Home
UFC Undisputed 3 News Post

One of the most anticipated rematches for the UFC is just around the corner, as Chael Sonnen will try and dethrone Anderson Silva after having fallen just short in their first encounter. One has to wonder if Chael Sonnen didn't benefit from not only a minor injury to Anderson Silva in the first fight, but also just the sheer surprise factor of actually throwing strikes at the champ and moving forward. Either way, Sonnen continues to be the mouthpiece for the fight, hyping it beyond a level that it maybe even deserves. I've always thought Sonnen just kind of goes for quantity of verbal barbs rather than quality, but at least he makes people care about these fights.

It seemed appropriate to run a simulation of this fight, so I set the CPUs to do battle in UFC Undisputed 3. I ran the fight at expert difficulty (because I felt the very top level might produce too many transitions), and I also enabled “simulation” settings for a proper stamina representation. I gave the referee assignment to Josh Rosenthal since he had the assignment during the first tilt.

Here's the play-by-play of the fight...

Read More - UFC Simulated Title Fight: Sonnen vs. Silva II

Game: UFC Undisputed 3Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
UFC Undisputed 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Joey Sauce @ 07/03/12 12:30 PM
I do simulation and the top difficulty but rarely see cpu vs cpu submissions...is it best to keep it on expert?

# 2 Jadakiss88 @ 07/03/12 02:49 PM
Actual Sonnen has difficulty defending the Triangle choke and I wouldn't call his lackluster "win" against Bisping a mental lapse. Sonnen punches like a girl, is a very sloppy striker, and honestly Silva underestimated him like he did so many fighters before Sonnen. I see this fight going three rounds Sonnen will probably gain an edge if he attacks fast and takes the fight to the ground, he will probably keep it their throughout the first round but to no avail. Second round is when his poor striking and inability to break through Silva's ground defense will show. Third Round Lights out for Sonnen.

# 3 Phobia @ 07/03/12 03:27 PM
I really enjoy reading these!

# 4 Jukeman @ 07/03/12 07:49 PM
I created UFC 148 in my WMMA3 Universe and here are my results for Silva vs Sonnen II:

Spoiler

# 5 mmathaifighter @ 07/05/12 09:42 AM
Hypnotized by a doctor? He couldn't have taught him some basic sub defense with he was under? I like Chael because he brings an entertainment value to MMA but I never take anything he says seriously. I remember when he was calling out Brock a couple years ago. Oh and the fact that he NEEDS TRT to compete at this level means either A) he abused it at a younger age to the point his own body no longer makes it and/or B)he needs the advantage so he manipulates his levels to get cleared for it. Either way, if he can't compete without it, he shouldnt be competing at all. I can't hit a curveball so does that mean all MLB pitchers should only throw me 75mph fastballs so I can play because I'm not able to do it naturally?

I should add, I'm not anti PEDs, at all as I get TRT myself and feel anabolics should be legalized and available for anyone over a certain age, for any reason, under a doctors supervision but in the current structure in sports makes that not the case so therefore any athletes that need it to compete should be penalized appropriately. Make it available for all or none.

# 6 Jadakiss88 @ 07/05/12 01:50 PM
Sonnen dominated Silva for 22 minutes and LOST that's a huge HUGE issue when a sports biggest draw is how fast someone can be knocked out. Please if you haven't seen the fight go back and watch the fight. It is rare for someone to drop over 250 more punches and only take 65 and still win but it happened at going into this fight if Sonnen can't finish Silva, Sonnen will not win...

# 7 redsrule @ 07/05/12 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
All of Silva's wins are against strikers. I know u'll say Henderson is a wrestler, but he's more of a striker in my eyes. Sonnan will win this trust me Silva is not who we think he is.
Okami, Sonnen the first time time, Maia, Leites, are all grapplers first. Even Forrest is a better grappler than striker, he just decides to strike.

# 8 mmathaifighter @ 07/06/12 12:35 AM
Don't forget Travis Lutter is the "Michael Jordan of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" and Anderson subbed him. Haha...good ole Rogan.

# 9 DBMcGee3 @ 07/06/12 11:26 AM
I think in the first fight, to his credit, Sonnen rocked Silva early on and took advantage of that with relentless ground and pound. I see Silva coming in more focused this time and really utilizing his stand-up advantage. If he can get Sonnen frustrated and/or hurt, those takedown attempts will become predictable and eventually I think he'll catch him with a knee or a choke. Super excited to see this guy mad, should be quite a show either way.

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/06/12 11:48 AM
Sonnen always had poor sub defense.......Damn near all his loses came from submissions. Hell even Forrest Griffin of all people submitted him back in 2003. Hell even Terry Martin of all people beat his butt. And Jeremy Horn beat him 3 times.

# 11 redsrule @ 07/06/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sonnen always had poor sub defense.......Damn near all his loses came from submissions. Hell even Forrest Griffin of all people submitted him back in 2003. Hell even Terry Martin of all people beat his butt. And Jeremy Horn beat him 3 times.
Forrest has a great ground game. He just decides to not use it 99% of the time. Terry Martin broke his ribs I believe in that fight, and Jeremy Horn has always had a great sub game too.
He does have like 5 losses via triangle which is awful though.

# 12 darksilver2820 @ 07/08/12 02:30 AM
off by a second? Well done.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.