Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots, right here.

During the Madden NFL 13 webcast, EA Sports listed the player and coaching legends. Many of them will be available to use right away, others will be available via pre-order and Madden Ultimate Team (Joe Montana was confirmed as one of them from MUT).

The Canton team, which includes 27 all-time greats will be available in Play Now. You can also play as 1 of 33 legends in Connected Careers, as you try to compare your career against Hall of Famers.

Also mentioned, the Super Bowl will feature a new pre-game coin toss and Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation with legends bringing the trophy out to the players. Legend quarterbacks will have their own throwing motion and legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

If your player retires and meets the qualifications to become a Hall of Famer, you don't have to wait 5 years, it happens right after retirement (not realistic, they wanted to make it "Fun"). Speaking of retirement, players can come back into the NFL after they have retired. Will we see Brett Favre make a return?

Coaching Legends
  • Tom Landry
  • John Madden
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Tom Flores
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Walsh
Player Legends
  • John Elway
  • Marshall Faulk
  • Barry Sanders
  • Jerry Rice
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Warren Moon
  • Joe Montana
  • Deion "Primetime" Sanders
  • John Mackey
  • Emmitt Smith
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane
  • Troy Aikman
  • Gene Upshaw
  • Shannon Sharpe
  • Mean Joe Greene
  • George Blanda
  • Kellen Winslow, Sr.
  • Ronnie Lott
  • Dave Casper
  • Walter Payton
  • Michael Irvin
  • Reggie White
  • Rod Woodson
  • Derrick Brooks
  • Otto Graham
  • Steve Young
  • Kurt Warner
As previously mentioned, many legends are available right away, others are available via pre-order, as listed below.
  • Amazon: Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor
  • Best Buy: Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice
  • GameStop: John Madden and Barry Sanders
  • Origin: Dick Vermeil and Marshall Faulk
  • Walmart: Tom Landry and John Elway

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 PGaither84 @ 06/18/12 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Montana was great. But he wasn't the best passer ever.
Best passer? No. Best QB? Yes.

They say Manning is a great passer, but Brady is a better QB.

# 122 JimmyT85 @ 08/07/12 03:57 AM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before:

Basically, I'm in the UK, and we don't get any pre-order DLC bonuses or anything for Madden 13.

Does anyone know what will happen regards the pre-order legends for us people in the UK? Will we not be able to get them at all, or will we have to pay?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

# 123 ImaGamer_OS @ 08/07/12 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before:

Basically, I'm in the UK, and we don't get any pre-order DLC bonuses or anything for Madden 13.

Does anyone know what will happen regards the pre-order legends for us people in the UK? Will we not be able to get them at all, or will we have to pay?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
We have the same problem in Australia unfortunately. I am assuming we will need to pay for the DLC or achieve them as our XP grows.

# 124 WhatRobSaid @ 08/07/12 07:12 AM
I'm feeling they might add legends to the game for MUT as the season goes on, wether or not you can use them in CC or they'll be added to the Canton team is to be seen. But don't be surprised if they come out middle of the season and put out like Thurman Thomas, Gale Sayers... I and we can only hope they add.

# 125 KingV2k3 @ 08/07/12 02:49 PM
I doubt I'll use this feature, but it's cool to see George Blanda on the player's list...

He nearly played for an "eternity", IRL...so this gives one the chance to actually turn his career into one...

I was disappointed that Sid Gilman and Don Coryell were left of the coach list...

Would have been fun to run their offences in today's game...

# 126 m1ke_nyc @ 08/07/12 02:51 PM
Really wanna see a screen of primetime.

# 127 cheapargentina @ 08/07/12 03:17 PM
So no Fouts or Coryell but Vermile and Warner make it in? Really?

# 128 MooseBoyJ @ 08/07/12 05:20 PM
So not playing MUT! I was under the impression that you had to unlock all the legends if you didn't get them in the pre-order.

# 129 Aggies7 @ 08/07/12 05:22 PM
I thought I heard some legends will try to make a come back. And I saw A screenshot with Kurt Warner making a comeback. Just hope it realistic with who tries to make a come back but wouldn't mind some of the older legends coming back as coaches.

# 130 CaptianBackwoods @ 08/19/12 09:51 PM
So will gettin' Legends be like 12 where we had to actually buy the Legend Pack, or will we just unlock them?

# 131 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/20/12 01:47 AM
This is a cool idea and all, but it's not something I'll be playing with.

# 132 uther20 @ 08/24/12 02:19 PM
I'm in Europe and had no option but to buy a regular version. Really dumb, I'd love to play as Elway in CC. /sad

# 133 Td1984 @ 08/24/12 07:14 PM
I badly wanted to pre-order M13 from Wal-Mart so I could get Tom Landry and John Elway, but before I could, my laptop started to fall apart. Now I have to save up for a new one and can't get Madden until at least January. So much for getting the two of them.

# 134 uther20 @ 08/24/12 09:53 PM
I'd love to play as Buddy Ryan. Too bad he's not in it.

# 135 CantBurn @ 08/29/12 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Michael Irving didn't wear 88 in college..........Get it right EA.
Not to nitpick, but since you did about his number. His name is Michael Irvin, no g. But you are correct about 88, he wore 47.

# 136 Rysumm @ 09/15/12 05:36 PM
If anyone is interested in being able to edit/trade/release these legends, like we can the rest of the NFL teams during Play Now offline mode, then let EA know. Best way is to send them a Tweet. If they allow us to do this then we can effectively use these players for created teams. For example we can create the 1989 49ers with Montana, Rice and Young all on the 49ers. Or Aikman, Irvin, and Emmit together again.

I already tweeted EA but the more people who do, the greater the chances are that they will update the game to include it. And if you want other players like Marino let them know. On a side note. If EA created classic teams themselves for purchase as an addon, I for one would by them. Like the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers and 90's Cowboys. As long as they allowed us the ability to still customize them.

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.