Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Don't expect an overhaul in NCAA Football 13 teambuilder. Check out the following quotes from Justin Dewiel, Community Manager at EA Sports, as he talks about some of the additions on his Twitter timeline.

Quote:
TeamBuilder will have new high school stadiums and uniforms, but there's not an overhaul of the feature this year.

I just reconfirmed that you can still import your previous year.

yea, still 12 teams like last year. No gameface integration this year.

UPDATE:
Quote:
Just confirmed with the team that we're aiming to launch the ‪#NCAAFootball13‬ TeamBuilder site this Thursday. Will let you know when it's up.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/26/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydNDLAL
Actually TeamBuilder will have new high school stadiums and uniforms.
So not the same as 12.
Uncostomizable uniforms for teams already in the game. It's not like they have added brand new uniform templates. So really, it's just 8 new stadiums and no real significant update to TB.

# 62 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/26/12 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
For those of us who use FCS teams, or make smaller teams, it actually is a pretty big deal.
Which is nice I agree, but extra uniform slots, logo slots, new uniform options, selection of hometowns...I mean I could go on.

# 63 D0GGERT D0G @ 06/26/12 07:36 PM
I know the service hasn't been updated in a while, but lets still focus on the positive, this is one of the only 2 console CPU creator services on the market, no other games besides FIFA has done this, with the exception of NASCAR 09's paint booth, Correct me if I am wrong but was the first CPU to Console creation service. I am thankful for Teambuilder and if nothing changes, I will still use it!

# 64 PowerofRed25 @ 06/26/12 08:05 PM
It is really too bad that the one really innovative and promising feature EA has added to the series in recent memory is the one that gets the least attention. Teambuilder could be incredible with even the slightest bit of work.

If they changed it to where you could have Primary, Secondary, Throwback/Patch/Sponsor logo slots and 12 general use uniform slots it would go a long way to improving the game mode. That way people who want 2 helmets, 6 home uniforms, 2 road uniforms and 2 pants could do that. People that want 3 helmets, 3 home, 3 road, 3 pants can do that, etc, etc.

Those two steps could seriously help the game mode so much. Then being able to select all stadiums in a "naked" form, or at the very least have a stadium's color scheme be editable. These really cannot be difficult tweaks, but they seem to escape EA in lieu of game modes and changes no one really wants.

# 65 peylog27 @ 06/26/12 08:16 PM
At least they didn't remove anything from tb.. I guess.

# 66 sparkdawg777 @ 06/26/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
It is really too bad that the one really innovative and promising feature EA has added to the series in recent memory is the one that gets the least attention. Teambuilder could be incredible with even the slightest bit of work.

If they changed it to where you could have Primary, Secondary, Throwback/Patch/Sponsor logo slots and 12 general use uniform slots it would go a long way to improving the game mode. That way people who want 2 helmets, 6 home uniforms, 2 road uniforms and 2 pants could do that. People that want 3 helmets, 3 home, 3 road, 3 pants can do that, etc, etc.

Those two steps could seriously help the game mode so much. Then being able to select all stadiums in a "naked" form, or at the very least have a stadium's color scheme be editable. These really cannot be difficult tweaks, but they seem to escape EA in lieu of game modes and changes no one really wants.

This and CC from last year is untouched and knowing EA may stay untouched for another 3 or 4 years.

They do a really good job of coming up with new additions but a very poor job of expanding on it. I.e. Teambuilder, CC, RTG just to name a few.

# 67 moylan1234 @ 06/26/12 08:50 PM
It will still be worth updating last years teams to me because of the rosters and the new stadiums. UMass, UTSA, and Texas State will make good templates for my teams and stadiums will give each of my 12 their own identity

# 68 riggs6taters @ 06/26/12 08:54 PM
Has NCAA released any good news in weeks? Everything that comes out from them lately is mind bottling. Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?

# 69 Bolt957 @ 06/26/12 09:48 PM
No surprise AT ALL, but nevertheless, disappointing. EA should just say it early that their not making improvements and stop leaving us on the edges of seats only to be pissed off. I'm sick of this EA, you guys have no excuses & I don't want to hear anything else about it. Now I'm sure I wont get NCAA 13.

# 70 sportzbro @ 06/26/12 10:25 PM
goog thing we got reaction time and USC song girls instead though amirite

# 71 PowerofRed25 @ 06/26/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
No surprise AT ALL, but nevertheless, disappointing. EA should just say it early that their not making improvements and stop leaving us on the edges of seats only to be pissed off. I'm sick of this EA, you guys have no excuses & I don't want to hear anything else about it. Now I'm sure I wont get NCAA 13.
I think the worst part with teambuilder is, most of it is web development rather than console coding. Things like additional uniform slots and logos are just a matter of changing the website because you're really not changing anything within the game itself.

Yeah a few menus and the local files would have some changes, but those are very basic and unrelated to on the field gameplay. But for whatever reason, they do not address it. Teambuilder wouldn't even take away from these new features they are pushing on us, just have a separate web development team plug away at that.

# 72 legendkiller5 @ 06/26/12 10:53 PM
So.....

About the location and equipment issues with teambuilder teams, this is what happened.

When teambuilder was first launched last year, I created a new Texas State University team. I used Arizona's roster template, so most of the players were from Arizona and California, and not near many enough from Texas, for a Texas team. Also, the equipment was jacked up as usual, since it's random.

Well, I did a dynasty with Arizona, and I edited the rosters to have all the players wearing revo/revo speed helmets and facemasks, and every player sans kickers and QB's to have gloves. I also edited the majority of the players to be from Texas. I then decided to redo my TSU teambuilder team and went back to change the uniforms, stadiums, etc. When I updated the original TSU team file and played a game, all of the players were wearing revo/revo speed helmets/facemasks. On top of that, all of the players were from the same state I made them from in my UA dynasty. Actually, the equipment rotated within the positions. For example, my starting quarterback wears the revo speed helmet/facemask and visor, long white sleeve on the right arm and 3/4 white sleeve on the left. I would edit things like uniform and stadium and re-upload the team. When I did that, some games, the starting quarterback would have the same equipment as my starting QB in my UA dynasty, whereas sometimes the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th string QB's would have his appearance.

That's huge for users who have a team in, let's say, Florida, but the best roster template for them is Washington State, as far as recruiting goes.

Now, the players all have the same names for the most part in both dynasties, but I don't know if that's the trigger. So, for all of you TB users that have the issue with equipment (some players don't have gloves, etc) and the homestate/town issue, try this workaround and see if it works for you.

This hasn't worked so far for redshirting status, but it's great for recruiting.

# 73 franch1se @ 06/26/12 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
goog thing we got reaction time and USC song girls instead though amirite
Hey THE song girls is a big addition

# 74 eagskerfan @ 06/27/12 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I assume the limitation is still is 12 Team import?

I'll drop $80 for any other developer to build a Generic Fully Editable College game now.

It can be Jr Colleges far as I care.
And they can use this Teambuilder Online tool since EA sees no value in it.

Anyone, please!!!!!!
I would pay $100. Let is change the name and logos of the schools, or let us replace more with team builder.

# 75 muleyman @ 06/27/12 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
There are a lot of things in life to be legitimately depressed about...something in a video game is not one of them IMO.
you have got to be kidding me if you think I am seriously 100 % depressed just because a game, it's a bummer and this is the internet, give me a break.

# 76 D0GGERT D0G @ 06/27/12 01:39 AM
Apparently if you set the roster to brand specific teams they will give you team color shoes with sponsors. My friend created a team using the Auburn template and the team had purple and black Under Armor cleats. Dont know if this has been posted or not.

# 77 SkillzKillz719 @ 06/27/12 02:20 AM
AKA Ratings are coming out

# 78 D0GGERT D0G @ 06/27/12 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
AKA Ratings are coming out
I thought a video was already posted with ratings? It was brief though

# 79 boritter @ 06/27/12 03:06 AM
I follow the development cycle of a lot of games. NCAA seems to be the only one where the 5-10 improvements that are announced by marketing are the ONLY improvements in the game. Other games announce the big improvements & then they also add a number of smaller upgrades. But with NCAA it is safe to assume that if marketing didn't announce it then it wasn't touched. NCAA is also the only game that I follow where the devs constantly say, "There wasn't enough time this year." It's frustrating to continually hear the same excuse.

# 80 mattynokes @ 06/27/12 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
Apparently if you set the roster to brand specific teams they will give you team color shoes with sponsors. My friend created a team using the Auburn template and the team had purple and black Under Armor cleats. Dont know if this has been posted or not.
This is true, but the problem is you can't edit the equipment with team colors, it's only for players on the startup roster. So basically once you start recruiting players in dynasty you won't have team color gloves or shoes. Your only hope is for prospects to come in with the team color sleeves and wristbands (player model will show pink equipment, but it will say "None").

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.