Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Invites Fans to “Uncover The Cover” of NBA® 2K13

Facebook application to reveal clues about cover for
next installment of top-selling and top-rated basketball simulation*

New York, NY – June 20, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

*UPDATE: Here is the full image, already leaked.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SkillzKillz719 @ 06/20/12 03:44 PM
Lebron all the way.

# 22 UConcord11 @ 06/20/12 03:56 PM
Theres a whole lot of blue and red on thoes pixals. And I'm gusing red is the background. So blue? who wears a blue jersey?

If its not DRose, Lebron, Epe udoh, or one of ushers backup dancers ima be pissed.

# 23 XenoZograscope @ 06/20/12 03:56 PM
Ronny Turiaf on the cover.

Sent from the iPhone 5x using Tapatalk.

# 24 cb1115 @ 06/20/12 04:01 PM
Lots of red and blue pixels. Some white pixels in there too.

The Dream Team idea sounds plausible. Maybe Kevin Durant and LeBron?

Nah, there's not enough money in the world to get both of them on the cover.

# 25 tehova @ 06/20/12 04:03 PM
Hologram 2pac

# 26 morningstar777 @ 06/20/12 04:06 PM
Seriously? We just want a good game this year, how about that?

# 27 MarvellousOne @ 06/20/12 04:14 PM
Kevin Durant is my guess. But I won't be tweeting anything to try and find out sooner...I don't own a twitter account nor do I plan on getting on twitter.

# 28 jd@os @ 06/20/12 04:17 PM
I can't tell if it's an Autobot or a Decepticon...

# 29 JWaLL @ 06/20/12 04:17 PM
can they just tell us instead of being selfish brats trying to ge their name out in the public view god dang

# 30 jersez @ 06/20/12 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
First off, this is a rant--I apologize beforehand.

Second, I have nothing against technology; I'm on my laptop or my iPhone all the time. Here we go...

...Can we please, PLEASE find things out in this society without the use of Facebook or Twitter? Please don't take this the wrong way, but Facebook and Twitter are great--if you're into that kind of stuff. I don't Facebook because I really don't have 874 friends and you don't either; a "friend" is someone who is down with me--not someone I went to high school with and haven't spoken to since...well, high school. And I don't tweet because I really don't think America is interested in what I think on things (even though I'm ranting on a sports forum).

I love GNC Smoothies, and they have a promotion to get a dollar off every time you get one. I inquired as to how to get it, and the smoothie chick told me I have to like them on Facebook. I'm sorry, but a GNC brick building is not my friend!!

Ok--back on track here: just have some semi-hard trivia question that people have to answer to reveal the thing piece by piece or something. I'm sorry for the rant guys; I just wish we could do things without social networking. Oh you need a blood transfusion right away? "Like" your local doctor on Facebook and tweet your blood type and we will notify you via text message.

Oh--I hope it's a either MJ again or a legend with a current player.
lol, They are using us to promote 2k13. The more people use the hashtag uncover2k it will be a trending topic and more people will see it. But I don't think it's working because it's not trending right now. So I understand what they are trying to do. But I could care less about the cover athlete unless it's Sir Charles. Which I doubt.

# 31 jd@os @ 06/20/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
lol, They are using us to promote 2k13. The people use the hashtag uncover2k it will be a trending topic and more people will see it. But I don't think it's working because it's not trending right now. So I understand what they are trying to do. But I could care less about the cover athlete unless it's Sir Charles. Which I doubt.
Yeah, I know. I just think this world is becoming so anti-personal. People and companies judge their popularity on how many online "hits" they get or if they're "trending". I know I'm a cool guy because people--actual PEOPLE who know me will tell you that--not because I have 1,729 followers on Twitter or 817 Facebook friends.

But anyway...the site says you will be surprised, and nothing would surprise me more if it was Team USA from 1992; and that way, have at least one historic team for each of the players (except Laettner) and give them a foe.

# 32 jd@os @ 06/20/12 04:31 PM
If the top looked more like clouds, I would say Durant in the clouds with "thunder" versus Lebron in smoke because of "heat".

# 33 DatGD12guage @ 06/20/12 04:41 PM
I think its d rose it seems like its pointing to him like buddy said it does look like roses in the pic plus I seen a pic of him and wang on mikes twitter and it said that he met his favorite player for the first time. the pic stated it was taken in February so im guessing it was this year heres the link

http://t.co/jg8NtqbS

# 34 cavsfan2 @ 06/20/12 04:43 PM
Angels vs. demons?

# 35 MarvellousOne @ 06/20/12 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
I think its d rose it seems like its pointing to him like buddy said it does look like roses in the pic plus I seen a pic of him and wang on mikes twitter and it said that he met his favorite player for the first time. the pic stated it was taken in February so im guessing it was this year heres the link

http://t.co/jg8NtqbS
I could see D.Rose being on the cover and wouldn't mind it being him as the cover athlete.

# 36 JWaLL @ 06/20/12 04:46 PM
DRose and MJ, MJ is the Wings and D Rose is well, the roses

# 37 jd@os @ 06/20/12 04:50 PM
Where did the pic go?

Anyway, I looked at it some more...

In the middle, it appears to be a ladder. Maybe a legend like MJ will be on it, because maybe it's an accession theme (JWall's guess).

And it looked like a player was to the left (at Jerry West's thigh) and to the right (below the basketball) looking up at the ladder.

# 38 JerzeyReign @ 06/20/12 04:52 PM

# 39 Goffs @ 06/20/12 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Where did the pic go?
LOL wheres my quoted post of said pic!

# 40 nttnybuc @ 06/20/12 05:04 PM

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.