Home
News Post

Obi Wan said it best about the current situation, there has been "a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced"

'King' Lebron James has won himself a title. For all of you guys, the question now to be asked: What are you expecting next from Lebron and the Heat? Is anything less than a repeat a failure?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 81 slimm44 @ 06/23/12 01:19 PM
If you don't like great players teaming up, eliminate free agency. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

# 82 GuyinPA75 @ 06/23/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie98
His hairline might grow back now
I laughed so darn hard at this. OMG! Too funny!!!

# 83 GuyinPA75 @ 06/23/12 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Lol, actually this season was more strenuous than normal because all the games were so compressed. Teams playing multiple back-to-back-to-backs and going on runs like playing 6 games in 8 nights or some other outrageous schedule like that. That seems more taxing than a normal season.
But It really means a lot of the teams were out of shape, not in sync, or honestly did not care as much. Of course the caring is subjective. But I think good many players just "went thru the motions".

Didn't the Super Bulls win more games that super season then all the games the Heat EVEN played? Not sure on numbers but I'm willing to bet they did.

# 84 GuyinPA75 @ 06/23/12 01:38 PM
Honestly though, I hope the guy NEVER EVER EVER EVER wins another title.

My big thing with him is the fact he NEVER played EVEN one game in the NBA and look at the jersey number he picked. That is just ego driven mania. He proved nothing before playing EVEN a game.

That is like someone going into the NHL and someone says "Hey kid, what jersey number you want? Know you never played an NHL game yet, so what do you want?" "Ummmm, give me either 66 or 99. Yea, give me one of those. Cause I'm an ego maniac that has proven nothing. But I want 66 or 99. Yep!"

# 85 AUChase @ 06/23/12 01:40 PM
I love how everyone calls it the "easy route". He put Cleveland back on the map, for a few years and they never got him any legitimate help.. just a few role players.

I don't blame him for what he did. If anyone says they would have stuck it out in Cleveland, instead of going to Miami to play with D Wade and Bosh, then they are lying.

I wish people would quit bitching about "the decision". Lebron isn't "that guy" anymore. He's a team player and a great leader. They earned this championship..

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I was happy to see him get his..

Also, I'm all for people believing and feeling what they want, but a jersey number is a stupid reason not to like a guy..

Sent from my Desire HD

# 86 burter @ 06/23/12 02:00 PM
I don't mind people hating Lebron. It's their right especially Cavs fans. But one thing that annoys me more than anything is that they always go to the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe wouldn't do that.

First Magic join a team that had 2 HOF's on it already. Heck from 1982-1985 they had 4 other HOF's on the team..... (and I'm talking about prime players not just guys that tagged along)

Bird join a team with 3 other HOF and had 4 other's on the team from 85-88.

MJ is the one were you could say he started off a lone which he did. Scottie came in and they are the only 2 HOF (aside from George Gervin but that was his last year and wasn't the same as he was before) until 1995 when rodman join up to make it 3. 96 year they had 4 but come on Robert Parish was done lol.

Kobe, well you can't know how many he played with for a few years now, but shaq is one for sure. Malone is a HOF, and I really believe if he wasn't injured in the finals they would have beaten the Pistons, or made it a lot closer. Shaq had to get all the rebounds and lets face it, Shaq doesn't rebound well. Malone wasn't the same Malone but he would have made a huge difference on the boards.
Is Pau HOF, or Fisher, or Horry? Idk but they are far better than anything Cavs had. Not to mention what someone else said, if Lakers didn't pay the league, I mean get that trade from Memphis for Pau, Kobe would still be crying about leaving, since he left in that game 7 against my suns when he took 1 shot in the second half. Yea no one ever brings that up though...

I just wish people would actually think when they make that statement. Lebron took a Cavs team with no HOF, and heck hardly any all stars to the finals. Matter of fact he had 1 all star with him back than, big Z before mo williams became an all star in 09. Don't even get me started on how many of those other players had All stars up the you know what.

So yes I get why he left and I understand it. Especially now.

Now back to the topic. I think he will win at least 1-2 more ships along with finals MVP's and probably 1-2 more league MVP's. If he keeps working, which I believe he will, he is going to just to a point were he will be getting triple teamed. But I believe if OKC can keep their team together, they have a chance to win 2-4 championships. I really do because Durant is going to get much better than he already is now.

# 87 K0ZZ @ 06/23/12 02:48 PM
LeBron doesn't have the killer mentality. Yes he can win games, but he doesn't drive his team forward, there's a difference between being a killer and occasionally coming through. I'll leave alone the injury plagued season because of Bosh's injury (eh) but it took a 160+FT disparity in favor of the Heat to get them that trophy. The Heat are only a .500 team in the playoffs when they get less free throws than the opposition which speaks volumes. Aside from that, he doesn't play like a winner on a day in, day out basis, even in the playoffs. Yes LBJ can average 20PPG and that can be considered bad (I realize he was in 30+ range, just making a generalized statement) . Lebron is a superstar, I can't deny that, he is one of the best players of this generation and he might catch up to Kobe when it's all said and done. Hopefully he matures after this season, his antics on and off the court show his lack of maturity which ties into the previously stated killer instinct. From the little courtside entourage he had in Cleveland, the Decision and turning his back on the city and state that made Lebron, Lebron. I do not see him winning 7 titles, he might win one more in a Heat jersey.

I see Bosh leaving the 'Big 3' and Wade retiring a member of the Heat, I don't know where LeBron will finish but he has another 4 (if injured) - 7 years left, I don't see him playing past his mid thirties.

In short, he is a hell of a talent, but he is immature as hell, he could take apart teams but he doesn't on a daily basis in the playoffs or otherwise and as such needs to develop that killer instinct. A superstar outplays his competition, a legend elevates his teammates to new levels.

# 88 Bigmac612 @ 06/23/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I don't mind people hating Lebron. It's their right especially Cavs fans. But one thing that annoys me more than anything is that they always go to the MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe wouldn't do that.

First Magic join a team that had 2 HOF's on it already. Heck from 1982-1985 they had 4 other HOF's on the team..... (and I'm talking about prime players not just guys that tagged along)

Bird join a team with 3 other HOF and had 4 other's on the team from 85-88.

MJ is the one were you could say he started off a lone which he did. Scottie came in and they are the only 2 HOF (aside from George Gervin but that was his last year and wasn't the same as he was before) until 1995 when rodman join up to make it 3. 96 year they had 4 but come on Robert Parish was done lol.

Kobe, well you can't know how many he played with for a few years now, but shaq is one for sure. Malone is a HOF, and I really believe if he wasn't injured in the finals they would have beaten the Pistons, or made it a lot closer. Shaq had to get all the rebounds and lets face it, Shaq doesn't rebound well. Malone wasn't the same Malone but he would have made a huge difference on the boards.
Is Pau HOF, or Fisher, or Horry? Idk but they are far better than anything Cavs had. Not to mention what someone else said, if Lakers didn't pay the league, I mean get that trade from Memphis for Pau, Kobe would still be crying about leaving, since he left in that game 7 against my suns when he took 1 shot in the second half. Yea no one ever brings that up though...

I just wish people would actually think when they make that statement. Lebron took a Cavs team with no HOF, and heck hardly any all stars to the finals. Matter of fact he had 1 all star with him back than, big Z before mo williams became an all star in 09. Don't even get me started on how many of those other players had All stars up the you know what.

So yes I get why he left and I understand it. Especially now.

Now back to the topic. I think he will win at least 1-2 more ships along with finals MVP's and probably 1-2 more league MVP's. If he keeps working, which I believe he will, he is going to just to a point were he will be getting triple teamed. But I believe if OKC can keep their team together, they have a chance to win 2-4 championships. I really do because Durant is going to get much better than he already is now.
All them playees you named got drafted to those teams...they didnt leave and "joined up" cuz they couldnt get over the hump...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 89 Jukeman @ 06/23/12 03:07 PM
A jersey number? Really?

Really?

# 90 Jakeness23 @ 06/23/12 03:48 PM
I suspect he'll win one more ring in Miami, but who knows where he will play when his contract is up. They'll have to choose between LeBron & Wade which will be tough for them. I actually don't think he'll get more than 1 more MVP, if he gets another one at all with the emergence of Durant, Rondo, Rose, and possibly some other guys that are due for breakout seasons.

# 91 BlastX21 @ 06/23/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
All them playees you named got drafted to those teams...they didnt leave and "joined up" cuz they couldnt get over the hump...

I dont know, man. A title is a title, regardless of the team. If I quit McDonald's and go to work for Apple because they'll pay me more (get me a championship), the $15 dollars an hour I make there is $15 dollars an hour regardless of the fact that I changed companies.

# 92 KG @ 06/23/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
Actually yes I stand by my statement. He is so physically gifted he could do pretty much whatever he wants on the court. He should be even better than he is. If he had Jordan's mentality he would be even better than he is.
Lebron puts up ridiculous #'s so often that it has become almost commonplace. He literally has to put up those 40/10+/10+ for a lot of us to even notice. I credit it as a testament to how good he is and I can't hold his athleticism against him. No one held Wilt's against him when he was putting up crazy stats and losing to Bill Russell all the time.

Magic & Bird never had to chase titles because their teams were already stacked with future HOF'ers.

# 93 The 24th Letter @ 06/23/12 09:12 PM
Stumbled upon this video on YT. because of his complete meltdown vs Dallas, you forget about all these plays he made last year, lol

Tell you what, He's not high on my list to take the absolute last shot to win....but I'll take him in a clutch game any day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDjY...e_gdata_player

EDIT: meant to post this on the LBJ thread mods

# 94 DaSmerg @ 06/23/12 09:58 PM
Gratz to Miami Heat fans out there.

But I'm a Raptors fan and I'm no fan of this incarnation of the Miami Heat. Two top level players walked away from two small market teams with no recompense to those teams which was absolute bologne.

Now that bit of a rant is out of the way...it's really impossible what to predict for the future of the Heat. Can they keep the 3 together?

Lebron is one hell of an NBA talent given the current varitions in gameplay we see today. He definately showed a 'next gear' in drive not only during this shortened season but also through several very tough playoff series.

It has to be said that this was a championship win in what essentially would have been late regular season of any normal year. 82 games +++ is a whole lotta basketball to play through and the rest of the league, including some awfully big money teams (Boston, LA & NYK) aren't going to sit idly by. Add on top of that the world of learning that OKC just got, who btw beat teams who accounted for 11 of the last 13 NBA titles on their way to the finals.

It is definately possible to see more rings for Miami. The east is going to continue to be weak, the Celts looked poised for a near total rebuild is just one weaker enemy.

# 95 xirdneh132 @ 06/23/12 11:43 PM
Glad he won and more importantly for the ignorant people like Skip Bayless who say he isn't clutch, last I checked you don't play the game to be clutch, you play to win a championship and he's a champion. Reggie Miller is a better clutch shooter than Lebron James but ask either one what they would prefer, the title of being a great clutch player or the actually NBA title, both will tell you the same thing, they want the NBA title.

# 96 ryumeijin @ 06/24/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612

Cleveland Draft Picks since 2003

2003 - Lebron, Jason Kapono
2004 - Luke Jackson
2005 - no pick
2006 - Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Ejike Ugboaja
2007 - no pick
2008 - JJ Hickson
2009 - Danny Green, Christian Eyenga

So you're blaming Lebron for failing to win with these guys? almost all of these guys were waived at some point in their careers.

and also, parish is traded for, as is pippen. So not all of them are drafted by their teams.

And if wade, lebron and bosh decided to sign with your team, would you hate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Stumbled upon this video on YT. because of his complete meltdown vs Dallas, you forget about all these plays he made last year, lol

Tell you what, He's not high on my list to take the absolute last shot to win....but I'll take him in a clutch game any day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eDjY...e_gdata_player

EDIT: meant to post this on the LBJ thread mods
Wow. That Celtics and Bulls series were epic! Made his meltdown during the finals a lot bigger though because he was so good before that.

# 97 ScoobySnax @ 06/24/12 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
LeBron doesn't have the killer mentality. Yes he can win games, but he doesn't drive his team forward, there's a difference between being a killer and occasionally coming through. I'll leave alone the injury plagued season because of Bosh's injury (eh) but it took a 160+FT disparity in favor of the Heat to get them that trophy. The Heat are only a .500 team in the playoffs when they get less free throws than the opposition which speaks volumes. Aside from that, he doesn't play like a winner on a day in, day out basis, even in the playoffs. Yes LBJ can average 20PPG and that can be considered bad (I realize he was in 30+ range, just making a generalized statement) . Lebron is a superstar, I can't deny that, he is one of the best players of this generation and he might catch up to Kobe when it's all said and done. Hopefully he matures after this season, his antics on and off the court show his lack of maturity which ties into the previously stated killer instinct. From the little courtside entourage he had in Cleveland, the Decision and turning his back on the city and state that made Lebron, Lebron. I do not see him winning 7 titles, he might win one more in a Heat jersey.

I see Bosh leaving the 'Big 3' and Wade retiring a member of the Heat, I don't know where LeBron will finish but he has another 4 (if injured) - 7 years left, I don't see him playing past his mid thirties.

In short, he is a hell of a talent, but he is immature as hell, he could take apart teams but he doesn't on a daily basis in the playoffs or otherwise and as such needs to develop that killer instinct. A superstar outplays his competition, a legend elevates his teammates to new levels.
I don't get it. That's what everyone is praising him for this year is his maturity level. He was very candid in the fact that he played angry last year and embraced being a villain. He grew from that and tried to better himself on and off the court, and by the looks of things it paid off.

Two questions:
You don't think he elevated his teammates to new levels?

When are we going to put 'The Decision' to rest? He doesn't owe anyone anything. Not an apology, explanation...nothing. People have a sick sense of entitlement these days. Who the hell are we?

Anyway...

Seems like there's always a 'but' when people talk about LeBron. He plays the game the way he feels he's most effective. It's not always as easy as 'take the damn game over.' In Cleveland, LBJ was playing out of this damn mind! He willed those teams the whole time he was there, but it wasn't enough in the end. I guess, what I'm trying to see is: What's there left to hate on about?

# 98 RockinDaMike @ 06/24/12 11:07 AM
I don't get this talk about how won his championship "cheap." They didn't sweep any teams, they went through a tough playoffs to win. Everyone forgets this was Pat Riley's idea to bring them together also, not Lebrons.

Pat Riley is one of the greatest basketball minds ever and knows championships. He's the Don Draper of the NBA.

I guarantee if pitched you, you would be heavily considering whatever he was selling you because that guy has the goods to close and he once proved it again that his methods work.

My manager who worked at my company for 6 years, quit last month because he was offered another job to manage another internet company. Management was changing and he thought the company was going in the wrong direction and wanted to put his skills into another company where he thought he could succeed. Sound familiar? Yeah its called business like the NBA. Should he have stayed because they are the company that "made" him into what he is today?

Is it fair for other teams? No, but business isn't fair and the best survive. Baseball isn't fair but it's not always the highest paid roster that wins either, its the smartest.

# 99 Bigmac612 @ 06/24/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryumeijin
Cleveland Draft Picks since 2003

2003 - Lebron, Jason Kapono
2004 - Luke Jackson
2005 - no pick
2006 - Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Ejike Ugboaja
2007 - no pick
2008 - JJ Hickson
2009 - Danny Green, Christian Eyenga

So you're blaming Lebron for failing to win with these guys? almost all of these guys were waived at some point in their careers.

and also, parish is traded for, as is pippen. So not all of them are drafted by their teams.

And if wade, lebron and bosh decided to sign with your team, would you hate them?

Wow. That Celtics and Bulls series were epic! Made his meltdown during the finals a lot bigger though because he was so good before that.
You ever think about that those guys were gettin drafted because Lebron was winning about 50+ games a season...so most of those guys are late first rounders or 2nd round picks...

Lebron was winning 60+ games a season, east conf finals, went to a Nba finals with them scrubs.

And i get tired of ppl using Scottie...tf was scottie when mike left?????? Oh yall gon use that one season when MJ retired and his scrub *** didnt wanna come back in the game in a crucial playoff series...yeah he sure was a hell of a player without mike -_-

MJ was 38-40 still avg about 20 a game...droppin a occasional 50 on fools heads with the wizards..and had them 2-3 games out the playoffs each of his 2yrs..if im not mistakin..with Tyron Lue as his pg n Kwame/popeye jones as his center O.o...Thats GREATNESS

# 100 Championships @ 06/24/12 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
King James is a top five player of all-time!
Not top 5.. he's entered the conversation as one of the greatest though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.