to choose from.

# 2 TDavis45 @ 06/14/12 10:48 AM
Disappointing... Just another reason why we should be able to add "X" amount of teambuilder teams to dynasty.

# 3 cbenti60 @ 06/14/12 10:49 AM
BUT WE GET THE ZOO!!!!!

# 4 AiDub @ 06/14/12 12:28 PM
Well that news will disappoint all of... 5 people.

# 5 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 12:55 PM
Hasn't this been known for a while?

# 6 PackerBacker123 @ 06/14/12 01:08 PM
EA , this year I really noticed you have been skipping out of the mustard. At least you can edit players in this game...

# 7 redsrule @ 06/14/12 01:15 PM
Doesn't bother me at all.

# 8 LakerPride @ 06/14/12 01:16 PM
It's more than five people. We have a pretty long topic on our board. http://jagsjungle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1846

# 9 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 01:18 PM
I am actually really mad about this, me and 3 buddies were planning on a dynasty this year that we all took first year FBS teams. That obviously can't happen now. And like that last post said to the fans of that team it is a really big deal on their message board.

# 10 sink4ever @ 06/14/12 01:18 PM
Well really, at this point, it's more of a shock when something actually makes it in.

"EA Sports . . . if it's in the game . . . we'll promise to have it in the future . . . but we'll probably have to remove 4 other things to get it in . . . and do you really need it to be free of glitches?"

Edit: dang it, Skull kinda beat me to it.

# 11 LakerPride @ 06/14/12 01:22 PM
This was probably a deal breaker for me. I was going to RTG with them.

# 12 prowler @ 06/14/12 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Hasn't this been known for a while?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerPride
It's more than five people. We have a pretty long topic on our board. http://jagsjungle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1846
I'm thinking this is the reason it's being brought up again on OS, it's garnering mainstream attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...69--ncaaf.html

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-south-alabama

# 13 hossafan91 @ 06/14/12 01:56 PM
EA is just being lazy, it is stuff like this that makes me annoyed with the game. they listened to people when we complained about the color of the sides of Autzen Stadium (thanks by the way) but disregard the smaller schools. ECU doesn't have its updates, there are a bunch of openings left out, and other small stuff that makes college football so intense/amazing.Now to leave out a school, that is just laziness. i know a ton about almost all the schools just by reading Wikipedia, and watching youtube on every team i do a dynasty with (a lot of teams each year) why do i feel that i know more about these schools and college football than the guys who make the game? either way, USA was my third team for a dynasty behind Oregon, and UMass.

# 14 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 06/14/12 02:01 PM
I'm upset. I don't care much for South Alabama but this is like if Madden left out the Browns. I'm not a Browns fan, but it still impacts the game.

# 15 moylan1234 @ 06/14/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
I am actually really mad about this, me and 3 buddies were planning on a dynasty this year that we all took first year FBS teams. That obviously can't happen now. And like that last post said to the fans of that team it is a really big deal on their message board.
You can still do that either make or just download a South Alabama team from teambuilder. sure you'll have to lose one of the other real FBS teams, but there's gotta be one school you guys can live without in the FBS

# 16 hossafan91 @ 06/14/12 02:19 PM
I'm confused on how they did this. when they were making the schedule, didn't they realize that all the SBC teams were playing them?

# 17 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
You can still do that either make or just download a South Alabama team from teambuilder. sure you'll have to lose one of the other real FBS teams, but there's gotta be one school you guys can live without in the FBS
Yes if I want to take the time to try and create them I can do that, then take the time to edit the roster to resemble them, then throw a team out of the FBS, then try and get their schedule right...or EA could have just included a team that should be in the game. I am not saying anything crazy like this is a deal breaker for me just that I am disappointed.

# 18 Sparkles @ 06/14/12 02:25 PM
GOTTA BE KIDDING! Everything was perfect until now! There goes your money EA, for this reason ONLY!

# 19 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/14/12 02:30 PM
least UMass, UTSA, and Texas State made it.

# 20 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 02:31 PM
For what it's worth, this is more UofSA's fault than EA's.... EA will get blamed nevertheless, but still.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.