Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Due to concerns of the lack of field degradation (specifically on white jerseys) in the NCAA Football 13 demo, EA Sports has tweeted an image, showing it off in the game. For those of you not seeing any field degradation, it is likely tied to the quarter length.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 stoncold32 @ 06/30/12 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydNDLAL
How much exactly do you want man?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ages/SDST3.jpg

People will never be happy with what EA tries to provide them.
We'd all be a little happier though if EA would be consistent in what they "provide".

# 82 Sheen_O_Mack @ 06/30/12 02:49 PM
Why is it that some people are saying that "this isn't enough"? or "this looks great"? It's one screen shot, JUST ONE and we don't know what quarter it was in or any other variables that could be included in the degradation of the uniform.

IMO this screen was to show that it has been included in the game. It does not show the extent of the degradation and judgment should be reserved till after gameplay vids come out or you get your hands on the game.

With that being said if mud bowls happened as much as playing in the rain happened in 12, I would start quitting games once I saw that it was raining.

# 83 stoncold32 @ 07/01/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9er

I would like to see a screenshot in a sunny game in the last minutes of the 4th quarter on a grass field.
this is all we want. Hello EA? This is all we want...ju st show us it's fixed.

# 84 sub9er @ 07/01/12 04:56 PM
Hopefully someone in this thread has season ticket so we can find out on the 6th or 7th if not I''ll post on the 10th for sure.

# 85 bigbuck @ 07/01/12 09:07 PM
I would like to see the weather effecting the game more. bad snaps, slipping players, fumbles,etc. how about when a player hits the ground he has grass stains on uniforms as contact with the ground. bring back the eye black and the different color visors and why have dark visors on the game and when u put one on a player during the game its clear as day. how about on and off rain during the game. im done talking about the teambuilder cuz its never gon get right. how about jerseys coming out of pants and showing off the back plate that some players wear. im thinking of things i see on saturdays. how about the whistle start off a play like they use to have. refs throwing the flags on the field. how about late hits out bounds draws a flag. holding on the defense, illegal contact, helmets coming off on big hits, let some big hits draw a personal foul, horse collar flags, let the rivals meet at the 50 yard line talking smack at each other. im done talking bout the same thing

# 86 mrprice33 @ 07/01/12 11:26 PM
Some of that stuff you posted isn't technically possible right now.

# 87 majesty95 @ 07/02/12 12:51 AM
If dirty jerseys are our worst issue this year, we will be in good shape!

# 88 TracerBullet @ 07/02/12 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
Pretty sure this game was after like 4 state championships, a Pitt football game, and a re-sodded field that got hammered with rain right after being placed down. Bad example for trying to portray this as normal occurrence.

# 89 CT Pitbull @ 07/04/12 12:33 PM
Attachment 46122

this is from a game i just played from the 4th quarter --ncaa 12 reggie bush dirty white uni...10 min quarters clear weather

# 90 bad_philanthropy @ 07/04/12 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
The issue is that jerseys don't get dirty on synthetic surfaces, even though in real life they show wear and tear.
Why would jerseys get dirty on synthetic surface?

# 91 DetroitStyle @ 07/05/12 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Attachment 46122

this is from a game i just played from the 4th quarter --ncaa 12 reggie bush dirty white uni...10 min quarters clear weather
The difference between Bush and Vilma is laughable. Insert Patrick meme here: let's take all the dirt seen on Vilma's jersey, and put it on Bush's jersey.

# 92 sub9er @ 07/06/12 11:25 PM
will someone post a couple shots dark & light uniform degradation in all weather conditions last minutes of the 4th quarter on a grass field.

ps3 preferably

# 93 mrprice33 @ 07/06/12 11:56 PM
Post 49 on the impressions thread has pics of two players (one in all white, one in blue) late in the 4th in a driving rain.

# 94 sub9er @ 07/07/12 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Post 49 on the impressions thread has pics of two players (one in all white, one in blue) late in the 4th in a driving rain.

nice keep them coming maybe a day game next. I really appreciate it

# 95 mrprice33 @ 07/07/12 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub9er
nice keep them coming maybe a day game next. I really appreciate it
I just finished a day game in sunny weather in Miami and didn't notice any jersey wear and tear, but there was pretty good helmet scuffing. No pics though, sorry.

# 96 Krebstar @ 07/07/12 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I just finished a day game in sunny weather in Miami and didn't notice any jersey wear and tear, but there was pretty good helmet scuffing. No pics though, sorry.
Same with me. Full game at Iowa, not a mark of dirt on either team. Including my RB who had 34 carries.

Also, I didn't notice any change at all in the grass.

# 97 bad_philanthropy @ 07/07/12 01:20 AM
It's definitely more difficult to see details like dirt during gameplay as well now. It seems they've reduced the level of detail of the models for the distance of the camera during general gameplay. Visors, for instance, only appear during cutscenes and zoomed way in on replays. So it might be harder to notice dirt unless you zoom right in in the replay menu.

EDIT: Fourth quarter sunny day game. That is dirt on #4's shoulder and not a shadow.

# 98 madman112 @ 07/07/12 05:17 AM
forgot about this thread, but from what all of you are saying this does not sound good at all, so overall is it looking more likea reapeat of last year were uniforms well white uniforms dont get dirty but colored ones do?

# 99 Krebstar @ 07/07/12 03:04 PM
From what I'm seeing so far on non-rain games, everything gets dirty except anything white. Even black tape on players wrists get dirt on them. I just played as VT against Miami, and Miami's shirts were clean after the game and VT's pants were clean. However, everything else had dirt on it. Noticeable.

Field also got torn up nicely. Last night I didn't realize I was playing on FieldTurf. Helmets also had quite a few scuff marks.

# 100 merchant1874 @ 07/07/12 03:21 PM
I swear this is the strangest bug in the game. Why does it not work? In my head it should be so simple to fix but hey Im not a games developer so maybe it is extremely hard after all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.