Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots, right here.

During the Madden NFL 13 webcast, EA Sports listed the player and coaching legends. Many of them will be available to use right away, others will be available via pre-order and Madden Ultimate Team (Joe Montana was confirmed as one of them from MUT).

The Canton team, which includes 27 all-time greats will be available in Play Now. You can also play as 1 of 33 legends in Connected Careers, as you try to compare your career against Hall of Famers.

Also mentioned, the Super Bowl will feature a new pre-game coin toss and Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation with legends bringing the trophy out to the players. Legend quarterbacks will have their own throwing motion and legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

If your player retires and meets the qualifications to become a Hall of Famer, you don't have to wait 5 years, it happens right after retirement (not realistic, they wanted to make it "Fun"). Speaking of retirement, players can come back into the NFL after they have retired. Will we see Brett Favre make a return?

Coaching Legends
  • Tom Landry
  • John Madden
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Tom Flores
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Walsh
Player Legends
  • John Elway
  • Marshall Faulk
  • Barry Sanders
  • Jerry Rice
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Warren Moon
  • Joe Montana
  • Deion "Primetime" Sanders
  • John Mackey
  • Emmitt Smith
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane
  • Troy Aikman
  • Gene Upshaw
  • Shannon Sharpe
  • Mean Joe Greene
  • George Blanda
  • Kellen Winslow, Sr.
  • Ronnie Lott
  • Dave Casper
  • Walter Payton
  • Michael Irvin
  • Reggie White
  • Rod Woodson
  • Derrick Brooks
  • Otto Graham
  • Steve Young
  • Kurt Warner
As previously mentioned, many legends are available right away, others are available via pre-order, as listed below.
  • Amazon: Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor
  • Best Buy: Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice
  • GameStop: John Madden and Barry Sanders
  • Origin: Dick Vermeil and Marshall Faulk
  • Walmart: Tom Landry and John Elway

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DaBlackGoku @ 06/14/12 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
All those coaches and they don't have THE coach?? That being George Hallas...
THE coach? Last I checked there was a trophy called THE Lombardi and it's the best trophy in the NFL

# 102 DJ @ 06/15/12 12:22 AM
So, do all of the HOF'ers come in as 22-year-old rookies, or do the ages vary based on the player?

What would be fun is if they were all rookies and you could take that Canton team into CCM and see how all the players pan out over the course of their careers.

I may have to get the Amazon pre-order so I can get LT on the Giants, who need some LB help. Move Boley to the middle and have Kiwi and LT on the outside would be sweet, or run a 3-4 with Osi-Canty-Tuck up front and JPP-Kiwi-Boley-LT as the LBs.

# 103 Armor and Sword @ 06/15/12 12:28 AM
So I take it I will have to buy some DLC to get the legends that are available via pre-order only.

# 104 at23steelers @ 06/15/12 12:35 AM
READ THIS:

If you don't get the player / coach through preorder, you can only get them through playing MUT! Why people make pointless, flat out wrong conjecture is beyond me. Read and watch before you make arguments that are totally wrong.

A few questions that others also might have brought up:

- Can you get into the HOF if you don't make it the first year?
- Can the legendary score ever decrease?
- Can you use Gameface for a new coach?
- Why isn't Kyle Boller on this list? /fail

My own opinion about unlocking legends: Makes much more sense to be able to unlock them by having to create a player of the same position and surpass their legendary score!

# 105 tjd211 @ 06/15/12 12:43 AM
the preorder thing is garage. Give us all the player

# 106 R9NALD9 @ 06/15/12 01:53 AM
Great...so all the legends bar Montana I was interested in are on preorder for you US guys. No Rice, Walsh, Taylor, Elway or Faulk for me...

What would be the process for unlocking them in MUT if I may ask? I live in SA where internet is crap and very expensive. If you have 1mb line here you are considered rich, which I'm not.

Would really appreciate if someone could let me know how much effort it is to unlock them in MUT.

# 107 Patscanes @ 06/15/12 02:04 AM
No Earl Campbell?!?!

# 108 brza37 @ 06/15/12 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
You need to read more before you get all worked up.

EVERY legend is avaible, but if you pre-order from the place you get a code to unlock them right away instead of unlocking them as you progress through the game.

Does not matter where or even if you pre-order, you still get every legend..
Any details how you can unlock further players? I heard them mention MUT but I refuse to play that mode. Will they also be unlockable through playing CC?

# 109 Gronk4M13 @ 06/15/12 06:58 AM
Wow, this is a great list of legends. I just really wished Favre would be in. I can't decide who to be. I think, at some point, I'll be Aikman. But I'm more interested in being a coach and controlling a team, or guiding current or created players through their careers. I only really got into football at the end of the 2011 season, so I don't know a lot of legends. I read a book about the Cowboys, though, and I think I'll be Aikman.
This makes it really tough to decide where to preorder from.

# 110 JBkiLLa25 @ 06/15/12 07:55 AM
So you're telling me EA that if I don't pre order Jerry Rice I can only play with 1 other WR?! Yea there are 4 TE but I'm talking WRs. They wouldn't of even had to try hard to find a couple more WR. Here are some greats: CHRIS CARTER (he works for a freakin ESPN/NFL broadcast so it wouldn't been hard to get him), Art Monk, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce, Tim Brown, Steve Largent, Don Hutson, Marvin Harrison. I'm upset with there legend selection. On top of only having one WR (because I'm not pre ordering Rice), I will only get one LB you because I'm not pre ordering LT! Junior Seau, Mike Singletary, Jack Lambert, Dick Butkus are some LBs they could have got. I understand u can't get some people but only one?! Come on man... Disappointing.

# 111 therealsmallville @ 06/15/12 08:52 AM
Probably a dumb question, but if you have HOF players turned "on"' in CCM and you're a coach, do they all just show up in free agency, or are they scattered throughout multiple years?

This is providing you've unlocked them, anyway.

# 112 Chiefsfan881129 @ 06/15/12 11:02 AM
Hopefully Steve can check with the guys at EA and see if the other pre order legends will be dlc at a later date or if I have to buy 4 maddens that I would sell the other 3 once I got thr codes?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

# 113 willz1985 @ 06/15/12 12:40 PM
So Warren Moon makes the game but Dan Fouts doesnt

Makes total sense.....................

# 114 PackerBacker123 @ 06/15/12 12:52 PM
REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! minister of defense

# 115 Armor and Sword @ 06/15/12 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willz1985
So Warren Moon makes the game but Dan Fouts doesnt

Makes total sense.....................

Or Dan Marino!!!

But let's not forget the player must agree to be in the game. So there is that aspect.

# 116 jfsolo @ 06/15/12 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Or Dan Marino!!!

But let's not forget the player must agree to be in the game. So there is that aspect.
This seems to be totally lost on a lot of people. I guess they want EA's negotiators to, "make them an offer they can't refuse", and put a horse head in their bed.

# 117 Skyboxer @ 06/15/12 03:44 PM
Decent list and yes I believe they have to reach agreements with each player so it's not like EA can just put whoever they want in the game.

Also a great qb is more than passing numbers by far. A qb is supposed to be a leader and find ways to win championships.. The ultimate goal.

I'll pick Montana over Marino...All day every day.

# 118 RGiles36 @ 06/15/12 03:59 PM
I just want to see the long sleeves featured in those Legend screens on the today's quarterbacks. We need some new sceenshots ASAP!! Lol

# 119 MrCWS83 @ 06/17/12 01:39 PM
I haven't preordered yet but is Toys R Us the cheapest I'll find for preorder...and they're not listed for a preorder duo. Anybody have any suggestions

# 120 Playmakers @ 06/17/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patscanes
No Earl Campbell?!?!
It's a good feature to have but for me personally i have to have access to 100's of guys or else it's not addicting with just single players.

This is why NCAA Football has always been my preference for classic players because there are no restrictions on creating them and using them all on one big file with tons of teams inside a dynasty mode.

I'm just not really into the single player career modes stuff and would rather spend the time just creating entire teams to utilize.....

This is why Madden 13 is such a huge letdown for me because it's damn near impossible to create Historic teams now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.