Home
News Post

Obi Wan said it best about the current situation, there has been "a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced"

'King' Lebron James has won himself a title. For all of you guys, the question now to be asked: What are you expecting next from Lebron and the Heat? Is anything less than a repeat a failure?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 41 shadia147 @ 06/22/12 06:25 PM
I have two thoughts.. One optimistic and the other pessimistic.

1) The Heat are at their peak right now, but there are several young teams out there that just got a taste this year, Thunder, Clippers, Sixers etc. So the question is, can the Heat withstand the internal pressures as well as the threats of what lies ahead.
2) My pessimistic thought is that the "Powers-that-be" decided long ago that LeBron James was going to be the next Michael Jordan. And just like Jordan, at some point, the League was going to make sure Jordan was not going to lose no matter what.
There's too much money at stake. And the League needs LeBron to win as many Championships as he can. For their very survival. And I thought that was crap in 1996, and I think it's crap in 2012 too.
However... I wish LeBron well. I think he's always shown a lot of class. And I can remember when a certain segment of the population considered him a Thug, which he never was. Lastly I hope the fans in Cleveland were happy last night

# 42 BringTheHeat @ 06/22/12 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147

2) My pessimistic thought is that the "Powers-that-be" decided long ago that LeBron James was going to be the next Michael Jordan. And just like Jordan, at some point, the League was going to make sure Jordan was not going to lose no matter what.
There's too much money at stake. And the League needs LeBron to win as many Championships as he can. For their very survival. And I thought that was crap in 1996, and I think it's crap in 2012 too.
However... I wish LeBron well. I think he's always shown a lot of class. And I can remember when a certain segment of the population considered him a Thug, which he never was. Lastly I hope the fans in Cleveland were happy last night
S/O to SteelersFreak for this post:

So...The Heat get no credit for dismantling the Thunder, but the NBA let James win and are going to continue it?

# 43 shadia147 @ 06/22/12 07:04 PM
No I give them credit... But I also know that the NBA needs another Dynasty.
Money Talks.. And TV Revenue is King. The League would do anything is could not to have an Indiana/Utah finals. They need Ratings. And the player or team that provides those ratings is going to be looked at favorably over those who don't. It's called The Real World my friend. Those with the Power KEEP the Power!

# 44 exposedaking @ 06/22/12 07:05 PM
I think people took that "not 1 not 2.." speech too serious lmao

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 45 TreyIM2 @ 06/22/12 07:14 PM
Now that Bron-Bron has won a ring, I'd definitely like to see him win at least 2 more and another thing I'd like to see him do is play with that same type of dominance, the rest of his career until the wheels fall off.

I sorta question if he would have had this same fire in the playoff if the season were a normal season. I know it could be said that the sched the players had this season was even more grueling because of the closer proximity of a lot of the games and the back to back to back nights. At the end of the day, gotta see how Bron holds up next year if they make it to the Finals again which I believe they can, again.

Congrats, Video Game Kang James! A monkey of sorts has now fallen off ur back. Still got more to knock off

# 46 The 24th Letter @ 06/22/12 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Its crazy, I still see people making jokes, theories and hate against this dude when he plain and simple shut us all up with his performance in the finals. He showed up and did his thing. I'm off the Lebron and Heat-hate bandwagon officially. Now that he has his ring there is no question that the guy is HOF bound just off his current numbers alone.
Pretty wack that some are still trying to find ways to take away from the championship...lol.....I've read some crazy stuff today....

# 47 videlsports @ 06/22/12 08:31 PM
I'm Happy for him, all the critisim he got fro leaviong clevland, really? At the end of the day sports is entertainment to be enjoyed by us in leisure time. I can understand from a competitive stand point of clevland that your upset your star left, but You put nobody around him, Danny Ferry resinged before he was fired because he knew once the Past his prime shaq experiment failed, he knows he failed. The fans need to enjoy Kyree Irving and get over it. Lebron is a great player, he should get 2-3 more honestly.

# 48 videlsports @ 06/22/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
What has LeBron done to anybody for them to hate him? Hate is such a strong word. Are people mad because he beat your team? Please tell me people aren't still mad about the "Decision".
Yes they are and it's sickning. it's time for people to get over the Desicion.

# 49 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/22/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
I think people took that "not 1 not 2.." speech too serious lmao

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
You mean how people took that Dan Gilbert rant too serious?

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 06/22/12 09:48 PM
Is the Dan Gilbert letter referred to once every three posts as well?

# 51 jadert @ 06/22/12 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You mean how people took that Dan Gilbert rant too serious?
Lebron's statement was at a glorified pep rally. Miami does it big when they get superstars. Shaq had a parade and got the key to the city. The celebration was meant for Miami fans, not for the entire world; although with ESPN cameras everywhere tracking his every move he should have known better than to say something like that.

Dan Gilbert obviously was very hurt that Lebron left, so I would say his statements were pretty serious.

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 06/22/12 09:59 PM
Man they were two dumb statements that no one should take literally....that's about it...

# 53 wildcatchild @ 06/22/12 09:59 PM
I don't hate LeBron, but I don't look at the Heat's championship (or any subsequent championships) as overly impressive. I look at them the same way I do when the Yankees win a World Series, i.e., that they're supposed to win. The Heat's path to a ring is no different than a kid buying NBA 2K12, assuming control of the Orlando Magic and trading D-Rose and Blake Griffin to pair with Dwight Howard. It's like, yeah, you're going to beat the tar out of the computer and look impressive doing so. I don't know, it just feels like "cheesing" to me. I admire the Heat more than I did at first because they have started to play more of a "team" game. However, I honestly don't look at LeBron any differently now that he's won a ring. He's a great player and would still, in my opinion, go down as a Top-10 player of all time with or without a title. It just would have been more memorable/impressive had he done it in Cleveland.

# 54 DaImmaculateONe @ 06/22/12 10:05 PM
Space Jam 2?

Kazaam 2?

# 55 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/22/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Is the Dan Gilbert letter referred to once every three posts as well?
Who's doing this though?

# 56 The 24th Letter @ 06/22/12 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Who's doing this though?
If you haven't read the phrase "not 1" etc. over 20 times today, forward me the link to your version of OS immediately...

# 57 gjneff @ 06/22/12 10:49 PM
I want to know how sneaking out the back door of the hometown team that drafted you to join multiple all-stars to get a ring is "doing it the right way". He took a shortcut and he still hasn't lived up to what his talent says he should be.

# 58 GuyinPA75 @ 06/22/12 11:20 PM
My thoughts are . . . . .

If it was a true full season the Heat would not have won it all this year.

Honestly do not see Lebron winning another title as a starter again. Possibly end of career as a bench player another. But not as a starter.

Could I be wrong? Maybe. But that is what I truly believe.

# 59 BlastX21 @ 06/23/12 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyinPA75
My thoughts are . . . . .

If it was a true full season the Heat would not have won it all this year.

Honestly do not see Lebron winning another title as a starter again. Possibly end of career as a bench player another. But not as a starter.

Could I be wrong? Maybe. But that is what I truly believe.
Lol, actually this season was more strenuous than normal because all the games were so compressed. Teams playing multiple back-to-back-to-backs and going on runs like playing 6 games in 8 nights or some other outrageous schedule like that. That seems more taxing than a normal season.

# 60 SteelersFreak @ 06/23/12 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
S/O to SteelersFreak for this post:

So...The Heat get no credit for dismantling the Thunder, but the NBA let James win and are going to continue it?
Haha I think that is just as ridiculous as the Mavs not getting credit for last year. The Heat deserve all the credit right now, they were awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.