Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Str0mTropper @ 06/24/12 02:21 PM
Very true, he doesn't have to run a 4.3 you have to keep up with him.

# 2 KBLover @ 06/24/12 02:44 PM
M13 should have introduced a push-off rating since Irvin is in the game

# 3 DCEBB2001 @ 06/24/12 02:51 PM
This vid is more evidence of what I find so maddening with how Donny rates players. Irvin was a mid 4.5 40 guy in his prime, yet Moore gives him a 93 SPD? Irvin even said in the video he was not that fast by stating that other DBs like Darrell Green had to keep up with his pace (4.5). How on earth does that warrant a 93 SPD? I would have given Irvin a SPD rating around 85 at best. However, (and even Irvin alluded to this) his ACC and AGI ratings would be very good in the low 90s. His CIT and SPC ratings as well as his REL and RTE would be very high though, making up for his average speed for a WR.

Why can't the folks at EA realize this and start rating players accordingly instead of dismissing actual data and over-inflating attributes?

# 4 KBLover @ 06/24/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Why can't the folks at EA realize this and start rating players accordingly instead of dismissing actual data and over-inflating attributes?
And at the same time, make these technical ratings (like RTE) much more impacting.

I think then we'd be getting somewhere quickly with pass routes vs pass coverage and release vs press coverage. Only thing I can think of is the engine still has trouble representing ACC/AGI vs raw speed. So in order to be quick, guys have to be fast.

# 5 jfsolo @ 06/24/12 04:11 PM
Yeah, the 93 Speed of Irvin indicates one of two things, or maybe both. One being, pure fan service. He's a HOF'er, an Icon we have to give him his proper respect. The second is that the rest of the ratings still don't adequately manifest themselves with observable gameplay results in the same way that speed does.

# 6 fsufan4423 @ 06/24/12 08:41 PM
If Michael Irvin is a overall 99 and 93 speed, Jerry Rice should be a 115 with 105 speed.

# 7 blklightning @ 06/24/12 08:50 PM
What NFL rules were changed because of Irvin?

# 8 KBLover @ 06/24/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
I believe Offensive Pass Interference.

"Irvin also helped to change the game. A big and strong receiver, he would often create space between himself and defenders by pushing off on them. Eventually, the NFL adjusted the rules, making this tactic illegal under offensive pass interference. It is often referred to as "The Michael Irvin Rule"."

http://www.mahalo.com/michael-irvin/

# 9 Nza @ 06/24/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
No cocaine in the lockrooms.

# 10 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/24/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
When I rent M 13 I don't use legends so really has no impact on me.

His SPD should be mid 80s tho.
Just curious to why you have to state when you "RENT" every time you post? Are you afraid to let someone who is against Madden to know you are playing the game?

# 11 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/25/12 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
No. I just like to make it clear that I don't BUY madden and by RENTING it I'm not dishing anything out of my pocket personally since my gamefly is free.

The reason being. After YEARS of BS I don't feel the title is worth my hard earned money anymore.

Clear enough for ya now?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fpv3rh
No, because its normally irrelevant to the topic at hand. Its unnecessary.

# 12 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/26/12 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
This vid is more evidence of what I find so maddening with how Donny rates players. Irvin was a mid 4.5 40 guy in his prime, yet Moore gives him a 93 SPD? Irvin even said in the video he was not that fast by stating that other DBs like Darrell Green had to keep up with his pace (4.5). How on earth does that warrant a 93 SPD? I would have given Irvin a SPD rating around 85 at best. However, (and even Irvin alluded to this) his ACC and AGI ratings would be very good in the low 90s. His CIT and SPC ratings as well as his REL and RTE would be very high though, making up for his average speed for a WR.

There is a very simple answer to your question.

Unfortunately the only rating that really matters in Madden is Speed. All the other ratings dont matter and are not implemented correclty.

It they were than Madden would have been on the right track years ago. How many times do we scout for a player and mainly check his speed over everything else. Till madden gets this right Madden will not be authentic.

Lets see how it works this year.

# 13 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/26/12 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No cocaine in the lockrooms.
OUCH lol.

The rule that was change is how WR can push off the defender during pass coverage.

Irving was very aggressive with this move.

# 14 kalimmortal @ 06/26/12 11:21 AM
yeah...irvin wasn't that fast...and he admitted as much...

but like he said...if you know how to run routes and create separation...you don't have to be fast...

if you wanna give him...99s in catching...quickness..agility..acceleration...catc hing-in-traffic..and spectacular catches..route running...that would be understandable...

but flat-out, pure, unadulterated, raw speed...he was probably mid-80s..

either EA didn't watch film of Michael Irvin..or they didn't want to offend him by givin' him too low a rating in speed...

i wonder if madden even put Irvin's endzone celebration in the game...

# 15 Phobia @ 06/26/12 11:36 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.