Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition

Exclusive package to include NBA 2K13, downloadable All-Star add-on content,
customized Spalding® basketball, Skullcandy Ink’d earbuds and Skinit controller skin

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

“With this special edition package, we want to give something meaningful to our great fans,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This is an awesome deal that is sure to please fans, and will become a must-have item while supplies last.”

NBA 2K13 is the follow-up to NBA 2K12, which has sold-in over 5 million units worldwide and won more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards from outlets including Gamespot, Sports Illustrated and the Spike Video Game Awards.

NBA 2K13 is being developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. NBA 2K13 and the NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MarvellousOne @ 06/28/12 12:53 PM
At first thought, I would have said $100 is too much for what they are giving you then I thought about it. An official sized NBA Spalding basketball is going to run you about $20 to $40 (depends if you order offline or not) the ear buds probably a $10 to $20 item, the skinit can be anywhere from $5 to $20 so all in all your getting your money's worth if you do purchase this from a value standpoint. Now whether you deem this a necessary buy is all on you...personally I don't buy collectors edition, limited edition, etc etc because I don't see the point in them when I really just want the game.

# 42 jd@os @ 06/28/12 12:53 PM
This was NOT the major announcement guys. They said one would drop today that wasn't related to game play, and the major one would be in a couple of weeks.

# 43 LD2k @ 06/28/12 01:19 PM
Dynasty Edition dance.

Swag.

# 44 UnbelievablyRAW @ 06/28/12 01:40 PM
Looooool this announcement? A way to get more money from us for a game that will only bring issues that werent present in the last like 2k12 and 11 did? No thanks

# 45 KyotoCarl @ 06/28/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
This should be free to compensate the customers for the 2k12 disappointment
Wow. Gameplaywise 2k12 was the best basketball game released to date, no matter how you look at it. Posts like the are just to troll imo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 46 kmiree16 @ 06/28/12 01:43 PM
Have they ever announced why the All-Star DLC isn't available for PC?

# 47 NINJAK2 @ 06/28/12 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Dynasty Edition dance.

Swag.
Any chance 2k can use that black box design for the official cover for 2k13 L?

# 48 LD2k @ 06/28/12 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Any chance 2k can use that black box design for the official cover for 2k13 L?
At this time, we've shown the covers that you will receive. Though, you get the slick black box itself with that design. It reminds me of the NBA 2K10 locker black box design. I still have that up in my apartment to this day. Awesome.

# 49 TUSS11 @ 06/28/12 02:52 PM
Is that controller condom reusable?

# 50 Behindshadows @ 06/28/12 03:31 PM
For everyone complaining about a $100 price tag...let's see what you get here...

NBA 2k13 $60
A Custom basketball by Spalding - Cost of a regular Spalding ball $24.99
All-Star Weekend DLC - XBL and PSN around $20
Custom Skin - Price unknown but normally online for around $10
earbuds by inked - retail for $20

So there is some value to justify the price.

It's no big deal, as a fan of the series and collector's edition addict.

I'll be reserving this first thing in the morning.

# 51 MarvellousOne @ 06/28/12 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
For everyone complaining about a $100 price tag...let's see what you get here...

NBA 2k13 $60

Only part that draws an eyebrow to me...if it ever becomes dlc I doubt it will be around $20 more like $10 if anything I just don't see it being that high for All-star Weekend add on content

# 52 LD2k @ 06/28/12 04:57 PM
To clarify - there have been no announcements regarding the NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on downloadable content to be released via DLC.

This is ONLY a pre-order bonus.

If you're looking to purchase NBA 2K13, regular or Dynasty Edition, you can find any and all information here -
http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K13

Hope this helps.

# 53 KyotoCarl @ 06/28/12 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

NBA 2k13 $60

And, most importantly; you don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

Can't believe some people are complaining about this. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 54 Angel_G @ 06/28/12 06:08 PM
They should have included one McFarlane Sports figure you could get Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose and a poster of the cover like 2k10

# 55 IpodKingCarter @ 06/28/12 06:12 PM
This actually looks worth it if your a collector... it's $60.00 for the game itself and if you add in the ear buds & basketball that should add up to $100.00 so your really breaking even in the end

# 56 Behindshadows @ 06/28/12 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpodKingCarter
This actually looks worth it if your a collector... it's $60.00 for the game itself and if you add in the ear buds & basketball that should add up to $100.00 so your really breaking even in the end
Exactly the point I made in my post.

# 57 Leftos @ 06/28/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
To clarify - there have been no announcements regarding the NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on downloadable content to be released via DLC.

This is ONLY a pre-order bonus.

If you're looking to purchase NBA 2K13, regular or Dynasty Edition, you can find any and all information here -
http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K13

Hope this helps.
So you're saying that the All-Star Weekend pack is only for blind sheep that are willing to cash out blindly before any reviews even come out? Before they know if the product is worth their money?

Horrible move, 2K. Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Not only your PC fanbase gets no respect once again, but you're actually expecting console gamers to buy the game without reading a single full review of it. Or they don't get the content.

An All-Star Weekend pack is significant content, 2K. You can't just say "either buy it even if it turns out to be ****, or you're not getting this content ever".

Screw this.

# 58 LD2k @ 06/28/12 08:04 PM
Most retailers only require a $5 deposit on pre-orders. This bonus, add-on content is at no extra cost as the $5 is placed towards NBA 2K13. Completely optional for those who want it.

And in theory, you could always pull the $5 if you wait for reviews for any product and are not satisfied.

I simply want to be clear to answer those who believe this will become DLC after launch. No such thing has been announced.

# 59 LionsFanNJ @ 06/28/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
They should have included one McFarlane Sports figure you could get Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin or Derrick Rose and a poster of the cover like 2k10
This is what I would have wanted in. A special edition. McFarlane makes nice statues/figures.

# 60 Goffs @ 06/28/12 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
agreed...I don't know why they didn't have one for this guy

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.