Home
NBA Baller Beats News Post

NBA Baller Beats is the first full-body motion based NBA video game that lets you perform like a pro using a real basketball.

Yes, it sounds corny as hell; yes, I was skeptical too. In fact, I almost didn't hop into the E3 test station to try it out, because I thought it was ridiculous.

I stepped inside and after a few Microsoft Kinect commands, I was dribbling to the beat of C’Mon Catch ‘Em By Surprise by Tiesto vs. Diplo feat. Busta Rhymes. I was dribbling with my left, then dribbling with my right. Crossing over to the left, crossing over to the right. Crossing over between my legs from left to right … and then, it happened. I realized I need to work on my right. Ouch, reality has settled in.

Read More - NBA Baller Beats E3 Preview

Game: NBA Baller BeatsHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Baller Beats Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ebugaloo @ 06/14/12 03:12 PM
I think it's great that developers are taking chances like this on unique games. I may get this.

# 2 sparkyiii2k @ 06/14/12 03:13 PM
Ha! That's kinda cool and a great way to lose some lbs.

# 3 Kentucky_Wildcat23 @ 06/14/12 03:55 PM
This game could get a lot of young basketball players to improve their dribbling by playing this.

# 4 BlackJack @ 06/14/12 05:09 PM
i just cant see myself playing this game unless i am home alone, im sure the constant dribbling of a basketball in the house will drive everyone else crazy

# 5 Vast @ 06/14/12 05:44 PM
this game is not going to sell well. There are only a few people that could have this in their basement with enough space to dribble a ball, or in their garage or something.

This is much better suited for an arcade.

# 6 Iadf @ 06/14/12 06:22 PM
This looks terrible

# 7 amboyboy @ 06/15/12 07:39 AM
i can't wait to see the youtube videos of kids breaking their televisions with these basketballs.

# 8 jyoung @ 06/15/12 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This is much better suited for an arcade.
I agree, but video arcades are basically extinct now.

Even if arcades were still around, the ball would have to be on a leash or something to prevent people from just walking out with the ball and stealing it.

# 9 clipperfan811 @ 06/15/12 10:00 PM
I don't think it's smart to try to play this right in front of your 2000 dollar 60 inch LED 3D TV... Like the guys said, it's going to be painfully hilarious watching the youtube videos.

I like the concept though but I already do this when practicing, it helps to have something with a good beat blaring as you work on your handles. I like that developers are thinking outside the box with the Kinect. People need to set up some sort of safety glass though for their TV's. heh heh

# 10 AC @ 06/18/12 06:21 AM
I'd have to soundproof my floors, but I'd go for this lol. Is Best Buy somehow gonna demo this?

# 11 13whitebread @ 06/21/12 12:07 PM
My ball would not bounce on carpet looks like I need hard wood floors now

# 12 sydrogerdavid @ 06/21/12 03:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Is the game going to come with wood, hammer, and nails or some concrete mix? Maybe an extension cord and some wheels so you can take your TV and Xbox outside.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.