Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Return Florida State to their rightful place at the top of college football.

Each year, I try to compile a list of the best destinations to play dynasty mode depending on what kind of a fit you are after. I typically don't publish this list, but I figured it'd be a fun one to publish this year as I try to figure out what destination I want to go to. Here it is:

The Return to Glory Dynasty: Florida State. It's all there for the taking in Tallahassee.

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: LSU. If you want a challenge, LSU would be a good one since they reside in a state that isn't one of the top three hotbeds for recruiting in game like Texas/Florida/California are but rather it's in the second tier of states, so it's a bit more challenging.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: Colorado State. The Rams used to be really good back in the prior decade or two, and held the reigns as a premier mid-major program. It's time they return there.

The Impossible Dynasty: Western Kentucky. There isn't much to say about WKU, the recruiting isn't good - the team is bad. It's going to be a challenge for sure.

The New Guy Dynasty: UTSA. For a couple of reasons, the Roadrunner is a much cooler mascot than a Bobcat (Texas State) and you play in the Alamo Dome. Cool right?

The New BCS Power Dynasty: California. Let's face it, things aren't rosy in Berkely, but they have been and can be. It's time to make the Bears a traditional power.

The WACky MAC Dynasty: Central Michigan. The Chippewas are a cool bunch and feature the best fit out of the two conferences which I really have the least amount of care for in the Nation.

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Notre Dame. Why? Because the rise of video games have brought upon nothing fruitful for the Irish. They're independent and their schedule this year is a bit of a bear. Give 'em a try.

So what about you? What are your top dynasty destinations for NCAA 13?

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bb9 @ 06/30/12 06:51 PM
5th Coach in 4 Years Dynasty- Go Pitt Panthers!

# 42 scottyo60 @ 06/30/12 07:12 PM
The impossible dynasty should not be WKU. If it holds true to real life Florida will be a pipeline and you have Jakes for another year.

# 43 Eski33 @ 06/30/12 07:42 PM
I will probably play single seasons with Notre Dame, Michigan State, and I usually mix in a team or two that I would typically never use. A couple of years ago I was hooked on Clemson and the purples. I may roll with Maryland because of those uniforms.

# 44 KushNstien @ 06/30/12 08:12 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty: USC. They been out of bowl games for a while so its time to get them back into the National Champs

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: Michigan. since it is my favorite team i will have a lot of fun managing this powerhouse

The Impossible Dynasty: Buffalo. Havent really tried this team out, since i live in NY i chose this team. and i do like their new uniforms.

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Oklahoma State. Using this team on my Online Dynasty, and will be turning them into a dominate powerhouse.

# 45 IronVictory @ 06/30/12 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj_28
Texas state fans will hate you forever, don't forget about that I-35 rivalry.
Haha true. That's part of the fun, though. Makes for a good story.

# 46 Slaticus @ 06/30/12 09:30 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty:UGA. We have all the pieces, just need a better OC.

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: Oregon. One of the most fun offenses in the game. All they need is a Natty or 2.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: Navy. They have won bowl games and national champs. Its time for them to regain their rightful place.

The Impossible Dynasty: Western Kentucky. There isn't much to say about WKU, the recruiting isn't good - the team is bad. It's going to be a challenge for sure.

The New Guy Dynasty: UMASS. Going to be using them in my OD, should be fun.

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Clemson. Its time for them to beat some expectations.

The WACky MAC Dynasty: Northern Ill. They have had some success lately. Be fun to continue that.

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Notre Dame. Because I love the Irish baby.

# 47 Blackout863 @ 06/30/12 09:57 PM
I like all off these except two small thngs.

Louisiana is actually a pretty decent hotbed for recruiting. NCAA doesnt correlate well into recruiting. To the casual fan FL, TX, CALI are the 3 major hotbeds. In reality, Its the big 3 but Louisiana, NC, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, Michigan and Alabama which are the major hotbeds but NCAA doesnt really reflect that. Many of LSU's players are from Louisiana, TX and Florida, with florida being very minor for them.

# 48 Army801st @ 06/30/12 10:38 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty: USC its about time they get it done, SEC can suck it!!

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: Alabama, here i think just take the last champ in the past few years.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: A TCU of some sort here, if they went undefeated, would they still be in?

The Impossible Dynasty: I Love my HOOSIERS, they will never be a football school but might as well make it in the fantasy world.
The New Guy Dynasty: UTSA. what is nice about this WAC school is you can't go wrong with either UTSA or Texas State.

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Lets take Oregon to the promise land

The WACky MAC Dynasty: For Sure BALL STATE, I mean how can you go wrong with BALL U or BS U

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Try this one on for size, BYU or ARMY NAVY?

# 49 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/30/12 11:00 PM
In brining my Alma back!! We are Penn State and I'm changing the division names to Paterno and Stagg. *******s took his name off the trophy, this is my game.

# 50 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 06/30/12 11:32 PM
My personal favorite: Sink the Navy Dynasty: The goal is very simple, beat Navy with Army. No conference switches, no schedule editing*, no recruit making and no changing offenses. Nothing fancy. No national title goals, no conference titles to worry about, and only 2 or three other rivals. Just smash mouth traditional football.

*If the game doesn't add Rutgers and Notre Dame from time to time then this is acceptable.

However, I must say, due to the lacking ability of the AI to run an option offense this dynasty be more competitive using one of the following:

- Have another user run as Navy.
- Coach mode.

Or just run a Commander-In-Chief Dynasty but I always feel the person who gets Air Force (despite getting the best team) is like the bastard child. It does not seem many people ask to be Air Force, but are stuck with Air Force.

# 51 franch1se @ 07/01/12 01:15 AM
The Return to Glory - USC off the bowl ban and ready to go for the Crown
The Become the next Boise State - San Diego State. Awesome uniforms, improving football team, moving to Big East and in a recruiting hotbed in California.

# 52 nolesfan69 @ 07/01/12 01:17 AM
I always use FSU in dynasty since the PSX era. And I won a national championship in every game since the 98 title came out. But I did not win won using NCAA 12. But I will try a Duke dynasty, talk about impossible. The Devils are going to be a 5 star team by year 2016 of my dynasty.

# 53 Yomomma2000 @ 07/01/12 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
USC could be an interesting one, With barkley leaving, and the two freshman qbs behind him.
@Reggie16 Uhm... Barkley isn't leaving????

# 54 R.2 @ 07/01/12 06:54 AM
The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: I'm going to use my Hawaii Warriors, new coach, new system, and my friend is the #1 receiver for that team haha.

# 55 OmahaKnights @ 07/01/12 07:04 AM
I'm going to start off as a coordinator at a small school, get them bowl eligible, and then ride the carousel. Knowing my luck, I'm just going to end up at Ohio again. It was pretty fun turning them into the next Boise, though the AI helped by getting them to three stars before I made my move.

Return to Glory: Tennessee. They're overdue.
Manage a powerhouse: What's the fun in that? If I had to pick one, I'd pick Michigan, I suppose.
Next Boise: Tulsa's had a pretty good team over the past few years, and they're in pretty fertile recruiting territory. I'd go with them.
New guy: I would do USA, but they're not available, so Texas State.
New BCS power: I want to see UCLA rise up and stick it to the Condoms, so them.
WACky MAC: It doesn't get much more low-major than Bowling Green. Plus you have a tough rival in Toledo to make things interesting.
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here: Wyoming
Leather Helmet Superstars: Minnesota, Pitt, or Army. Never been much of a domer. It's too bad FCS teams aren't in, or I'd go with Harvard or Princeton.

# 56 Blackout863 @ 07/01/12 08:20 AM
I totally disagree with Louisiana not being a Hotbed. In reality, Louisiana, Georgia, North & South Carolina, Michigan, Ohio and Alabama are the Hotbeds for College Football behind the big 3. Those other states while not producing the amount of players overall, produce STAR talent.

NCAA doesnt reflect this obviously because IMO its made for the casual fan and not the hardcore college football fan.

# 57 OmahaKnights @ 07/01/12 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863
I totally disagree with Louisiana not being a Hotbed. In reality, Louisiana, Georgia, North & South Carolina, Michigan, Ohio and Alabama are the Hotbeds for College Football behind the big 3. Those other states while not producing the amount of players overall, produce STAR talent.

NCAA doesnt reflect this obviously because IMO its made for the casual fan and not the hardcore college football fan.
I was thinking the same thing. Louisiana's not that far behind the big 3 states talent wise.

# 58 TheRegan @ 07/01/12 02:52 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty: UCLA, a decent team with great history and a great recruiting state.

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: Auburn, should be fun getting them back to the BS Championship.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: FAU, just for the stadium.

The Impossible Dynasty: Idaho, I have a thing for the Kibble Dome.

The New Guy Dynasty: UTSA, I love both the size and Capacity of the Alamodome.

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Vanderbilt, I love trying to build them into an SEC power.

The WACky MAC Dynasty: UMass, Worst team on the game, plus rivals with Boston College and UConn.

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Notre Dame.

# 59 JazzMan @ 07/01/12 06:14 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty: Penn State. Considering the awful year they had last year, it'd be cool to get them going again.

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: USC. Great recruiting and a leader in Matt Barkley.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: Houston. Had a good year last year, but will be on the downside with Keenum gone.

The Impossible Dynasty: Army. Need I say more?

The New Guy Dynasty: Agree with UTSA.

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Nebraska. They have all the tools, they just need a consistent quarterback, or maybe become the high-scoring option running team like in the 90's.

The WACky MAC Dynasty: Hawaii. Who WOULDN'T want to play football in paradise?!

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Might as well go Notre Dame. Lots and lots and lots of rivals..

# 60 RCopenhagen @ 07/01/12 06:34 PM
The Return to Glory Dynasty: Army. They used to be a powerhouse. Our service academy schools deserve to kick as much butt on the field as they do defending our freedom.

Manage a Powerhouse Dynasty: You said LSU because they aren't in a hotbed for recruiting... are you nuts! Louisiana and southeast Texas is a GIANT hotbed for football recruits. I contend Alabama is less of a hotbed for recruits and the Crimson Tide would be the better powerhouse to manage.

The 'Become the Next Boise' Dynasty: I agree with Colorado State. I'd give Utah State an honorable mention. They are going to have a pretty good team this year, as well as slick new unis.

The Impossible Dynasty: Eastern Michigan.

The New Guy Dynasty: I see your Alamo Dome, and I raise you a Gillette Stadium. UMass Minutemen get my vote!

The New BCS Power Dynasty: Virginia. We have all seen the Hokies win some games in the past decade under Frank Beamer, but what about the Cavaliers? It would be cool to see them retake the state of Virginia and leap into the national spotlight.

The WACky MAC Dynasty: Louisiana Tech. The bulldogs have a lot of potential if you ask me. They will never be LSU, but they could definitely win a lot of games.

Finally, the We Were Good Before Games Were Invented Dynasty: Roll Tide... Enough said.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.